Very Odd Branching & Growth

• Thread starter Grow420Fun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Grow420Fun

My Plant is Growing/Branching weird
I found a Krypy seed and decided to grow it. Ive only grown "mids" before and have never had this problem. I'm having new growth come off of stems of fan leaves as you can see in this picture. I'm thinking maybe its a male? It had several sets 3 bladed leafs before it gave me a 5 which is another reason for that guess. If it is male can't I cross breed it with the mids by simple taking the pollen sacks from the kryp in a celaphane from a ciggarette pack and putting it around the bud of a mids plant? Please Help! Thank You
Very odd branching  growth Very odd branching  growth

Underthesun

Underthesun

Looks normal to me. 3 blades then 5 blades is normal as well. Maybe I'm missing something. I would wait for pistils or ball sacks before you determine sex.

G

Grow420Fun

So its normal some plants to branch like this off the stem of a fan leaf? I was concerned avout it being male because there where 5 sets of 3 bladed leafs and the odd growth. If it does end up being a male tho, is it that easy to cross breed? Or will only the seeds that are made be a cross breed? Here is a closer picture of what I mean. Thank you for your help.

Screenshot 2015 09 03 13 45 47
Underthesun

Underthesun

Yeah, that's normal. That fan leaf stem is not the main stem on that branch, it just kinda looks like it. It'll grow out and become more straight and that fan leaf stem will look little. Breeding, I think you may need to do a little more reading up on.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Cannabis and most living things are much of the same. If you were a guy and had sex with a woman you don't become 1/2 that woman over night.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
No! That's not normal!
I'd take more photos and then take that leaf off..
is it just one leaf? Or lots?

F

FooDoo

Can someone circle what we're talking about in red and reupload the pic ?

Underthesun

Underthesun

I was kinda thinking the red line here was the main stem to that branch, while the yellow line is the petiole. New growth, and just hasn't straightened out yet. But...I could be wrong and I'm okay with that

Augestwest

Augestwest

Yea I don't see anything wrong with this plant. Alittle lanky and stretched but looks to be growing normal. Def read up alittle more on everything befor jumping into breeding. Are you trying to grow for nugs or to breed strains?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Normal, the nodes are alternating which tells you the plant is mature enough to flower. Wait till it drops some balls or throws some hairs before you decide on sex. And read, read, read.

G

Grow420Fun

Im not trying to breed, just grow nugs. Im just not sure how easy it is to breed if it does end up being a male because this seed came from a crazy dank strain and I normally just grow mids because its hard to get a hold of good seeds where I'm at. I have budding Mids plants which is why I ask about breeding. I've read several different things online an don't know what to beleive. I read you can put the pollen sacks in a cellaphane from a ciggarette pack and tape it around a bud for a few days and the seeds that are made will be a cross breed between the 2. Problem is it gets pretty hot and humid where Im at and from what I know from what experience I do have, you shouldnt cover a plant for that long because they need to be able to breath. Im hoping its not a male but if it is, I want to do something worthwhile with it.

G

Grow420Fun

No! That's not normal!
I'd take more photos and then take that leaf off..
is it just one leaf? Or lots?

There are a few like that that are coming out of nodes of 3 bladed leaves. I thought about removing those 3 bladed leaves so the odd growth would get more nutes etc but wasnt sure because they are still green and healthy.

G

Grow420Fun

Yea I don't see anything wrong with this plant. Alittle lanky and stretched but looks to be growing normal. Def read up alittle more on everything befor jumping into breeding. Are you trying to grow for nugs or to breed strains?

Im just trying to grow nugs but this particular plant came from a seed from some of the dankest diesel I've ever smoked. So if it is a male Id like to do something worthwhile with it like cross breed it with some of my budding mids plants to hopefully get some evenbetter mids or something. The whole breeding thing is confusing though because what Ive read goes against what I know. For example, I read you can take the pollen sacks from the male in the cellaphane off a ciggarette pack and tape it around a bud for a couple days. Problem with that is where Im at is hot and humid and the buds wouldnt be able to breath. I've ruined plants before by covering them with trash bags trying to force them into flowering which is why I feel like if I tried to cross breed like that Id just ruin something. Am i just being paranoid or am I actually right?

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

I've seen that type of leaf pattern before on an OG Kush seed, I can't remember which one and I can't find the picture but definitely very similar. You can't tell whether its a male or female yet. Is it indoors or outdoors? It looks kind of like OG Kush and Diesel leafs in general but has a longer middle finger. Could be dank you won't know until its flowered.

In terms of breeding the basic idea is you isolate the male, collect the pollen when the sacs start opening and then paint the pollen onto female branches that you want to get seeded. The seeds from those buds will be a cross of the male and the female. For example the bud on the female mids seeds you have will still be mids but the seeds in that bud will be diesel crossed with mids the next season when you grow them out.

Top Bottom