Vertical Soil Tree Grow?

• Thread starter 500lbs Guerilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Anybody have any experience in using vertical lighting layout in soil? I'm thinking outdoor style 30 gal growbags or something like that, with a layout similar to doubled's 42# 10 tree grow.

B

Boots Sugarleaf

me and a buddy are doing vertical trees in 30 gallon grow bags with 2 bags of happy frog in each.....you just have to veg a little longer and I highly suggest foliar feeding with something like verde in addition to feeding regularly in the soil

but yeah, it is working just fine!

M

mrdizzle

there was a guy doing big hempy bucket trees, he used the 20gallon buckets. the layout would be the same, you would probably need a 8wk veg thou

M

mrhappy

veticle_lights.jpg
i just finished 15gal smartpots in canna coco with canna nutes. veged for 30 days then flowered for 8 weeks. This is my master Kush, which turned out pretty nice. these were flowered between 3K watts vertical. This was my first time vert and i had some heat and spidermite issues. I do think it robbed me of substantial yield and vigor. My next attempt is going to be 3 Papaya under 4K and 3 papaya under 6K HPS. I am sticking with the coco although i am interested in learning about hempy buckets for the future?

nkkhills

nkkhills

mrhappy, what was your yield like. I'm thinking of doing vertical with coco as well.
Are you anywhere near gram per watt?

S

Sunshinegrower

Mr.Happy,

What did your root ball look like when you where done? How did the smart pots work out for you. I have 25 gallon ones going now, but it's my 1st time. When did you transplant them into the big pots? Any tips about using those pots? I'm a little worried about watering them as I'm not too sure when they need it because they are so big and I'm used to 5 gallon pots.

B

blahman

let us know your yield. I'm curious about running the bulbs vertical with a shade like that.

Top Bottom