Violet Flame

• Thread starter JK420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JK420

JK420

Put them into flower tonight. Along with the Violet Flames, I threw in a Blue Widow x LemonBerry in a 2 gallon bucket for my wife. They'll be getting a screen this week. Also throwing up a shot of my 2x4 enf table filled with White Lightening (week 6) from SoCal seeds for shits and grins. Not my best grow, but just wanted to give y'all an idea of what I have going on.

DSCN0442

DSCN0440

H

hawkman

Thanks for sharing!!!. Do you feel that SCROG gives you better yields that Low LST (minimum) ? thanks - thinking of SCROG - that's why I asked the question

JK420

JK420

Quick answer is yes.

SCROG does better for Sativa's and hybrids, as it gives you a more even canopy, than Indicas, but any support will increase your yields. The less energy the plant has to put into holding itself up, the more it can put into the buds. In my SCROG's I incorporate LST, topping and other training methods as well. The pictures I just threw up are, sadly, not in SCROG and you can see how they're leaning every which way. If I'd have put a screen up instead of just throwing a quick cycle in, I could have probably added an oz at least.

You don't have to have the screen up in veg, just put it in once they get flipped and weave the branches down as they stretch. I usually stop weaving about a week and a half after flip, so I have the last days of stretching to develop colas around 12 to 16''.

H

hawkman

Quick answer is yes.

SCROG does better for Sativa's and hybrids, as it gives you a more even canopy, than Indicas, but any support will increase your yields. The less energy the plant has to put into holding itself up, the more it can put into the buds. In my SCROG's I incorporate LST, topping and other training methods as well. The pictures I just threw up are, sadly, not in SCROG and you can see how they're leaning every which way. If I'd have put a screen up instead of just throwing a quick cycle in, I could have probably added an oz at least.

You don't have to have the screen up in veg, just put it in once they get flipped and weave the branches down as they stretch. I usually stop weaving about a week and a half after flip, so I have the last days of stretching to develop colas around 12 to 16''.
Thanks great information - I agree the plant dictates how one grows it (example _ some 100% sativa's it's recommended to give them only one week of veg then switch to flower --- Thanks for your answer

H

hawkman

That plant is my wife's favorite. Smells like grape bubblegum. The pheno in the first pic absolutely does not like N in the first 2 weeks of flower.
Look at "Blue Venom" (Blue berry X white widow) BlinBlum makes a "Grizzly Grape Kush)(good yields - some what new breeder just more info !!!!! -PEACE

Top Bottom