Vh's "back In The Game" Grow

• Thread starter V H
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

V H

I am going to go ahead and start a thread here and detail what I am planning on doing. Then I will start updating this as things get rolling and my grow gets it's legs under it.

Just some quick history, I have a few grows under my belt (all indoor in soil). Most of the time I was doing 2-4 plants under a 600W MH/HPS light. This time around I going with the "go big or go home" mentality. I will be shooting for 16 plants running under two 1000W MH/HPS lights. I will be doing soil again and the plants will be in 5 gal buckets because I find it is easier to move them around as needed. I plan on using a passive air intake and a 6in duct with fan and carbon filter exhaust. The strains I am going to try out for this grow are as follows (all feminized seeds):

Purple Kush
Purple Haze
Purple Wreck
Early Vixen
and 1 old Blue Widow (if the single seed I have pops)

The wreck, haze, and widow were all left over seeds I had tucked away from my last grow. I never got to see that one finish as the gf I had at the time and I decided to mutually split up and due to my living situation I couldn't take the stuff with me, so she finished them out.

I probably will not be going completely organic, so any suggestions of nutes would be greatly appreciated (my other grows I was using miracle grow soil and not much in the way of additional nutes, just to get the process down). Also if anyone has any personal experience with these particular strains I am open to any advice that might be given. I know it is possible but, not sure of the likelihood, I am aiming to have a harvest in the range of 4-8lbs. I figure that is shooting for a yield of 1/4-1/2 lb per plant and does not seem too unrealistic with the setup I am running. I won't be able to completely seal this room so I am thinking for the time being that CO2 is off the table (but I may try it in the future). One of my biggest worries is that I am far enough up north that with my intake and exhaust leading outside that my temps might drop too far during my lights off time periods, so I may end up having to address that with a small heater for the lights out times. The other is that I am concerned with what my temps will hit when the lights are on. The lights I have are the fairly simple exposed bulbs with a batwing reflector over them.

Oh and this is not a plan for faaaar in the future, seeds will be starting their process for germination tonight :)

Happy growing to you all

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

Welcome to the Farm,, Hi VH I'm glad you started your grow journal with us..

Peace and best 'o luck

V

V H

I actually started on here because I found DrFever here and I got a lot of solid info from him on the now defunct website I used to do my journals on

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

I actually started on here because I found DrFever here and I got a lot of solid info from him on the now defunct website I used to do my journals on

I'm glad he could help you grow,, I believe he got banned here for using someone else's pictures..

Peace

V

V H

Lol that would probably explain why he quit answering my private messages to him lol

V

V H

I have a question I am hoping someone can answer. While I understand that predicting potential yield is nearly impossible because of all the variables involved, I often see people saying to expect .5 grams per watt. My question is this: Is that just a straight up average meaning if I have 2000W of lights that no matter if I have 5 plants or 100 I should still expect that same rate? Or is it more along the lines of .5 grams per watt per plant, which to me would seem to work out to be a number that is impossibly high (since with what I am doing that would work out to something like 16,000 grams, which I KNOW is not possible)? I guess I am just trying to understand the rough formula.

V

V H

And so we begin with my first picture of things. These are the Purple Kush and Early Vixen seeds already sprouting a taproot after about 36hrs in a damp paper towel. I am stoked because it seems I will be having a nearly 100% germination rate (the seeds that are not showing roots here have started to crack overnight since this picture was taken last night)
:)
1202152028a

V

V H

First picture of my girls sprouting. The Blue Widow seed never popped, but I am still happy with a germ rate of 18 out of 19 seeds (with 4 of those being about 3-4yr old seeds)

V

V H

I am kind of bummed that the Blue Widow didn't make it, but I still have plenty to play with on this grow. Looks like my starting plants will be as follows:
7 Early Vixen from CropKing Seeds
7 Purple Kush from CropKing Seeds
2 Purple Haze from G13 Labs
2 Purple Wreck from Reserva Privada

So if anyone has grown any of these strains before I would greatly appreciate any info or tips you would like to pass along

happy growing to all of you :)

V

V H

So today I noticed the first thing that is interesting on this grow that never happened on the previous three grows I have done. One of my babies has three cotys and 3 leaves at the first node instead of the normal 2. Here is a picture, I am guessing it is probably just something unique to that phenotype, or maybe I already have a crazy mutant on my hands lol. Anyway enjoy the pic

V

V H

Just wanted to add a quick update. I haven't posted many pics yet because making my grow room took a LOT more work than I initially anticipated. However once I wire up one more 20 amp circuit breaker this afternoon I will be able to get the girls into their final homes and relaxing under 2000W of light :)

Top Bottom