Very late showing of sex

• Thread starter Progshim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Progshim

Progshim

Hi everyone 😊

I've been growing for about two years now, all indoor, some grows better than others. This grow I used regular seeds (8, 2 each of 4 strains), popped them in wet paper towels and started them in Solo cups. At about 3 weeks I re-potted into 2 gallon pots, and once I was pretty sure I had a female of each strain (at 7 weeks) I gave away the other 4 plants. Then I re-potted my 4 into 5 gallon buckets.

I say pretty sure because one of my plants seems to be female but its not presenting like the other 3. The other 3 are obviously female, with pre-flowers fully formed, calyxes and white hairs about 3/8 inch long. But the fourth plant has what look like stunted calyxes. They are only about 1/8 inch long, they split at the end, but no white hairs. They look very much like the other 3 did a couple of weeks ago. I feel pretty confident it's female.

But at 8 weeks veg, shouldn't the pre flowers be fully formed?
Did I delay them showing sex by waiting too long to re-pot? By re-potting twice?

Here's a pic of the 4th plants pre-flower;

Very late showing of sex

What are anyone's thoughts?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I can't tell which sex it is from this pic.

The lack of preflowers is not from something you did wrong. I occasionally get plants that don't produce preflowers and you have to find out what they are after you flip. And they're almost always girls, so this is probably good news.

Progshim

Progshim

I can't get useful pics of them, but on several nodes I can see what looks like tiny under-developed calyxes.

I'll find out soon either way, today I took clones and flipped them.

I don't think I'll try to grow 4 different strains at the same time again. But I'm curious how differently they'll stretch. This is today.
Pre Stretch

Thanks for your response 😊

Latest posts

Top Bottom