Vinegar mishap! Help! Not sure if they'll recover!?

• Thread starter ViolettaLiz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

ViolettaLiz

Help! My plants were growing well and into early flowering. I was busy yesterday upstairs and my husband said the plants in the tent needed water. I said I'd get to them later they would be fine. He came down unbeknownst to me and attempted to water them but he watered them with vinegar. He said it was only a little bit but he thought it was water. So I flushed them last evening with maybe 8 gallons of water and then I put them in the tent for the night and this morning they look terrible. I just flushed them with some nutrients and I'm getting ready to do another water flush is there anything else I can do?

V

ViolettaLiz

I do have a basic monitor thing with ph, water, & light. I haven't checked it yet.

Not sure how to adjust the ph either.??

S

storz

all you can do is what you did. Now its a waiting game. If it was a little vinegar, they should recover. The $64K question is how much vinegar did they get?

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

I do have a basic monitor thing with ph, water, & light. I haven't checked it yet.

Not sure how to adjust the ph either.?

Howdy what substrate are you in?? If its soil AG lime or Domilite lime depending on your CA & MG and how fast you need a change

Walsonite works to but its slower for up and for down sulfur in soil and to ph water no nuits water only its baking soda for up and citric acid for down ✌️

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I wouldn't flush them too much. It might cause even more problems. I'd consider adding an amendment that raises pH, like dolomite lime. I think I'd want to know the pH of the soil or runoff water first, though.

What kind of nutrients are you using?

V

ViolettaLiz

I have them in Fox Farm, just the regular brown bag. I have been using 2 if their fertilizers, the one for all throughout growing and the flowering one with the nitrogen mix. . If the monitor thing is accurate, it's around 8. It's very basic and idk how well it works. Idk why my text is bold now??

V

ViolettaLiz

all you can do is what you did. Now its a waiting game. If it was a little vinegar, they should recover. The $64K question is how much vinegar did they get?
I'm not 100% sure since I didn't do it. He said he gave each a good slug. I hope they recover! They Were looking so nice.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Id flush 10% run off 10 gallons of soil 1 gallon run off with ph'd water and then let dry and then feed reg if they look sickly but that's me

V

ViolettaLiz

Someone else suggested not telling the lights go out Like normal for flowering to help them recover.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

How would doing anything with the light help? Its a soil condition! Well ok🤔🤔🤔 but i think if they look bad flush if they look ok roll with it Hope that helps ✌️

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
If the monitor thing is accurate, it's around 8. It's very basic and idk how well it works. Idk why my text is bold now??
Wait! What? Are you saying the pH is around 8?

Vinegar is very acidic (about 2-3 pH), so it should push the pH lower, not higher. Apparently, you're using synthetic nutrients, so you'd want a pH about 6.

V

ViolettaLiz

How would doing anything with the light help? Its a soil condition! Well ok🤔🤔🤔 but i think if they look bad flush if they look ok roll with it Hope that helps ✌️
Yeah, idk why, he didn't say. Oddly enough he suggested it to My mother for me since he grows also when she told him what had happened

V

ViolettaLiz

I forgot to say, vinegar is a natural weed killer by the Way in large amounts so........ you might know that already ✌️
Yes, I use it to clean and kill things. I clean the room with it and that's why it was sitting outside the tent.

V

ViolettaLiz

Wait! What? Are you saying the pH is around 8?

Vinegar is very acidic (about 2-3 pH), so it should push the pH lower, not higher. Apparently, you're using synthetic nutrients, so you'd want a pH about 6.
Yes, I thought it seemed too high also, especially after vinegar. That is why I don't know if it's accurate? It was for regular houseplants and I barely used it.

The fox farms seemed easy for a beginner to cannabis growing.

Top Bottom