Vets for Vets co-op in SoCal. Interested?

• Thread starter 420Meds4Vets
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WarDogOG

WarDogOG

420meds, are we doing lunch today? I will check my email around 11.

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
I thought this might be of interest to all of you Vets between the ages of 35-60. They gave you guys a lil more money if you are unemployed, and have an other than dishonorable discharge! Check it out:

Congress passed, and the President has signed into law, the VOW to Hire Heroes Act of 2011. Included in this new law is the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP). VRAP offers up to 12 months of training assistance to unemployed Veterans.
The VRAP offers 12 months of training assistance to Veterans who:
  • Are at least 35 but no more than 60 years old
  • Are unemployed on the date of application
  • Received an other than dishonorable discharge
  • Are not be eligible for any other VA education benefit program (e.g.: the Post-9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Assistance)
  • Are not in receipt of VA compensation due to unemployability
  • Are not enrolled in a federal or state job training program
The program is limited to 45,000 participants from July 1, 2012, through September 30, 2012, and 54,000 participants from October 1, 2012, through March 31, 2014. Participants must attend full-time in order to receive up to 12 months of assistance equal to the monthly full-time payment rate under the Montgomery GI Bill–Active Duty program (currently $1,473 per month). DOL will offer employment assistance to every Veteran who participates upon completion of the program.
Participants must be enrolled in a VA approved program of education offered by a community college or technical school. The program must lead to an Associate Degree, Non-College Degree, or a Certificate, and train the Veteran for a high demand occupation.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I thought this might be of interest to all of you Vets between the ages of 35-60. They gave you guys a lil more money if you are unemployed, and have an other than dishonorable discharge! Check it out:

Congress passed, and the President has signed into law, the VOW to Hire Heroes Act of 2011. Included in this new law is the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP). VRAP offers up to 12 months of training assistance to unemployed Veterans.
The VRAP offers 12 months of training assistance to Veterans who:
  • Are at least 35 but no more than 60 years old
  • Are unemployed on the date of application
  • Received an other than dishonorable discharge
  • Are not be eligible for any other VA education benefit program (e.g.: the Post-9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Assistance)
  • Are not in receipt of VA compensation due to unemployability
  • Are not enrolled in a federal or state job training program
The program is limited to 45,000 participants from July 1, 2012, through September 30, 2012, and 54,000 participants from October 1, 2012, through March 31, 2014. Participants must attend full-time in order to receive up to 12 months of assistance equal to the monthly full-time payment rate under the Montgomery GI Bill–Active Duty program (currently $1,473 per month). DOL will offer employment assistance to every Veteran who participates upon completion of the program.

Participants must be enrolled in a VA approved program of education offered by a community college or technical school. The program must lead to an Associate Degree, Non-College Degree, or a Certificate, and train the Veteran for a high demand occupation.
Hi my names Marie and I wanted to thank you for recomending VRAP. My husband CM4.20 told me to check it ou and now I am the 45,000th eligible veteran and I will put it to great use. Thanks again!

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
Hi my names Marie and I wanted to thank you for recomending VRAP. My husband CM4.20 told me to check it ou and now I am the 45,000th eligible veteran and I will put it to great use. Thanks again!
I'm glad I was able to help someone who really deserves it, when you served our country. Thank you ! Just make sure your man is able to stay medicated. Take care you two lovebirds....

chazbolin

chazbolin

The best documentary I've ever watched that explores the known medicinal benefits of marijuana while addressing it's use in a historical, political and legal context. Well worth a complete watch.

I thought of this forum at 32 minutes in where an MD discusses how the Israeli and Croatian governments currently prescribe medical cannabis for the specific treatment of PTSD for their soldiers returning from combat operations.

http://marijuanamovie.org/full-documentary/

The science is there to support our vets in treating their PTSD with MMJ and this is information should not be suppressed or delegitimatized by those with alternative agendas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom