ViparSpectra and HPS not really going great, SpiderFarmer and QB?

• Thread starter EnricoDePedis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

EnricoDePedis

So I did my first grow with a viparspectra tc1200. I didnt really think it was great. I wanted an LED though as the HPS runs hot and I struggle with consistent temps and whatnot.

I recently got an air cooled 600w hps hood, but again it is still hot, it doesnt seem great.

I have been looking at quantum boards but the price is still really high.

I came across the SpiderFarmer lights that use the samsung LM301B but ahve really low wattage, anyone have any experience with these lights? How do they compare to a burple LED like mine with about 550 watts from the wall? How do they compare to HPS?

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
hey
i have 4 of em i have been running 12/12 for over a month no problems, low heat, not no heat but very low when compared to a vivosun burple 300w . overall i have no complaints with mine.

OG

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
wait on second thought. i just scored a 240 W Q board with meanwell driver and enough cord to remote the ballast if you wanted and samsung LM301 H 's which i have read is better still. i paid 199 free shipping. so maybe look for a Q board with the LM301H's ?

OG

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Lights aren’t as important as some think they are. I get you’re searching for answers and the correct answer is to dial in your environment and your growing skills. Give them an ideal environment and Mother Nature does the heavy lifting.

E

EnricoDePedis

Lights aren’t as important as some think they are. I get you’re searching for answers and the correct answer is to dial in your environment and your growing skills. Give them an ideal environment and Mother Nature does the heavy lifting.

I thought this, but my friend who does house grows in Australia recently switched from his HPS setup to PAR+ LEDs, he typically yields 2kg per month using his 2 house grows. He yielded over 3 just by changing the lights.

Cut his leccy bill down massively too apparently. Wish he wasnt in the army when I started growing because I would of killed for his bloody advice. Now I am stuck with a viparspecta lol.

E

EnricoDePedis

wait on second thought. i just scored a 240 W Q board with meanwell driver and enough cord to remote the ballast if you wanted and samsung LM301 H 's which i have read is better still. i paid 199 free shipping. so maybe look for a Q board with the LM301H's ?

OG

DIYLED do top line stuff, looking at getting either one of their cob optic setups of the PAR boards. Just always kills me to fork over cash for stuff lol

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Better lights aren’t going to turn a bad grower into a good one.

H

hawkman

Budget Led's Quantum Boards - american made and 3 year warrenty was going to get a Vispspectura 700 and I'm glad I didn't

Top Bottom