Views on Growing with Fluorescent

• Thread starter samwiseganga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

samwiseganga

9 months ago i had 3 seeds. Today fate has left me with 1 3 foot tall bundle of joy. this is my first grow ever and have used 3x 24" 17watt input-75 watt output on the walls of a 2'x3' area, with 3 60watt cf bulbs hanging above.
The plant has been vegging for long enough and i am left with 2 choices:

1. wait tiil the weather warms up and go outdoor, hoping the transition will not kill it in the process. (i live in napa county, california)

2.Bud indoor using only fluorescent light risking less yield, and complete quicker.

so what is peoples past experience with buding under only fluorescent lighting? i understand that it will produce less but what is the degree to which i will be forfiting? I am Adamant on budding this plant soon...is it going to send me into a rage? or could i still be pleased with the outcome? im not looking for the best just pretty good.

P

paulycali

I would take a bunch of clones off her. After that of course root them and then flower them out immediately. Take what we call the mother plant the one you took the clones from and put her outside when the season is ready. Or keep her around and take clones from her forever

S

samwiseganga

i thought about that, its still a possibility for me but id rather not. but that is why i posted my question. so that i could make a decision.

lazarus718

lazarus718

I would take a bunch of clones off her. After that of course root them and then flower them out immediately. Take what we call the mother plant the one you took the clones from and put her outside when the season is ready. Or keep her around and take clones from her forever

Good call bro. Best of both worlds, + rep

St3ve

St3ve

+1

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Since you're going to need to do some canopy control on the lady anyway you're going to need to clean her up, perfect time for taking cuts. Take the cuttings from the lower sites (aka shaving her legs, or as I call it, going Brazilian) a week after depriving her of nitrogen (yes, make her HUNGRY). Then, give her a good feed again and flip her, being sure that the bulbs you use are of an appropriate color temperature. 2700K-3000K is fantastic for flowering, and if you can, pack in some more bulbs (or switch them out for lower wattage HPS, say 175W-250W, flower using that + the side lights). I've got a friend who grows exclusively using fluoros and her buds are nice and tight, good trich coverage, and plenty smokeable.

S

samwiseganga

Thanks everyone. Took a couple cuttings today, hope they live on. probly gonna take some more and then bud the main plant. thing is i dont know what strain it is, however im sure its a sativa dominant. I wanted to just give it a try n gain more experience so ima take risks with this plant.

Anyway thanks again to everyone who posted. stay high my freinds.

S

saner1r

I used a t-5 4 bay once just to try it and got some great smoke although the yield sucked. If you are going to use the meds your self and are not trying to become a rich man them go for the CFL's.

I

innercityphunk

I have used floresent lights along with hid's with great results.

u can see in my profile pic I also used them during flower. it really helped penetrate the center and lower sites. I had a 8 light t5 on all sides of my room.

Latest posts

Top Bottom