Very small Light brown spots on a few leaves. Pics

• Thread starter BavarianFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BavarianFarmer

Hi! So my onyx plant is 3 weeks or so into flower and some of the leaves have now shown a few small brown spots. It looks a little like a deficiency. Anything to be worried about? Also the edges of the leaves bend up a little. Is that normal? I'm using GH nutrients in a powergrower bucket. ph at 6.0 nutes at 500ppm. Do I actually need more nutes? I just dont see the need to put 1000ppm in there when she's not even drinking that much. Only like 100ppm a day and I keep toppping off.

Thanks!
Bavarian Farmer.

edit: The picture at the bottom is an old leave that had light burn about a month ago. So i finally just cut it off. That is light burn correct?

Very small light brown spots on a few leaves pics
Very small light brown spots on a few leaves pics 2
Very small light brown spots on a few leaves pics 3
j wizzle

j wizzle

needs more nutes for sure. you should be at least around 700-800ppm

B

BavarianFarmer

Thanks man! I just changed the reservoir and bumped it up to 650ppm and tomorrow I'll go to 800 I guess. I just dont want to be putting over 1000ppm in like lots of people do. That seems excessive If the plant cant even take in that much that fast.
Am I totally wrong thinking like this? haha
Thanks!
BF

S

saltr

I feel you on the lower feeding numbers, but you still need to push this plant through fruiting and unless it's a crazy ultra finicky strain, 1.0 EC is not going to do it. I don't like going over 2.0 EC, but end-up maxing out a 10 week strain at ~7.5 weeks at 2.2-2.4 EC, depending on it's preferences.

B

BavarianFarmer

Thanks for the input! I'll keep raising the nutes up over the next couple days. I'll press the button to change it to EC also so I can get use to the range on that.

Bavarian

j wizzle

j wizzle

im at 800ppm last week of veg, and i max out around 1200-1600 depending on the strain. so you will certainly need to get up to the 1000 mark soon. give it a week at 800 then gradually go up thoughout veg

hit her hard with P & K at the last 2-3 weeks before flush and the buds will fatten up nicely for you

good luck buddy

and for EC or PPM, its all the same. EC is always the same reading, PPM is all over the place but usually .5 or .7 conversion ratio.

J

JoeKing

Hey, i had the same problems with mine. I am almost certain that it's Cal Mag, are you using ro'd water? If so, then thats it for sure. the upcurling of the leaf is most likely from heat, shouldn't be a problem. Just listen to your plants my friend, if they are healthy, then great. Your best bet is to up the nutes just a little every few days untul the tips of the leaves burn just the slightest, I mean tiny bit, thats when you can back off the nutes. That is if you want to push her to her limits. Hope this helps.

B

BavarianFarmer

im at 800ppm last week of veg, and i max out around 1200-1600 depending on the strain. so you will certainly need to get up to the 1000 mark soon. give it a week at 800 then gradually go up thoughout veg

hit her hard with P & K at the last 2-3 weeks before flush and the buds will fatten up nicely for you

good luck buddy

and for EC or PPM, its all the same. EC is always the same reading, PPM is all over the place but usually .5 or .7 conversion ratio.

Thanks man! I'm already into flower... But since yesterday morning, I've raised up to 750ppm so far. I'll keep raising it for the next few days.

Hey, i had the same problems with mine. I am almost certain that it's Cal Mag, are you using ro'd water? If so, then thats it for sure. the upcurling of the leaf is most likely from heat, shouldn't be a problem. Just listen to your plants my friend, if they are healthy, then great. Your best bet is to up the nutes just a little every few days untul the tips of the leaves burn just the slightest, I mean tiny bit, thats when you can back off the nutes. That is if you want to push her to her limits. Hope this helps.

I'm using just tap water that comes out of the faucet at like 10ppm. I dont have any cal mag. I should get some I guess? Thanks a lot!

