Verticle HPS ?

• Thread starter Bruno
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bruno

I'm thinking of just hanging a 400 watt HPS bulb in a small room instead of using a reflector .
Would this be better ?
I'm thinking that it wouldn't get as hot because I'm not heating up a big reflector witch will also add more heat to the room .

Wouldn't I be able to hang the bulb amongst the plants to better light the under story of the plants .

Burnz

Burnz

Really depends on a few things... size of room, temperature of the air coming in, and your intake and exhaust mainly... Also if you are growing a few plants under the single globe, you wont get a very good light spread once they get bigger if your hanging the globe in the middle of the plants.

Upgrade the room and use a mixture of vert light and reflectors ;)

Hope that helps somewhat anyway :)

B

Bruno

I'm sorry I didn't think to put this in .
The room is under a staircase and is completely lined with Mylar . It's in the basement and is very cool during the winter months lights and odors aren't a problem for me . I will be building a larger room adjacent to the current one possibly combining them .

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

I'd recommend a bulb rated for open fixtures. An vertical / universal burn position.
If an hid bulb breaks an sends 1000' glass flying you could have a fire.
I use a Phillips ceramic metal halide, so I don't know witch HPS are rated for open/ universal.

W

water wise guy

Really depends on a few things... size of room, temperature of the air coming in, and your intake and exhaust mainly... Also if you are growing a few plants under the single globe, you wont get a very good light spread once they get bigger if your hanging the globe in the middle of the plants.

Upgrade the room and use a mixture of vert light and reflectors ;)

Hope that helps somewhat anyway :)

try this method using water cooleds and you iwill be able to place the light in the middle of the plants as close as you wnat with out ever burning them and it will help keep the room a more constsnt temp.

sedate

sedate

Verting a single 400 is going to be kinda weak sauce dude. You could do something with an average reflector for sure - but I wouldn't hang a lamp that small.

Latest posts

Top Bottom