Vinegar foam? Confused AF... any help šŸ™

• Thread starter Pisano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pisano

Pisano

In an effort to clean up my irrigation system (had some build up on some of my tubes), last night I put some vinegar in my tank with my pump and had it circulate for a bit. Stopped circulating and left it overnight. This morning I rinsed... and rinsed and rinsed and I couldnā€™t seem to get rid of all the foam. I was rinsing to waste so itā€™s not as if it was still circulating. Tank was throughly rinsed with no foam when just adding water but when i would start the external pump to recirculate through the general tubes (not to my drippers/plant) there would be foam again. It seemed to foam up more when I would stop pumping for a while and restart... Iā€™m friggin confused at how there could still be foam. I feel like I must have rinsed hundreds of gallons (wife is gonna kill me)... still some foam. I canā€™t speak enough to how much I rinsed and recirculated everything through... still some foam. Anyone have any experience with this? Should I be ok still to feed at this point??

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It could literally be eating parts of your system that have deteriorated over time.
Add some base.

Pisano

Pisano

@ComfortablyNumb External irrigation pump, PVC, some plastic tubing.. I have a valve I put in so I can close the system off to the room so I can just recirculate the system itself.

@GanjaFarmer24 No res, I use drippers that drain to waste

Pisano

Pisano

Just curious when you mean eating pets of the system @ComfortablyNumb what do you mean.. like the pump or the bacteria in it?

If I flushed a whole bunch of water through it multiple times, Help me understand how adding a base would help? (Sincerely). When I add water the PH is the same as before the clean so itā€™s not like the water is acidic now either.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Put some GH pH UP in it. You have to stop the acid from being active so it will wash clean.
It's still acid, just watered down.

Anthem

Anthem

Put some GH pH UP in it. You have to stop the acid from being active so it will wash clean.
It's still acid, just watered down.
Once again giving more bad advise. Vinegar is attracted to water molecules and forms a bond thru hydrophilic

Top Bottom