Very New, First Outdoor Attempt

• Thread starter uefear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

uefear

I have some seeds that I ordered. I want to do them outside naturally. I have read around here and I see people say to use starter soil and then Fox Farms Organic soil. Is it better to not use any fertilizers? What specific food types should I be giving the plant and at what stages?

Thanks in advance.

P

pure arghan

first time outside

I have some seeds that I ordered. I want to do them outside naturally. I have read around here and I see people say to use starter soil and then Fox Farms Organic soil. Is it better to not use any fertilizers? What specific food types should I be giving the plant and at what stages?

Thanks in advance.

:scared0016: hello im no exbert but have grew some good plants out side and i think that the easyest way is to start the plant in side untill it is about 4-5 inch's tall this should take about 1 week depending on the plant, wille your waiting on them coming up you'll want to dig your holes, they need to be at least 1 foot squier, i used organic mirical grow, worked the best for me :smiley_joint: you will need to use feed on the second week ther down, try not to use before 2 weeks, you can kill them very easy at that piont, if the plants live longer than 4 weeks there grand and you should have a good crop as long as the plant is put down at the right time and in the right place(ie) every plant has difrent times of the year where you live when they should be planted and every plant is difrent in how much wind and rain they can live on, if you do your home work on the plants your putting down you will have no problems :fixed: good luck and good smoking:passingjoint:

U

uefear

I want to start them inside but that would probably involve me getting a HPS light correct?

Also there is no way I can put my babies in the ground as it rains almost every day here and they would be soaked. So I think I am going with 3-5 gallon buckets depending on the price difference (I am scrunched for cash!)

At any rate, I am very excited to get started :smiley_joint:

T

tophmaster

i would just use a few floresent light fixtures to veg them before u put them outside. hps is more for flower save the money use florscent and go with like 10 gallons or so for the pots if u want more pot bigger pots

P

Papa_kush

Thanks in advance.

What strains are you growing bro?

P

pure arghan

uefear

i would just use a few floresent light fixtures to veg them before u put them outside. hps is more for flower save the money use florscent and go with like 10 gallons or so for the pots if u want more pot bigger pots
i would agre, you only need floresent lighting, and if its raining use a bucket with holes on the side of it, not the top and it must be blue or white, this will keep the rain off till there big enough to stand up for them selves :weed-sign: or plant the little shits under some vagatsion- trees?? :harvest:

U

uefear

How powerful of a flourescent light does one need for a few babies?

S

still smokin

4 ft 40 watt will do just fine my friend. they have 2 bulbs, i think its best for one cool white and one soft white. correct me if im wrong anyone please.

U

uefear

So two 40 watt flourescents will be good enough to get my babies going before I stick em outside? I was thinking about ditching the flourescent light idea and instead getting a Metal Halide System to start off the seedlings. Probably a 175 Watt bulb which is 14,000 lumens. Is this a good or bad idea? For $130 bucks I can get the whole Metal Halide Kit with the 175 watt bulb, ballast, timer, ect.

Whats better for starting off, flourescent or metal halide?

I can get a 2 lamp flourescent t5 setup (55w x 2) that produces 10,000 lumens total (5,000 each) for half the price of the Metal Halide System. Its only $70 bucks.

Is it worth the price ?

T

tophmaster

go with the flourecent ill still say bro. i mean especially those t5s. its not worth the extra 70 for the halide man. unless your trying to get them like 3 ft tall or somethin before your throwin them outside. but u can get a great bush just as fast to toss outside with the flourecsents

U

uefear

Wow thanks for the great information bro. Another question I have is which Flourescents do I need to start these off indoor? To get the seeds out of the soil and for some good vegetative growth. I see Warm White 2700K, Full Spectrum 5100K, Halogen White 3500K, Cool White 4100K, Warm White 2750K.

T

tophmaster

yeah i love to top my plants as well arlo. i would run full spectrum flourescents inside just like arlo said

U

uefear

yeah i love to top my plants as well arlo. i would run full spectrum flourescents inside just like arlo said

Where did arlo say this? I must have missed it? Whats the advantage to running full spectrum lights?

U

uefear

Great info Arlo, thanks again you have been a big help so far. I am probably just germinating three beans because of space concerns. I only have 4' x 2 1/2' area for beginning of these life cycle of these before I put them outside. I wanna veg them inside just to get them strong and get them going (with the fan blowin gently) to strengthen them. Then they will go outside into 5 gallon pots for the remainder of vegging and then flowering.

For only three beans do I really need tube style fluorescents? Again I have a small space 4 feet by 2 and a half feet.

Or would two 40 Watt CFLs be enough? One would be 3000K and one would be 6500K (I think around these figures anyway...) What do people use to screw their CFLs into?

I guess both setups can be had for around the same price, just wondering if CFLs will work as good as these t5's.

U

uefear

54 watt 6500° Kelvin high output T5 Fluorescent bulb
54 watt 3000° Kelvin high output T5 Fluorescent bulb

Are these what I should be lookin at?

THC Scientific

THC Scientific

Us t5 6k or 8k bulbs for two weeks inside.

Get a 2 cup measuring cup, get a bucket,

Fill the bucket with 4 cups of soil, 1 Gallon water,1 drop of superthrive for 1 gallon, and Vit B1.

Multiply this for what ever needs you have for 2 weeks under the lights.

now let this sit for a day or two mix it everytime you think of it.

Now water your plants with this when they are under the T5 lights for two weeks, get the strong and healthy, then plant them outside.

U

uefear

This is all great stuff but I still have one problem. I have been trying to find fixtures to put these CFL's in and I can't find anything reasonable. What are people using to screw their CFLS into and hang above plants? I know what I want I just can't find it and that would be some sort of sockets that I could screw my 55-65 Watt CFL's into that have a cord comin off the back of it to plug into the power strip.

U

uefear

Found exactly what I was looking for right here. Just posting this to help out anyone else lookin for these.

D

doggystyled73

Us t5 6k or 8k bulbs for two weeks inside.

Get a 2 cup measuring cup, get a bucket,

Fill the bucket with 4 cups of soil, 1 Gallon water,1 drop of superthrive for 1 gallon, and Vit B1.

Multiply this for what ever needs you have for 2 weeks under the lights.

now let this sit for a day or two mix it everytime you think of it.

Now water your plants with this when they are under the T5 lights for two weeks, get the strong and healthy, then plant them outside.

they make 8k spectrum lights??? since when?

Top Bottom