vinegar for ph down

• Thread starter bmvortex81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bmvortex81

bmvortex81

sorry bout that post im on damn nook and fightin with it the reason i was tryin to drop it so lowcause of how much it came up and sure enough it did 4.8 to 6.1 overnight its rediculous so i changed res again plain ol well water thats it with ph of 7.9 and ppm of 535 plants r 4 weeks old look like 3 look like shit man will post pics when lights come back on got them on 18-6 cycle wanna switch to 12-12 but dunno what yall think?

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

alright heres some pics of my poor lookin plants whats ur advice i been thinkin bout pullin them from the dwc and transplanting them in coco and soil mix i can at least grow em in that ffs

DSCN1148
DSCN1149
DSCN1150
DSCN1151
J

Jalisco Kid

Try dropping it down to 4.0, see how far it bounces back in 24hrs. Hopefully that's low enough that the bounce doesn't go any higher than 6.2-6.5 or so.

Dropping it down to 4pH should be done in a passive rez, Roots don't like it plus nutes will lock up some. I spend 42 bucks It lasts a long time
PHOSPHORIC ACID REAGENT ACS 85% 1GAL $42.00
JK

TALLDOG

TALLDOG

I'm on well water as well, used AN's pH down until I started using bennies, now using Earth Juice pH down. It's granular but organic. My pump is down 300' and comes out 6.0-6.2 in summer and higher in fall/winter. I noticed I have to check pH before each watering (if I leave a full res) because if left untouched will raise all the way up to 7.5.

-Lemon juice is OK, but contains sugar as well...Sometimes I don't want that additional sugar.
-I've found only the Hi-Brixx molasses is acidic and I don't use that anymore because of it's negative effects on my tea.

I would never use vinegar as well-water is too finicky, play it safe and grab some organic pH down like Earth Juice.

I am a mere amateur and am prone to f*cking up....
Here are a couple of photos of what I noticed today?

With an explanation:
I adjust PH every other day and sometimes every day.
Today I was adjusting again...
Had refilled reservoir yesterday morning with 5.7 ph (37 liters reservoir). This morning it was reading 7.5.
Adjusted my normal way (5.8 with GH PH Down (Granules))... but because of the discoloration on the leaves.... (see photo) ... after adjusting I checked the water at the roots of these plants... (on the other side of the reservoir).. and found it to be over 7.1ph. Wondering if this PH imbalance could be causing the leaf colors you see on the photos... With that said... overall they look healthy and I'm 14 days into the flower... and I have lift off....
Started out with 18 viable beans, culled 6 due to slow growth and culled 6 more males... still have 6 good looking (overall) specimens. ..
Your thoughts?
Aug 21 13 001
Aug 21 13 002
Aug 21 13 003
Aug 21 13 004

J

Jalisco Kid

And for those wanting to use battery acid you need to think about the additives like cadium sulfate and other chems to make the plates last longer. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

I am the worst at diagnoses with pics but That looks like if you sprayed that plant with some mag, kelp, K/w some fulvic it would look prettier the next day. I would take this suggestion lightly, maybe spray a branch only.Not that will cure your pH drift. Suerte JK

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

see i think my problem is the 3 X 2 tiny ass grow box im in and i got 11 21 watt cfls running in it sealed off didnt think it be a problem since cfls are low heat, started out with 3 at first when i added the extra 8 is when all this shit started happening, but i injunction changed the res, so being the first time grower here im thinkin o shit my res is off or ph is off orr ppm is to high ya know im thinking i did this or that wrong and im tryin to corect everything and i cant do that all at once and its a timley process to change one thing and see if it works and now here we are a week and half later lost 4 plants due to this prob and others still aint getting better, and the only thing i havnt changed is opening the box and trying to get the heat out of there cause it gets up to like 84 when lights are on at like 8 hrs to the ful 18 before the shut off for the 6 hrs so here all along that might have been my prob and was just to worried about everything else that it didnt even cross my mind ya know? i only got 4 left to try and keep alive they still have new leaves growing on them so if i can just figure out what the hell is going on, im getting a 76X76X76 mylar grow tent in like a week or so, so they will have a bigger home :D which i think will help emensly i cant think of what else to do.....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IME 84*F won't do that kind of damage. However, I don't grow using your methods, so I can't say for sure.
alright heres some pics of my poor lookin plants whats ur advice i been thinkin bout pullin them from the dwc and transplanting them in coco and soil mix i can at least grow em in that ffs
Oooohhhh.... First, kudos for having the nerve to post those up. Second, I'm not sure I can be encouraging about those plants, they look mostly dead, or at death's door.
Dropping it down to 4pH should be done in a passive rez, Roots don't like it plus nutes will lock up some. I spend 42 bucks It lasts a long time
PHOSPHORIC ACID REAGENT ACS 85% 1GAL $42.00
JK
Ah, I only ever mix things up separately and then use them. Old aquarium habits die hard. The idea of simply adding pH adjusters directly to the living system is akin to dumping salt in the tank and trying to figure out specific gravity from there to me. You make a good point, especially if there are folks who add nutrients, etc, to a res that's still being actively used.

However, dropping pH of the water down to 4 and then waiting to see how far it bounces up isn't going to kill or stress, unless you force the plant/organism in question to experience that bounce. Nor will it typically force anything to precipitate if the pH adjusting is being done first, especially with vinegar.

Top Bottom