Visiting D.C. soon. What's the Mmj scene like?

• Thread starter Spliffious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Spliffious

:sign0065:Noticed No!!! THCF medical clinics out there on the east-side, therefore, was thinking It might be impossible for a legit legal connection from out of state patient to D.C. patient/caregiver. Bummer, as I am really looking forward to wandering the monument filled city, on some super sour-diesel... Maybe checking out the MPP policy headquarters or Norml's office and saying hi to Keith Stroup the Prez! I'm just not sure if I care more about visiting our Nations capitol or medicating with east-sides finest?

Does anybody have advice for a medical tourist? Places to go. For Ex: Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Hookah lounges, Head shops, concert venues- big & small. Can't wait to take a photo with a fat joint in my mouth:afroweed: and the Capitol building behind me. Red team go! Red team Go!....lol...should be neat.

S

Spliffious

D.C. Counciil approves 5 medical marijuana dispensaries?

(I would Like to know, where these are Located)?

On Tuesday, January 19, 2010. The District of Columbia will have up to FIVEmedical marijuana dispensaries, where seriously ill patients can go to obtain Medical Marijuana from a licensed vendor. Under this new bill proposed by D.C. Council member David A. Catania.

Maryland Lawmakers Prepare to Introduce Medical Marijuana Legislation

Yesterday 2-2-2010, a team of bipartisan Maryland legislators announced the details of two bills that would make medical marijuana legal and accessible for qualified patients in the state.

As proposed, the bill would allow patients with a “debilitating medical condition” to obtain marijuana from state-run distribution centers with the recommendation of a doctor with whom they have a long-standing relationship.

Under current state law, patients are provided with a limited affirmative defense in court, but they have no protection from arrest or a criminal conviction:character0095:, and no safe and reliable access to their medicine.

Under this new proposal—which has backing from a diverse and bipartisan group of legislators and has so far seen no opposition—those patients would no longer be treated as criminals:tongue0011:, and they would have safe access to the medicine they need.

S

Spliffious

huge victory for medical marijuana patients in D.C.

The U.S. Senate recently passed historic legislation to end the decade-long ban on implementing a medical marijuana law in Washington, D.C. This marks the first time in history Congress has changed a marijuana law for the better:D. Only Obama’s signature is needed for the change to become law.

This is not only a huge victory:anim_19: for medical marijuana patients in the nation’s capital, it marks a historic shift on the medical marijuana issue nationwide. This is the first time Congress has given its assent to a state or local law that permits medical use of marijuana. Coming on top of the announcement that the Justice Department will no longer interfere with state medical marijuana laws, this shows that the ground has fundamentally shifted.

Before the D.C. law can go into effect, the city council will need to transmit the original 1998 initiative to Congress for a 30-day review period, which is not expected to present an obstacle. The law will take effect at the conclusion of this review, and the D.C. government will then be charged with creating regulations to govern the implementation of the initiative’s language.

It seems that Congress is finally listening to voters, who have supported protection for medical marijuana patients for well over a decade, as well as to the medical community’s growing recognition of marijuana’s medical value. Lifting the ban on D.C.’s law falls far short of sweeping, national reform, but it is surely a sign of good things to come.

S

Spliffious

where the d.c. people hiding?

weird...how come nobody wants to write about D.c? is it that sketchy of a place? or duhh duhh duhh...:fighting0085: we shouldn't be online and networking? because, we have no free right of speech anymore?:mad0229:

I think I get it...:middlefinger:devil:middlefinger

and the devil's: the police:Stater's & you Federal :sign0055:

M

mrdizzle

dude it just was implemented a couple months ago. there aint shit of a scene. feel free to close this retarded thread at anytime

B

Budhog

Don't live in DC, but if it is anything like Cali, you probably have to be a resident of DC to go to the clubs. Not sure though.

DC is a very sketchy place. I was there last year and there were like 10 murders the first night I was there. Just stay around the touristy places.

Try www.webehigh.com . be careful tho, DC is a very dangerous city.

S

Spliffious

D.C. and MMJ....

Don't live in DC, but if it is anything like Cali, you probably have to be a resident of DC to go to the clubs. Not sure though.

DC is a very sketchy place. I was there last year and there were like 10 murders the first night I was there. Just stay around the touristy places.

Try www.webehigh.com . be careful tho, DC is a very dangerous city.

No, I fully understand not being allowed in a state run anything. With-out the states authorized license. Makes sense, and thanks for the insight. :rauch08:
I won't hang with anybody like this>:bandit

I just thought that since the Norml and Marijuana Policy Project headquarters are there! that maybe, some-what of Canna-industry?:evilgrin0021:

S

Spliffious

dude it just was implemented a couple months ago. there aint shit of a scene. feel free to close this retarded thread at anytime

Mr. dizle.. there is a Narly scene For shizzle.:rauch08:..College town USA. duhhh with college kids everywhere.... i'll be just fine.especially in that scene... thanks for your expert advice......

you look like this>:party0033:

V

v2chao

For real.....

I live in DC and all the things has said in this thread is wrong......please close this thread.

HASHHEADJ

HASHHEADJ

I am from washington dc and I will love to come back home to be able to stop in and and donate 4 some medical marijuana that'll be cool do... or even open up a collective or 10

J

jamaican bud

if im not mistaken i believe i heard on the news that the first dc dispensary opened this past week on rhode island ave.

ourkansaw

ourkansaw

I believe in DC you have to have a very serious illness to qualify (I forget right now, but I want to say it was limited to just stuff like AIDS, cancer, MS). And people who want to open dispensaries are running into lots of problems, as this Washington Post article shows:

J

jamaican bud

theres somewhat of a scene, but its all about who you kno. hanging out around howard university you will for sure find some. majority of georgia ave for the most part is where i find some alright stuff. depends on your scene tho. i dont advise you going to certain areas looking unless your used to rough areas and can blend in easy. if you feel you do well in " the hood" then by all means, se dc has some of the dankest i've had since i lived in ny. expect high prices tho. you might wanna venture out into maryland. pg county has good stuff (outskirts of dc).

Eastern

Eastern

man, you take your life- and your money- in your hands dealing on the street. If you don't know someone who already has it, you'll probably get ripped off, shot, or both. Good luck with that.

Top Bottom