virgin grow help me grow the crip

• Thread starter chewberto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chewberto

chewberto

this is my first time growing ever and I want to dothis is my first time growing ever and I want to do this right, I am tired of smoking junk it is very hard to this right, I am tired of smoking junk it is very hard to find good strains and good growers where I am living find good strains and good growers where I am living currently in Colorado, I'm from Orange County cai currently in Colorado, I'm from Orange County cai where i got spoiled on herb and this stuff isnt right where i got spoiled on herb and this stuff isnt right here.it's time for me to make the jump into growing here.it's time for me to make the jump into growing myself, i have a myself, i have a marijuana marijuana license and I have spent a license and I have spent a lot of money on equipment let me list what I have and lot of money on equipment let me list what I have and maybe somebody could tell me if I need anything else. maybe somebody could tell me if I need anything else. And if anyone has any experience growing barneys And if anyone has any experience growing barneys farm Liberty Haze and purple wreck from reserva farm Liberty Haze and purple wreck from reserva privada as these will be the first strains that I will privada as these will be the first strains that I will because i have bought femenized because i have bought femenized seeds seeds from attitude from attitude if you have grown these strains maybe you could give if you have grown these strains maybe you could give me some pointers with some and also I'm planning on me some pointers with some and also I'm planning on doing 6 plants in my tent i have a doing 6 plants in my tent i have a 5x5 gorilla grow tent, hydro f arm air cool reflector 8 5x5 gorilla grow tent, hydro f arm air cool reflector 8 inch, max fan 8 inch 646 cfm, temp dne, 1000 watt inch, max fan 8 inch 646 cfm, temp dne, 1000 watt phantom digital ballast, 1000 watt metal halide bulb, phantom digital ballast, 1000 watt metal halide bulb, t5 flourescents, co2e controller and regulater and t5 flourescents, co2e controller and regulater and tank, trying to figure out my fan situaltion, digital temp tank, trying to figure out my fan situaltion, digital temp humidity with high low current, also i will get a hortilux humidity with high low current, also i will get a hortilux 1000 hps bulb, what else to make this run smoothly? 1000 hps bulb, what else to make this run smoothly? all help is welcome thanks virgin grow, help me do it all help is welcome thanks virgin grow, help me do it right right

G

groundscore

reading this hurt my eyes really bad. and kinda felt like a run on sentence. can only help you out with the liberty haze. me and a homie split a pack and the only keeper i had took almost three months to flower. fatty smoke, too fuckin long for me

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Buy a book called "marijuana horticulture"by a guy named jorge cervantes,its available on amazon.com or at a barnes and noble store,it will give you alot better grasp on everything,it'll be 20 bucks well spent and the pictures alone are worth it when you need a reference later on.

chewberto

chewberto

I ordered it, and watched his dvd ss and read a lot o i have a grasp on it pretty good..just. looking for othwr opinions and help with these strains

chewberto

chewberto

Sorry for the s***** text and some things got messed u I I am stand it's quite confusing Anna I sore.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

It sounds like you got some good equipment and I think you will do fine. I don't have any experience with those strains but you might not wanna put those 2 in the same flower tent because the Haze will probably grow alot taller, unless you plan on training them.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Oh yeah, alot of purple strains are known for slow growth and/or low yields, but bomb smoke and great bag appeal. I'm growing Blueberry right now and it took forever to veg, but its smelling and looking amazing in its 5th week of flower ;) good luck

buddahslave

buddahslave

I hope you didn't order Barney's seeds yet, its the worst company on the market. All your plants will hermaphrodite and cause you an extreme headache. I have grown many strains from Barneys and they all have turned to shit, about 11 different ones. If your from the oc then show us some cali love and order from Cali Connection some cali strains, they have a great line of og fire. Barneys is hype and good marketing just google Barney seeds and you will see all the complaints. If you already started then you have to work with what you got, keep temps below 75degrees. Don't matter what strain you order that shit will flower forever. Feed as little as possible because over feeding is the biggest mistake among new growers and will cause much undue stress. If in soil add food to water maybe once a week or week and a half the rest should be pure water or water with a root enhancer. Make sure you flood the room with fresh air from out side its very important. I hope this help you and good luck on your first grow first grow;)

chewberto

chewberto

yea i really like purple taste lavander or grape its good i cant wait..
Oh yeah, alot of purple strains are known for slow growth and/or low yields, but bomb smoke and great bag appeal. I'm growing Blueberry right now and it took forever to veg, but its smelling and looking amazing in its 5th week of flower ;) good luck

chewberto

chewberto

I hope you didn't order Barney's seeds yet, its the worst company on the market. All your plants will hermaphrodite and cause you an extreme headache. I have grown many strains from Barneys and they all have turned to shit, about 11 different ones. If your from the oc then show us some cali love and order from Cali Connection some cali strains, they have a great line of og fire. Barneys is hype and good marketing just google Barney seeds and you will see all the complaints. If you already started then you have to work with what you got, keep temps below 75degrees. Don't matter what strain you order that shit will flower forever. Feed as little as possible because over feeding is the biggest mistake among new growers and will cause much undue stress. If in soil add food to water maybe once a week or week and a half the rest should be pure water or water with a root enhancer. Make sure you flood the room with fresh air from out side its very important. I hope this help you and good luck on your first grow first grow;)
Yea man the seeds are in new york already going down, hopefully barneys comes through, i definitely am going cali connection next and soma possibly theres a special on attitude you get 3 Humboldt org seeds i think i will order more
.im going to try and use intake from a window wirh a fan blowing in i think winter here in coloradi will be good cold air but winter im gonna need an a/c. Dry as hell in the winter too

buddahslave

buddahslave

Are you in soil or hydro? I recommend soil for your first grow, because it creates a mistake buffer that will allow you to fuck up a little with out killing your crop. Go out and buy Happy Frog soil, this will help you tremendously in the long run due to the fact it has forest humus and mycorrhizae both great for a bomb root structure. Concentrate most your energy on the root system of the plants and the rest will be easy as apple pie. I would get Roots Excelurator and a Humic acid plus Advanced Nutrients Carbo Load as my first grow additives. Remember to feed as little as possible for you must crawl before you can walk. Cannabis almost never dies from lack of food, but it dies really easy from over feeding. Rule of thumb is to water, then water, then feed! Water every two to three days on that third watering add nutes. Hope that was clear enough if not then more than happy to help.

chewberto

chewberto

Yea soil is my medium..i was plannin on happy frog from the starter plug then into ocean forest,. I was going to try advanced nutrients iguana juice other nutes and extras i am still educating myself on ..thanks for ur help i definitely understand

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

@buddahslave- Is Barney's Farm really that bad?? I've seen someone on this site grow Crimea Blue outdoors and it looked amazing and the grower said it was great smoke.

I have always heard/seen people for the past few years say Green House is the worst, actually for the same reasons you stated about Barney's. It just seems like people are hating on these BIG seedbanks and its getting old talking shit on GHS so now people are moving on to Barney's.

I've never grew anything from Barney's so I can't comment on there genetics, but I did grow a strain from GHS and it was a relatively vigorous, high yielding, easy to grow plant with mediocre potency, thats a HUGE difference then what people claim they get from GHS. I've popped about 20 feminized seeds from GHS with over 90% germ rate, 0 males and 0 hermies. I just started my last 5 seeds from GHS and they all look good and uniform. Now I'm in my 6th week of flower with some Blueberry plants I got from a small seedbank in Canada and they were alot slower in growth, smaller yield and a not as easy to grow, but they smell and look like some of the best buds I've seen in a while, remember, its only the 6th week of flower, the high is better and there more potent then the GHS strains I grew. I know this because I picked a bottom popcorn bud a couple days ago :)

Anyways, my point is, these BIG seedbanks (Barney's Farm and Green House Seeds) are not that bad, for the grower who has enough money to buy better genetics and are after the super duper dank, then they should not buy from BF or GHS. The thing is, there are growers who can't afford $100+ for 5 fem. seeds when they can get it for $40 from GHS or BF. I know there are alot of people that don't feel comfortable sending DJ Short $180 for 10 reg seeds then have the chance they get confiscated in the mail, but $40-$50 for 5 fem seeds wouldn't be nearly as big a lost.

Buddahslave, this is nothing against you, I believe you when you said how bad your experience was with Barney's Farm seeds, bud you recommended CC and I've heard bad things about them on this site. Its the same thing with nutrients, you say how bad BF's genetics are, but then you recommend Advance Nutrients which is a fertilizer company that gets more bad rep then Green House and Barney's Farm combined.

Seeds and fertilizers are completely different because 1 of them you can duplicate perfectly, the other is a living organism that can only be somewhat stabalized through selection of breeding. So some seeds are gonna be bad no matter what "breeder" they come from, so I think its more a matter of opinion and just because someone has a bad experience with a few seeds from a seedbank, don't count them out. Now there are some breeders that have amazing genetics and they are better then most commercial seedbanks, but you usually have to pay more.

P.S. Sorry, that was a long rant, but I just want to let chewberto know that most likely, your gonna end up with some bomb smoke. So don't think negative, if you think positive and grow them the right way, you should have the best haze and purple in your circle of friends, good luck. And buddahslave, again, this was NOT against you its just been something I've been thinking about for a while and you brought it out ;)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hey buddah, I do understand your just giving him a heads-up on how bad your Barney's Farm plants were, but like I said before, its NOT personally about you bro.

buddahslave

buddahslave

Hey buddah, I do understand your just giving him a heads-up on how bad your Barney's Farm plants were, but like I said before, its NOT personally about you bro.
I don't take any of this personally, you are more then welcome to your opinion I was just giving mine. I have grown many seeds from gh since 1999 through Marc Emery and I have never had a problem out of them, but I have ordered a shit load of seeds from Barneys and none have ever produced me a crying cent! I believe this company to be a dirty company that is selling lemons, and if there was a lemon law for cannabis seeds this company would be the worst offender. I know for a fact that Barneys have great genetics I have no doubt about that, but they are not sending you what they are suppose to. They get overwhelmed with orders and can't keep up so they start sending shit seeds. Once or twice bad seeds I understand, but all my seed over three years of ordering, fuck Barneys! I have gotten bad seeds from many companies so I understand it happens I still order from those companies, but Barneys is just plain old crooked. I suggest you order seeds from Barneys and do a run and report back your results and if you have a good run then I will give them a second chance.

Top Bottom