Vertically Challenged Grow Tent

• Thread starter PeglegCultiv8r
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PeglegCultiv8r

Hiya Folks! I'm new to the forums (and medicinal use) and have a hypothetical question for anyone interested. Let's assume a fellow has a 2'deep x 4'wide x 5' tall grow tent. What is the best way for our imaginary friend to manage the height of his plants? The height of his pots and his lighting will both reduce the available vertical space so, clearly a 6' plant is not the goal. Assume further that our gardener has an indica strain in mind, wants to employ 400w of hps lighting and ideally would like to use the "waterfarm" system. Looking forward to any responses. Cheers!!

Pegleg

sky high

sky high

Welcome to the Farm

IMO....a waterfarm grow would be a challenge, peg. You know about the height.....but the heat would more than likely also play havoc with yer grow because the "res" of eachbucket would be inside the tent with the heat from the light. Without a chiller...it could easily be a root rot nightmare.

IF you could set it up and keep the water temps in check...I would think you'd max out at 2 plants in that space.....and I'd say to even do that you'd have to SCROG the fuck out of em.

If you've never grown before...or have limited experience...I would suggest a regular old "soil" grow using organic nutes. IMO, this will be easier and give you more room....and you'll save the expense of Hydrofarm buckets/chillers/ph pen/ppm pen as well as be able to use organic nutes over chemmie nutes. Better taste, IMO....and less chance of shit fuckin up!

someone else may give you completely different advice... but that's where I'd go if it were me. Dial in the space.....get some meds in the jar....and THEN step out on the limb if you feel the need.

good luck whatever ya decide to do

s h

jagle

jagle

id top the plants at bout 3/4 nodes, and lst the branchs, even a scrog if you want, train an even canopy and then flip to flower, sorted

P

PeglegCultiv8r

Thank's for the replies folks. I will certainly be taking into account what you have said. I'll need luck- I'm a city boy never grew much of anything TBH.

Bannacis

Bannacis

sky high pretty much hit it on the head, starting off ya wanna do soil/soiless medium.
much easier to handle mistakes, plus if you go all TLO..true living organics. you will have a much better quality bud. and if your worried about hight, try to find some short wide pots,
those will work better if your topping and and going for a wider bush. that will leave you some over head. scrog...scrog...scrog...

P

PeglegCultiv8r

Thanks Bannacis, didn't realize that drip feed would be so finickey. These are the things I need to know though. Cheers!

sky high

sky high

Feast your eyes on this, peg. Tailor your grow along the lines of this (very nicely done) cab grow. Note what he says about lighting...odor control (and how he tried to make his own filter, unsuccessfully)....his stock/easily obtainable dirt mix/nutes......heat challenges/etc. It doesn't tell you everything but it offers a lot of good info and you can see the results of his efforts.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...oor-gdp-grape-ape-400w-hid-stealth-cab.44476/

goood stuff. Something to shoot for, I'd say.

s h

Papa

Papa

Supporter
PeglegCultiv8r,

do exactly as sky high recommends. his advice is golden.

Papa

P

PeglegCultiv8r

To all repliers,
Kudos folks, thanks for the help. Think of me as a blank slate when it comes to gardening. I'll absorb and use as much as I can and appreciate every tidbit or (seemingly) small idea offered. I read somewhere on the farm the other day that this becomes like a "sickness"- detail obsession and fine tuning. I'll keep my mind empty (easy peasy) and open to new ideas, thanks again guys and gals. . . Cheers!!
Pegleg

Latest posts

Top Bottom