Viparspectra 900w Veg Bloom

• Thread starter Durksta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Durksta

Durksta

hi ive got a 900w led viparspectra with veg and bloom switch for flowering should I used just the bloom switch or just continue with the full spectrum with both on?

Logixcraft

Logixcraft

hi ive got a 900w led viparspectra with veg and bloom switch for flowering should I used just the bloom switch or just continue with the full spectrum with both on?
I have a meizhi 600W and I use both switch’s through out the whole grow. Fuller spectrum. You don’t see Cobs or HID lights causing issues.

DGP

DGP

I would do th same thing if I as using that type of light. I run about 3500K for a veg bloom combo (COBs) and 4000K quantums for a veg tent. would keep doing what your doing.....

Dee

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Just bought a viperspecra 600w full spec reflector series, are these lights any good? I have a California light works veg master and wanted to increase size of my grow, I dont care about the bloom function as I only grow autos and have a decent bloom light, how are these light for veg? I hate Chinese knock off crap, but I don't have 5 bills for another veg master, I could have bought a 1200w but that's to much light intensity in a confined space just want to grow 3 plants comfortably, I have a grow tent but never used it, I just set up in a closet, so tell me Chinese crap right? I allso could have bought the one where you can dial in the kind of light you want but thats just 1 more thing to break, all i want is halfway decent full spec light, I'm not impressed with there daisy chane, cooling wells, and veg bloom switch, I do like the 3 year warranty, so what' the deal with these lights?????????

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Sory, you should not run that light with the boom on, this will change the spectrum of your light, run veg in veg and I assume when you turn off veg and turn on bloom the light dims, this is beacuse you just changed the spectrum of your light. This is normal,

Durksta

Durksta

Sory, you should not run that light with the boom on, this will change the spectrum of your light, run veg in veg and I assume when you turn off veg and turn on bloom the light dims, this is beacuse you just changed the spectrum of your light. This is normal,
Well you have been watching the progress with my grow snow I’m happy and a lot of people post great video reviews on youtube

dan1989

dan1989

Just bought a viperspecra 600w full spec reflector series, are these lights any good? I have a California light works veg master and wanted to increase size of my grow, I dont care about the bloom function as I only grow autos and have a decent bloom light, how are these light for veg? I hate Chinese knock off crap, but I don't have 5 bills for another veg master, I could have bought a 1200w but that's to much light intensity in a confined space just want to grow 3 plants comfortably, I have a grow tent but never used it, I just set up in a closet, so tell me Chinese crap right? I allso could have bought the one where you can dial in the kind of light you want but thats just 1 more thing to break, all i want is halfway decent full spec light, I'm not impressed with there daisy chane, cooling wells, and veg bloom switch, I do like the 3 year warranty, so what' the deal with these lights?????????

I've got one, they're good for veg in a smaller area, say 4x4. Will make a decent all round supplemental in your room. The Cali Lworks will kick its ass all day though. Look on the top cover it will say actual consumption 257w or something watts, so say you're probably adding an extra 170 - 80 something watts to your light draw, might get a good few dozen extra grams spread over the area. If you've got it, use it :) me, I'll just be using it for veg, I use HPS now for budding :)

Migrows

Migrows

I've noticed with mine they stretch more during veg if bloom switch is on,
during bloom I use both

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Yea my little veg master kicks ass but all I want is suplamentel veg light, now a little 110 cost $500, cant afford that, they dont make the little110 i have anymore i found 1 for about $300 but at the time i did not have the jing, when i went back they sold it and it was the last 1, its a 1 plant light, but if I can get some good supplemental veg light I'll be happy, only cheap Chinese light anyone even realy recommnds so I guess we wait and see. Thanx

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I grew 4 years with MH & hps, you can buy a 900w bulb for $30 a good ballast with a fan for $100 they are giveing them away but the heat and noticeable uptick in your electric bill are definitely downsides, they say that light I bought is supposed to= 600w of mh, I dont know if true but that would be a good amount of supplemental light.

dan1989

dan1989

I grew 4 years with MH & hps, you can buy a 900w bulb for $30 a good ballast with a fan for $100 they are giveing them away but the heat and noticeable uptick in your electric bill are definitely downsides, they say that light I bought is supposed to= 600w of mh, I dont know if true but that would be a good amount of supplemental light.

