Vinyl Flooring, For Cement Floors!

• Thread starter straincreation
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
straincreation

straincreation

Anyone know of a good spot in so cal to get some vinyl flooring, and or a website that sells a decent vinyl, I was gonna just lay down some panda paper, and seal the ends but that shit is gonna have to get replaced every time I turn the room!!

I have cement floors, and they absorb any little bit of runoff, and evaporates to bring my room up to we'll over 75%humidity, now I could run VPD but I'm having heating issues, ya I know weird in cali, but it's true lol.so if anyone has any ideas on what to coat my floors with to eliminate that please give me a holla. Thanks
Happy farmin

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

Well the most cost effective remedy would be , Buy some Floor Epoxy paint or a good oil based floor paint and a 18 inch roller along with a throw away paint roller pan and roll that shit out and let it all cure up and yer good ta go . If ya got the time I would do 2 coats , Just read the label times on the can for the in-between coats application time and you should be good fer decades . Good Luck

straincreation

straincreation

Rhino line that shit lol
Yo i didnt even think of that, I heard of that stuff it should work great but it's black which honestly I don't mind, plus it will have a lil grip ha, how is the off gassing of this product? Thanks BTW
Happy farmin

Home D has a 1 part epoxy garage floor paint for about 30 a gallon,2 coats and done.Use the white color and don't put the chips they give you in the kit on top,throw them away,they make it a bitch to sweep up dirt.

Thanks, that was my plan either a vinyl flooring or a coat of apoxy just concerned about the off gazing during the dry, I mean I don't have any plants in there yet but there ready to go in just wanted to get them in ASAP, either way I'll be doing one of these options!
Thanks again guys!

R

rascali

Properly mixed epoxy coating will have less off-gassing after drying than vinyl flooring. If the concrete is in decent condition, epoxy would be your best bet. Hard coat, slip-resistant and it shrugs off heat and chemical treatments that would degrade most vinyls...

iKharon

iKharon

I think I'd give this a shot... would be fast and you wouldn't have to worry about black.. get blue if you want lol. I'm sure you can just get a light gray and be good to go

IMG 0520
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Properly mixed epoxy coating will have less off-gassing after drying than vinyl flooring. If the concrete is in decent condition, epoxy would be your best bet. Hard coat, slip-resistant and it shrugs off heat and chemical treatments that would degrade most vinyls...
The depot and the low store sells chips and slip resistant sand additive to make it shiny or make it hurt worse when you fall on it.

icanfarm

icanfarm

Nice. That's looks great! I wanted to do my shop floor but wasn't sure how the DIY stuff would hold up read mixed reviews....Got quoted 4K for a pro job lol
It wasn't hard and it's holding up great with the construction traffic just have to sweep it real well it comes with the etching Chemical but I didn't use it as I'm going Chem free in the rooms the two gall kits are like a 100$ and I needed a single gallon kit also for 24x20' room and a 11x24' room we added the no slip sand and so far no more humidity spikes although it's not growing yet but we have had a lot of rain I sealed the wood to the floor also

Freshone

Freshone

I coated mine in the bloom room and veg 180$
Those little chips catch dirt and make it very hard to get you floor swept or mopped up!I used that exact 2 part kit at first(without chips,been there done that)but it was gray and was stealing my light so I went over it with the cheaper 1 part epoxy in white in flower rooms and I like it much better.
One last thought,your floor covering will not make any difference in humidity,it's an effect of the water evaporating into the air.While unsealed concrete will absorb a little moisture it will give it back off as it dries.Even if no water ever hits the floor you will have the exact same humidity.X amount of water in the room will equal X amount evaping into the air raising humidity whether it's on the floor,in your medium etc etc.If you have ever run a good commercial dehuey you will see you get very close to the amount you water back in dehuey return minus what the plants use.

Last edited:
icanfarm

icanfarm

Those little chips catch dirt and make it very hard to get you floor swept or mopped up!I used that exact 2 part kit at first(without chips,been there done that)but it was gray and was stealing my light so I went over it with the cheaper 1 part epoxy in white in flower rooms and I like it much better.
One last thought,your floor covering will not make any difference in humidity,it's an effect of the water evaporating into the air.While unsealed concrete will absorb a little moisture it will give it back off as it dries.Even if no water ever hits the floor you will have the exact same humidity.X amount of water in the room will equal X amount evaping into the air raising humidity whether it's on the floor,in your medium etc etc.If you have ever run a good commercial dehuey you will see you get very close to the amount you water back in dehuey return minus what the plants use.
Right on my floor was unsealed and I was having trouble with water seeping between the wall and floor due to it being an older farm building . As far as the color stealing light I'm not to worried almost the entire room will be planted no walk ways except on two walls I'm installing roll top green house tables . I unpiled the dirt along the out side walls sealed and caulked the floors no more wet concrete and no more seapage wish I had known about those chips though

Irietime

Irietime

If you do vinyl floors make sure you put down a good moisture barrier on the floor first and wrap it up the walls an inch or two. Then put in some coved vinyl base boards and seal it up
Where ever you buy the vinyl will have moisture barrier as well

Irietime

Irietime

Where ever you buy the vinyl will have moisture barrier as well
Sorry, you only need the moisture barrier if your are using vinyl planks. You can just glue down a roll of vinyl, but you would still want to cove it up on the walls three or four inches, like hospital rooms and bathrooms for better clean up

Latest posts

Top Bottom