Bavarian Farmer

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Bavarian,
have you calibrated your ppm meter recently? Not to question you, but I have never heard of 10ppm tap water. RO water is in that range. A lot of people's tap runs from the 100 range to upwards of 400 for some. I am not sure if you have a magnesium deficiency there. I would agree though, if the ppm's are reading right, I would say that you are under feeding. Also, make sure that it is not some kind of bug problem. You always want to look closely at the leaves (tops and undersides) for tiny critters. Hope this helps,

-TF

B

BavarianFarmer

Bavarian,
have you calibrated your ppm meter recently? Not to question you, but I have never heard of 10ppm tap water. RO water is in that range. A lot of people's tap runs from the 100 range to upwards of 400 for some. I am not sure if you have a magnesium deficiency there. I would agree though, if the ppm's are reading right, I would say that you are under feeding. Also, make sure that it is not some kind of bug problem. You always want to look closely at the leaves (tops and undersides) for tiny critters. Hope this helps,

-TF

I have a combo meter and only the ph can be calibrated... I just measured my tap. It's actually 20ppm. The water is really clean here though too. I haven't seen any little critters, and it is only on a few leaves. It's stopped though since I've been raising the PPM the last couple days. Thanks for the help!

Bavarian Farmer

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
wow my tap is in the 150-160 range... That must be some clean water! Lucky you no RO needed if this is the case.

Cheers,
Crom

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

needs more nutes for sure. you should be at least around 700-800ppm

Growing dope is not about reading charts - it is about reading plants. Look at those leaves. Flirting with a N toxicity there. Not one, but plenty 'o nutes and N in that plant.

I see some RH/heat issues in the leaf tips though. I also see a 3 bladed leaf which ain't right and to me is a pH/nute issue.

Hey Original poster, talk a little more about what GH nutes, what pH you set the fresh res too, etc.

Mo info, mo help from da farmers.

B

BavarianFarmer

Growing dope is not about reading charts - it is about reading plants. Look at those leaves. Flirting with a N toxicity there. Not one, but plenty 'o nutes and N in that plant.

I see some RH/heat issues in the leaf tips though. I also see a 3 bladed leaf which ain't right and to me is a pH/nute issue.

Hey Original poster, talk a little more about what GH nutes, what pH you set the fresh res too, etc.

Mo info, mo help from da farmers.

Thanks for the Info!

The three bladed leaf is really old... it was one of the first leaves at the bottom of the plant so I cut it off since it had that light burn from a while ago. I have my ph usually floating around 6.0. nutes are now at 800ppm. I'm using the GH nutes also with floralicious bloom and koolbloom. She's looking a lot better now!
She's an autoflower at 58 days old and chugging along!
Bavarian Farmer

IMG 1037
IMG 1043
Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

I got a woody about that goddamn blue pH part. That thing has been around for years. I am pretty sure that it was somewhere around 2003 when the meathead that banned me from HC made that fuckin'. Full disclosure that I think St0ney to be a bit of a dink.

And his chart sucks. And the meathead was having Mg problems sometime around his chart making episode. Threw epsom salts in his res upon the advice of OzGrowa, (not my, or a lot of farmers advised way to deal with a Mg def.) a presto, a chart after his research on how to fix a Mg def.

Maybe my timeline is fuct up a bit, many, many bowls ago, but my beef with that chart that is a sticky here is that it can very easily fuck a grower up and cause a grower to create nute lockouts.

Look at the black and white chart. That is from a hydro book published by one 'o dem horticultrally edumacated type folks.

Take a look at how readily available most nutes are around 5.2 - 5.3

If you mix up a fresh res with GH 3 part at 3G - 2M - 1B, you get a pH of 5.2 - 5.3 GH has been making nutes for awhile, they have full control over the pH of their nutes. I don't think it a coincidence.

Tell us the steps you take making a fresh res. What nute do you put in first? Do you pH adjust it? What is it before you pH adjust if you do?

That kind of stuff can be helpful.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Yer ladies are looking good, btw. You should get some nice quality smoke out of that crop. Could be the light, but the still look a bit heavy on the N, which is why I was asking those questions in addition to the 6.0 pH.

j wizzle

j wizzle

. It's stopped though since I've been raising the PPM the last couple days. Thanks for the help!

Bavarian Farmer

500ppms is not high enough a few weeks into flower. the plants are yellowing because he doesnt have ENOUGH N...its not the other way around.

his PPMs were around 500, now he raised them to around 800 and the problems are going away....wonder why?

Take a look at how readily available most nutes are around 5.2 - 5.3

If you mix up a fresh res with GH 3 part at 3G - 2M - 1B, you get a pH of 5.2 - 5.3 GH has been making nutes for awhile, they have full control over the pH of their nutes. I don't think it a coincidence

also do the that same mix and see what your PPMs will be...it will be around 700-800... and youre posting a veg formula too...

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

500ppms is not high enough a few weeks into flower. the plants are yellowing because he doesnt have ENOUGH N...its not the other way around.

Other way around what? I don't recall saying he had too much. He didn't describe the plants as yellowing:

So my onyx plant is 3 weeks or so into flower and some of the leaves have now shown a few small brown spots

That ain't the description of a 'yellowing leaf' I find it funny you are saying that the plants are lacking N. Look at that leaf on the white paper. That is not what a plant short on N, especially in flowering, looks like.

his PPMs were around 500, now he raised them to around 800 and the problems are going away....wonder why?

Pretty easy to correct a deficiency that doesn't exist. My prefered method of doing that is twirling around three times in a cirlce while chanting, 'I hate rabbits'.

also do the that same mix and see what your PPMs will be...it will be around 700-800... and youre posting a veg formula too...

No shit. I was using it as an example. Further, it won't be around 700-800 ppm. Not even close meathead. Try pegging your meter at 2000 on a .7 conversion scale.

You're kind of a smartass for a guy that doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.

j wizzle

j wizzle

Thanks for the Info!

The three bladed leaf is really old... it was one of the first leaves at the bottom of the plant so I cut it off since it had that light burn from a while ago. I have my ph usually floating around 6.0. nutes are now at 800ppm. I'm using the GH nutes also with floralicious bloom and koolbloom. She's looking a lot better now!
She's an autoflower at 58 days old and chugging along!
Bavarian Farmer

Yer ladies are looking good, btw. You should get some nice quality smoke out of that crop. Could be the light, but the still look a bit heavy on the N, which is why I was asking those questions in addition to the 6.0 pH.

why are the leaves yellowing this early then? he cut out nutes early, now they are yellowing...you can SEE it in the pics, he doesnt have to tell me when i can see it myself

i use the exact same formula, had the exact same problem before, but i dont have it anymore....because i cut out the N too early in flower

Other way around what? I don't recall saying he had too much. He didn't describe the plants as yellowing
That ain't the description of a 'yellowing leaf' I find it funny you are saying that the plants are lacking N. Look at that leaf on the white paper. That is not what a plant short on N, especially in flowering, looks like.

just look at the pic, obviously the leaves are yellowing a tad early...

No shit. I was using it as an example. Further, it won't be around 700-800 ppm. Not even close meathead. Try pegging your meter at 2000 on a .7 conversion scale

you sure your meter is correct there too??? its not close to 2000 ppms on a .7 conversion.

i just did a gallon just to know 100% sure, its 1200 with a veg formula 3g-2m-1b. i run full GH 3 part with cal mag and i dont go over 1600 ever.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

you sure your meter is correct there too??? its not close to 2000 ppms on a .7 conversion.

Umm yea, I'm sure. Would you like for me to check again how close to 2 g's ppm 15mLG/10mLM/5mLB is on my Oakton meter or my Hanna? Let me go grab my 6 ga jugs and a few hundred gallon res and mix it up.

Yea I'm sure, 'cause that is what my meters tell me everytime. It doesn't take much over pouring on that 15/10/5 to peg the meter and go over 2000.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

You sure you ain't rollin' with a .5 meter? 'Cause on a .5, that is about the measurement I would expect.

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/calorama.htm

How but these guys that ran a little test a few moons ago. They get the same results as me on a .7 - go fuggin' figure. Little math, might be tough for ya. Times the grow value by 3, the micro by 2 and add those to the bloom. What the fuck do ya know, 1900ppm just like I am saying.

Knucklehead.

Read the rest of that site too, there is some valuable info.

Told ya I make ya look silly if you want to keep this up, son.

Top Bottom