Very uneven trichomes across plant

• Thread starter farmboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
farmboy

farmboy

Hi guys, how is it that trichomes on top of my buds are like 60% amber on calyx, but looking just a little bit down, and i dont mean popcorn buds on bottom of the plant, just few cm lower, they are all cloudy and some clear, no amber and like 60 percent white hairs . Also buds on top lost their stickiness and they have a lot less smell, and a bit lower are especially in shadow under leaves they are more much frosty, they always were a lot more smelly and frosty at all stages. Had this result previous grows also, what i changed this time is i raised the lights and dimmed them, and temps are not high due winter, and still same result. Cobs are at 450 watts in 5X5 tent and about 70 cm or more from canopy. Temps are 23 Celsius average. Shouldn't be buds on light more frosty, they never are at any stage in my case. Its like something odd is with lights, like plants dont like them at all, i have Vero 29C 5 pieces. And i dont touch my buds unnecessarily. This is strange to me or is it normal? Thanks

RowJimmyRow

RowJimmyRow

Because heat and light degrade the oils in the gland. closer to the light, faster the maturation or "senescing"
of the tric.

farmboy

farmboy

Because heat and light degrade the oils in the gland. closer to the light, faster the maturation or "senescing"
of the tric.
So all growers get low quality upper buds? I suspected temps so i lowered temps and intensity. I must add that i get this earlier on, its shouldn't be due maturity even without amber on some plants, top buds never look like lower ones.

RowJimmyRow

RowJimmyRow

I'm not at all saying lower quality buds. I'm only oointing out the degradation happens at different rates.

I'm sure some strains finish differently then others. I've always taken the uppers first and come back for the lower plant a week or so later. That's pretty normal.

Top Bottom