Vikings

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I won't argue they were prone and conditioned / born into violence, But as you pointed out 1 bad experience was enough for your husband as its usually enough for most people, shrooms are life changing regardless of who you are where you were born or what time period, shrooms don't know that information, they just know change..

Perhaps history lost something in translation and it was not the magical fruit psilocybin, but it was the far distant cousin the amanita muscaria :D

That mushroom in doses of 10 grams dry or less will produce nothing much more then an intoxicating drunk like feeling which could compliment battle REALLY well, where as the magical ones can causes debilitating anxity, the other will infact give you courage :D

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I never experienced anxiety on mushrooms. What I didn't like about them was the flavor (ACK!), and the high just wasn't anywhere nearly as intense as I wanted. Acid gave me that intense, psychedelic, mind-blowing/rushing high. I remember reading sometime ago about how reindeer eat the mushrooms, then go frolicking off and it is supposed that this may have been the origin on Santa's magic reindeer. Also, note that a prominent Christmas color combination is red & white.
But as you pointed out 1 bad experience was enough for your husband as its usually enough for most people,
The issue has more to do with his societal conditioning than anything else. We become inured to many things, quite easily given enough time. For example, right this moment, how hard are you thinking about someone starving to death, despite its prevalence in the world? How concerned are you with homeless people? We see them every day, every where, we become inured. And so it easily is with violence.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

"Berserkers (or berserks) were Norse warriors who are primarily reported in the Old Norse literature to have fought in a nearly uncontrollable, trance-like fury, a characteristic which later gave rise to the English word berserk. Berserkers are attested to in numerous Old Norse sources. It has been suggested they consumed hallucinogens before battle, particularly the mushroomamanita muscaria.[1][2][3]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserker

That would describe me when I almost killed that guy. Never again.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I never experienced anxiety on mushrooms. What I didn't like about them was the flavor (ACK!), and the high just wasn't anywhere nearly as intense as I wanted. Acid gave me that intense, psychedelic, mind-blowing/rushing high. I remember reading sometime ago about how reindeer eat the mushrooms, then go frolicking off and it is supposed that this may have been the origin on Santa's magic reindeer. Also, note that a prominent Christmas color combination is red & white.

The issue has more to do with his societal conditioning than anything else. We become inured to many things, quite easily given enough time. For example, right this moment, how hard are you thinking about someone starving to death, despite its prevalence in the world? How concerned are you with homeless people? We see them every day, every where, we become inured. And so it easily is with violence.

ROFL yeah the taste, Its like eating little tiny rubber dicks ( or at least what i would think as a man dick would taste like )

Really not as intense? Perhaps my underlying anxiety issues always made them seem more intense then it was or my dose was high for my weight.. shrugs everyones different i'll give ya that :D And yeah Reindeer are known to eat the amanita's

Right this moment now that you said something those starving commercials that beg me to pay X $ a month just came to mind :p (smart ass i know ;)

However in general not at all unless those damn commercials come on then i feel guilty for smoking pot and not feeding starving kids for a few mins.. then i forget about it when my show comes back on..

Sure if im not under the influence of a psychedelic its pretty easy to brush things off and not think about them, however constant use of magic mushrooms will FORCE your ass to look at alot of shit you don't want to look at..

That and who's going to be able to trip balls seeing colors and random shit then go slice someones head off with any discernible accuracy ;)

And kudo's to the guy who copied the wiki article :D Just makes more sense it would be amanita's

Also.. Being scandinavia *Sp* The climate would be better suited to amanitas then anything else, Pehaps liberty caps but i dunno.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

The word "assassin" comes from "Hashishin"
Hashishin means "user of hash"
Them guys were smoking/eating hash and then killing, robbing, general mayhem, etc...
There is a long history of drug use and violence, just depends on where you started and where you want to go

I wouldn't be surprised at all by Vikings/Scandinavian using mushrroms

I have experienced an "angry" trip or two in my time

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

ragnar's been spitting up blood for days now. he's a goner. either his son or largetha will take over (hopefully largetha, she is a beast, in a good way, and I think a better leader than his son).

plus ragnar been seeing omens in his dreams. not sure what they mean, but..... im sure its not good. and the new preist they captured, might just be the new athlestein for ragnar if he is to survive his battle wounds.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Bjorn is going to lead, he started doing it when Ragnar gave Floki authority and he fucked it up SO royally (I really don't like Floki), he did it when the French came with the prisoner/translator, he's ready to lead.

Ragnar knows he's dying. They're going to kill the Christian, he's nothing like Athelstan and the princess isn't ready to let her gods go just yet. She has the sight and fully believes it is because of the gods.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Ragnar is going to die. He must.

"The guy" is the one whose story I relayed to you. He's mah hubstah!

ROFL Really all this time and forgive me but i thought that seaslug guy was your husband ROFL!!! 2 Sea's in a pod? :p

Right on tho ;)

Ragnar is not going to die, your on mushrooms :p No seriously tho he cant die... I dont think i'll like the show anymore if he does.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

ROFL Really all this time and forgive me but i thought that seaslug guy was your husband ROFL!!! 2 Sea's in a pod? :p

Right on tho ;)

Ragnar is not going to die, your on mushrooms :p No seriously tho he cant die... I dont think i'll like the show anymore if he does.

Nope...I'm her guy, but we do share a common interest in aquaria (that's how we met). As for "Vikings"...@Seamaiden first began watching it and I then became interested. This show, at least to me, is so much more than just a series about vikings as it is more a "period piece" to me. To be sure, Norse culture (and characters) is at the heart of the show, but it paints a portrait of the first "clashes" of religious culture as these societies begin to explore and emigrate. The character development of Ragnar and Athelstan intrigued me as their friendship developed. These are two strong characters that had the ability to take interest in the differences of other beliefs and not outright condemn them.

I loved the Ragnar's retort when the French priest said that if Ragnar is baptized, he will go to Hell and his quick retort of "That is not for you to decide." was awesome.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Right on tho ;)

Ragnar is going to die. Don't forget, he's begat two sons who also made their places in history. Sigurd Snake in the Eye, and Ivar the Boneless are both mentioned in sagas and the histories. I betcha there are Wikis on 'em, brb!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Latest posts

Top Bottom