vertical in a 4x4 silverhut

• Thread starter t.o.med
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
t.o.med

t.o.med

ive been playing around with this tent i just got. i was planning to try an organic grow in here but i think i might end up using it to veg instead. im already planning to change this and have the scrubber on its own with a seperate fan hooked up to a thermostat. reason being even with the little humidifier in pic i cant keep the rh above 50% . any comments or suggestions fire away.

Vertical in a 4x4 silverhut
Vertical in a 4x4 silverhut 2
Vertical in a 4x4 silverhut 3
Vertical in a 4x4 silverhut 4
M

Malachi

Your gonna have to lower your temp somehow. What temps are you runnin in there mid 80's? Either that or get a swamp cooler. You can pick up a new one online for like 100 bucks.

t.o.med

t.o.med

malachi- if the fans on constant room stays at 78f. i want to change the setup to raise humidity not lower temps. thats why iim going to put the scrubber on a seperate fan and have the cool tube fan running all the time. that way the air going thru the tube will be coming from outside the tent.

t.o.med

t.o.med

okay i switched my tent and this is how i think i will run it now. i might even add co2 with a flow meter regulator. instead of using it to flower i think it will be used to veg for outdoor.

Tent4 006
Tent4 007
Tent4 008
M

Malachi

got ya, that it how i have mine set-up, but horizontal through 2 hoods. my humidity stays right where i want it. i have the same exact tent and i love it!

hubcap

hubcap

i think it'll work just fine. once you get goin, of course, you'll have your tweaks here and there but, imo, i think youve got a good base working there.

also, about temps.......
you mentioned you are playing around with the idea of CO2.....?
CO2, imo, works better in a slightly warmer enviornment so drifting a lil higher than the 78F youre getting now would be just fine, imo. but not sure if your plans changed there....

also, if, your planning on using it for a veg chamber for outdoor plants, this, also, would help them harden off for the impending summer temps.

anyways....
i'm looking forward for more updates....

-side note-
ever try laying one of these 4x4s on their side and use for a veg chamber with T5s?
works GREAT if youve got ALOT of clones and only want them 12" or so before they go out. you can fit ALOT more in there when its on its side.
but that would be for another day, i suppose....

anyways, rock on farmer t.o.

-cap

t.o.med

t.o.med

malachi- do you have the silverhut 4x4 as well? im glad its working out for you.

hubcap- i always run higher temps with co2 i would just turn down the fan speed controller to raise temps a bit. love the idea about putting the tent on its side for clones. i have one t5 fixture right now and i should be getting another one later this week it comes with a second tent (used). i might use one tent vertical for moms and put the other on its side for clones great idea thanks.

M

Malachi

Yea I have the 4X4 silver hut, i think its actually closer to 5X5 though once its up

t.o.med

t.o.med

ya just measured it 4'9" x 4'9" x 7ft is the outer dimensions i have mine in a small room it takes up most of the space.

M

Malachi

I thought so, I am building a custom tray for my next grow. It is 2.5 ft wide by 4.5 feet long. I am going to put 5 X 9 (6") pots mixed with coco/hydroton (45 total) under dual 430W HPS. 76W/Sq.Ft Will probally swiss cheese out the bottom of them and put a 1" coco mat underneath. Its gonna be a killer SOG. I have 50 cuttings of Indiana BG rooting right now. Gonna do a drain to waste into my 40 gal. res underneath the table and pump it out when its full. I am running an ebb and flow right now and I hate it! Flushing will be so much easier with drain to waste. I will do up a thread towards the end of the month when I am ready to rock and roll with the new setup.

t.o.med

t.o.med

sounds good man i think youll like the hydroton/coco mix. will keep an eye out for that grow. dtw is deff a lot easier than recurculating.

M

Malachi

Sounds good. So what's your plan with your tent? You still gonna run veg? I think a mini vert flower room would kick ass!

t.o.med

t.o.med

i cant make up my mind lol. its either flower the og kush (fire) x the white and the Chemdog #4 x deep chunk (nspecta). or do a seed run on the autoflowers so i have lots for the summer.

winta

winta

i was wondering if this was possible/affective ill be ridin wit ya!

M

Malachi

you gonna hit some auto fems with some silver and make tons o' seed? i am def gonna go that route next year. I have already got things in the works for this year.

t.o.med

t.o.med

thats the plan i was also thinking about feminizing some early wonder skunk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom