vertical scrog pics anyone? would my take on it work? read and let me know! thanks

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

danko

i read someone talken about this but have never seene it! just wanted to know how that might work? i imagine a hall type grow with 4 plants on each side of the hall, with 4 600's hanging vertical in the middle of the hall. plants would be grown into the screen standing behind the plant trained to grow up and out covering each 4x4 foot screen for each of the 8 plants creating a hall of flowers that would seem to be growing into a wall of bud! would this set up work?????

billy liar

billy liar

I am planning to do just this.
imagine a room 2x2x2m 8 plants around the edges of the room grown up a net with 2 600's in the middle.
just finished building the system.
i will be starting a diary of this next week.
BL

alpine dank

alpine dank

Hey Danko I was thinking about running a vertical and was told to look this up, just copy "heath robinson's grows" and paste in google search... He has done these with very good success. I have since changed spaces and will be running a different setup. You don't get the same yields as doing a horizontal grow, but he does these with the intent of getting a single main cola (he actually gets rid of most of the rest of the plant while growing). Take a look at the search results and good luck

E

easypleasie

Heath is the man! He's got more vertical styles/runs than anyone i've seen. Simplistic and very efficient setups. Only person i've seen hit 2g/watt mark! Very well respected fella. Scrogs, tree grows, you name it, he's done it. For the space, vertical should yield significantly more than horizontal.

Here's my vertical scrog with 4 girls surrounding 2k of light. Actually, there's a couple little og kush in there but they just took up valuable space.

Vertical, it's a fun way to grow :)

Vscrog 42days3
Vscrog 42days7
Vert5
G

GroHi

Agreed! HR is the shit... great model to base verti off of, whichever one of his you choose... always pushing the limits... cool stuff.

HOWEVER, there isn't anything "simplistic" about his runs... he's sportin some concerted planning & skilz to boot.

But it certainly does support the conclusion that it can be done. Grow High, very high, Danko!!! ;-)

E

easypleasie

I meant simplistic as in the ease of running the system. Many of his vert setups use a single pump and light. The initial setup can be a bit of work if you're running something like his flooded tubes. A lot of planning went into that one for sure. But after it's done, it's not a whole lot of work to maintain it. That's the kind of simple I like!

I like his tree runs a lot. Trying that right now :) I love all his setups but the limiting factor for me is plant numbers.

I really wish he wasn't banned from here. Never got a chance to pick up any of his beans.

E

easypleasie

2.1 gpw is the ultimate goal! 2.6 lbs. from a single 600 watt bulb is impressive! I was stoked with getting .9 gpw on my last vert grow! It only gets better as you tweak the setup :)

Looks like I never addressed your question, Danko.

The hallway idea will work. You'll need a good 5-6ft wide hallway if you're using 600w bulbs. You don't want them getting too tall as the light coverage isn't as even. You can always double stack your 600s :) I had my plants raised up about 2 ft. from the ground so I could get into the room without problems. Made life so much easier!

If I were to do my vert scrog setup again, I would put up two screens in the front. Spaced about a foot apart. The outer one (closest to light) would be used mainly to support the buds/branches. The inner would be used to do most of the training. Mine needed to come out another 6-8 inches as it would have supported the buds a whole lot better. Still beats the hell out of putting stakes everywhere!

Give it a try, bro. It's quite rewarding to see your setup come together. And more rewarding when you see a wall of buds :)

D

danko

wow that dudes done some killer grows! thanks for pointing me in his direction. and thanks to all you for your input!

G

Greents

is vertical scrog the best utilization of vertical bulbs? Would your answer depend on the number of plants? number of bulbs?

G

Gnarfbuckle

does this count?

http://i45.invalid.com/23rlhfn.jpg

(not mine btw)

wonderinalice

wonderinalice

I'm doing something like this soon....But with 1 1000w and doing a square around it....but I'm going for taller plants with fewer numbers, and in dirt....I just turned my bulb vertical a couple days ago on 4 plants i already had in flower , the bulb is so much brighter like this, I'm hoping for better results.....We'll see? any suggestions?

G

Greents

nice

were those four plants already living with a vertical light setup?

intruder

intruder

heres mine empty
http://i47.invalid.com/1nyzxx.jpg

and here it is loaded
http://i47.invalid.com/2ed5ssw.jpg

and heres the final result
http://i50.invalid.com/11brg41.jpg

I get anywhere from 1.5lb to 2lbs depending on what strains I run
I have 5 at my option I run a 600 watt bulb and have 8 locations always run 63 days

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hey intruder if you are still here..lol put up some more info on that setup..actually can some other pl put more vert setups go..i have never eve thought of trying a vert grow until now..i mean damn..2.1 gpw...whoa

intruder

intruder

its a 4x4x7 box I built,it sits 6inches off the floor with a hole in the middle ,I run pure cocoponics ,

not sure what else you need info on

Latest posts

Top Bottom