It won't be equivalent to the MH unfortunately, that's all bullshit. In my experience.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Light is dim compared to my veg master, i realy dont know much about led light, full spec to grow, end of spec to bloom, I did do research that ligh for a 3×3 grow is supposed to be good, they say this light does not have enough red, thats why its a shitty flower rig, but i think it will do, i was debating whether to go with 900w im in a tight space to much light can be bad just want to increase my grow, i dont give a hoot about flower light, i have a bloom booster, oh by the way i realy could not get an honest independent review of this light, all roads lead to amozon, allso I dont mind if the light is less bright its' the spectrum of light you want and some is invisible to the naked eye .

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

They all fucklng lie, everyone in this business, my light does this, this plant does this, this food does that, bullshit all you can do is try & Keep it simple as possible.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

To me buying that light is like me buying a jap bike after I have rode Harleys all my life, worse Japan now makes decient stuff I still would not buy a bike, but all my electronics are jap, now I'm not expecting miracles just a small increase in veg light, my bloom rig is straight, I went with the 600w beacuse of space, I have a 4×4 grow tent but don't use to obvious so we wait and see.

DGP

DGP

They all fucklng lie, everyone in this business, my light does this, this plant does this, this food does that, bullshit all you can do is try & Keep it simple as possible.
Sno, why are you messing around with these lights which are known to have absolute lies in their spec sheets? Why not just go to some QB boards? QB120 (60 Watts per panel) are 4 boards for $124 at amazon now. QB132's are $133 for a set of 4 boards (75 watts per panel). 8 of those boards and an another $100 or so for a power supply and now you have a top shelf light.

Also, the footprint of that light can never equal a QB or COB system because it is physically so small (LEDs are not spread out enough) there will always be a hot spot in the middle of your grow and the perimeter plants will suffer a lot less light.

How many watts does that 900w light actually draw? I bet it is less than 450 watts. No LEDs are that efficient that they can be spec'd at equivalent to 1K HID (more than 2X the input power?? As they state in their spec). At best a blurple light like that is producing 540 watts of "equivalent light". Typically LEDs are about 30% or so more efficient. That is how much more efficient LEDs are if they are really good LEDs. HLG, Cree and Luminous have pretty honest spec sheets. As far as I know they don't lie about their products. Also, it is hard to say exactly how much more efficient LEDs are than HID because there are a wide range of quality to HID and as soon as you turn them on they start to degrade.

A buck a watt (true power) will get you a really nice light that will run cool and perform. If you locate the driver outside the tent you will get rid of most of the heat the fixture produces. I have my 1K worth of LEDs 6-8" off the canopy and no heat burn and no bleaching, AC runs less often.

As always I say yes you can grow a good crop with these type of lights but you can do better with a more pro level light.

Dee

dan1989

dan1989

To me buying that light is like me buying a jap bike after I have rode Harleys all my life, worse Japan now makes decient stuff I still would not buy a bike, but all my electronics are jap, now I'm not expecting miracles just a small increase in veg light, my bloom rig is straight, I went with the 600w beacuse of space, I have a 4×4 grow tent but don't use to obvious so we wait and see.

You get what you pay for like everything else. The bike analogy is spot on. See I like to keep my plants squat, so the limited penetration of the cheap Chinese crap lights are not a problem for me. The price says it all, you compare the price of a 550w CLW Solarstorm to a 600w Chinese no brand, the numbers speak for themselves and the results even more so.

Dan789

Dan789

How do you like that light is it producing?
That light was in a 4x4 tent with two other bluple lights, the total wattage draw (for the tent) from the wall was around 550 watts. That tent did OK but the tent with my 600 watt 12 Vero 29 Rapid led kit did much better. I could have fed the plants under the cob light more heavily, but didn’t realize at the time (when I could have done something) what was happening, duh. All of the plants I grew were new to me, so there’s that also. Harvest was good enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom