Vertical Lighting Layout/Spacing 24'x24' Flower Room

• Thread starter BudLust
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BudLust

Im looking to convert my 24'x24' flower room from horizontal 600w hps, to all vertical 1000w HPS.
Sunshine #4 medium in 10-20 gal containers.
Veg 2months in theory, flower 2 months. Veg will be done seperately in the 15'x10' veg room to allow a perp harvest.
Im just looking for help with light spacing.
I dont want to discuss mediums, containers, nutes, etc.

Ive seen a chart sumwhere on the farm showing the distance from bulb to plant vertical spacing, but cant find it anywhere now. so if someone has it plz post it. Rep for good info.

My layout so far in my mind is something like;
16x1000w hps vertical (4 rows of 4 lights)
9 Plants (3 rows of 3 plants)
-Im guessing that the power kush strain im running vegged for 2 months supercropped and flowered out should hit 4ft tall 4ft wide?
If someone can educate me on what to expect on growing vertical trees, plz feel free to include it in this thread.
Everythings subject to change as always, but this is a new field for me going vertical, and id like to dial everything in hitting 1.0 GPW+

thanks guys

Jeezer

Jeezer

1g/w x 16 kw = 16kg divide that by 9 plants equals 1777.7 grams per plant. Theres about 453g in a pound so that means you would need to pull almost 4 pounds per tree to get the yield your looking for. I dont think 4 ft bushes will give you that but who knows? Ive never tried it so i cant speak to much on that but it does seem like a longshot. Less light more plants imo. I would do 4 rows of 4 plants and 3 rows of 3 lights instead.

B

BudLust

1g/w x 16 kw = 16kg divide that by 9 plants equals 1777.7 grams per plant. Theres about 453g in a pound so that means you would need to pull almost 4 pounds per tree to get the yield your looking for. I dont think 4 ft bushes will give you that but who knows? Ive never tried it so i cant speak to much on that but it does seem like a longshot. Less light more plants imo. I would do 4 rows of 4 plants and 3 rows of 3 lights instead.

ya 4lbs a tree sounds too much for a 4fter.

id consider less lights and more plants, but my concern is not providing enough lighting to the backside of the outer plants.

B

BudLust

seems like everyone on the farm has disappeared over this last year. i was hopin to start a grow journal for the new build.

hort-hog

hort-hog

Hopefully this helps. It works well for me for design/setup

[/URL]tp://i768.invalid.com/albums/xx322/hundredgramoz/1157989-Foot-Candle2520Chart2520HPS.jpg

B

BudLust

Hopefully this helps. It works well for me for design/setup

[/URL]tp://i768.invalid.com/albums/xx322/hundredgramoz/1157989-Foot-Candle2520Chart2520HPS.jpg

hmm the link didnt seem to work for me when i copy/pasted it

hort-hog

hort-hog

Sorry, tried to post the image directly but couldn't seem to get it to work.

I'll try again...

hort-hog

hort-hog

http://i768.invalid.com/albums/xx322/hundredgramoz/1157989-Foot-Candle2520Chart2520HPS.jpg

The upper limits of the acceptable range is with A/C and CO2.

The lower limits of the acceptable range is naturally vented without CO2.

Some interpolation is required for deciding on the rest.

1157989 Foot Candle2520Chart2520HPS
Hermitian

Hermitian

Foot-candles refers to illumination, not energy transferred to the plants. See the 1st post on this thread: Computing your lighting requirements.

hort-hog

hort-hog

Bulb spacing will depend on exactly how big you decide the plants will be and other factors such as how much room you want to move around the perimeter of the room.

Another suggestion would be to use a batwing reflector on the bulbs around the perimeter as these are the ones that have plants on only one side.

Hope that helps.

hort-hog

hort-hog

If you wanted to reuse the number of lights I would suggest deleting the four corners as these are the lamps that are the least effective. So 12 lights on nine plants...

C

Cali Grower

I agree with those saying 4lb 4 footers is a stretch, but i dont doubt it could be done with some bigger plants. and a 24 by 24 room should be plenty big enough to get nine plants and 16 lights as big as they need to be to get some 2 - 5lbers. cant help with how to set it up though. :D:rauch08:

Top Bottom