Vivosun vs2000 vs mars hydro ts 600

• Thread starter chainedtiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chainedtiger

Hey fellow farmers ! I have a nagging question I was hoping to get some opinions. I bought a mars hydro 2x2 tent. It comes with the mars hydro ts600, 100 watt light. But... I was looking at the vivosun vs 2000, 200 watt... 200$. Is it worth spending the extra cash to get the vs2000, think its a better light. I'll only grow 1 or 2 plants at a time. Thank you

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Hey fellow farmers ! I have a nagging question I was hoping to get some opinions. I bought a mars hydro 2x2 tent. It comes with the mars hydro ts600, 100 watt light. But... I was looking at the vivosun vs 2000, 200 watt... 200$. Is it worth spending the extra cash to get the vs2000, think its a better light. I'll only grow 1 or 2 plants at a time. Thank you
It’s always worth it to get a better light mate👍 u can always dial it down a bit if it’s to much but ya can’t crank it up if it ain’t there when u need it👍

R

RGWD0202

Hey fellow farmers ! I have a nagging question I was hoping to get some opinions. I bought a mars hydro 2x2 tent. It comes with the mars hydro ts600, 100 watt light. But... I was looking at the vivosun vs 2000, 200 watt... 200$. Is it worth spending the extra cash to get the vs2000, think it’s a better light. I'll only grow 1 or 2 plants at a time. Thank you
They had the vs3000 300 watt for 197.00 today. That’s what I have and I really like it, it’s got the Samsung diodes as well. The 300 might be a bit much for the 2x2 but you can keep it turned down and then be able to upgrade to a bigger tent later without needing a bigger light…

C

chainedtiger

It’s always worth it to get a better light mate👍 u can always dial it down a bit if it’s to much but ya can’t crank it up if it ain’t there when u need it👍
That's true , thank you for your response. I know ill probably give in and buy it. Well I'll have the mars hydro as a backup. Happy growing brother!

Newty

Newty

Be careful with vivosun, I can't speak for the vs2000 but I have 2 vs4000 that are advertised on their website with LM301H Diodes, 2.9 efficiency, 40,50,60,80,100 dimming but the 2 vs4000 I received had LM301D diodes and 2.7 efficiency and a different dimming range. I emailed vivosun and called them out on it and they told me the ad is not up to date and they changed the light a few years ago but never updated their advertising and product listing. Pretty much everyone who purchases these lights got a lower spec light without even knowing. Like I said, I can't speak for the vs2000. The 2 vs4000 I have, even though less then advertised, have given me a few great harvests but haven't had it long enough to give a full impression on it.

UPDATE: I just confirmed that they didn't update the specs for the vs2000 as well so instead of being lm301h and 2.9 like advertised, they are lm301d and 2.7 which are still good diodes. You can confirm this by looking at the product description/specs on their wesbite and after you read those download the manual and read the specs listed in the manual. The specs in the manual show lower then advertised.

Last edited:
C

chainedtiger

Be careful with vivosun, I can't speak for the vs2000 but I have 2 vs4000 that are advertised on their website with LM301H Diodes, 2.9 efficiency, 40,50,60,80,100 dimming but the 2 vs4000 I received had LM301D diodes and 2.7 efficiency and a different dimming range. I emailed vivosun and called them out on it and they told me the ad is not up to date and they changed the light a few years ago but never updated their advertising and product listing. Pretty much everyone who purchases these lights got a lower spec light without even knowing. Like I said, I can't speak for the vs2000. The 2 vs4000 I have, even though less then advertised, have given me a few great harvests but haven't had it long enough to give a full impression on it.

UPDATE: I just confirmed that they didn't update the specs for the vs2000 as well so instead of being lm301h and 2.9 like advertised, they are lm301d and 2.7 which are still good diodes. You can confirm this by looking at the product description/specs on their wesbite and after you read those download the manual and read the specs listed in the manual. The specs in the manual show lower then advertised.
Wow! Hmmm but I wonder if it's still better than the mars hydro ts600. or not. Would you think the vivosun would still be a better light ? Not sure what the specs are on the mars. Pretty much, I'd rather not spend the money on a higher wattage if I don't have to. But if the ts600 100 watt isn't gonna cut it.... ill get the vs2000 200 watt

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Wow! Hmmm but I wonder if it's still better than the mars hydro ts600. or not. Would you think the vivosun would still be a better light ? Not sure what the specs are on the mars. Pretty much, I'd rather not spend the money on a higher wattage if I don't have to. But if the ts600 100 watt isn't gonna cut it.... ill get the vs2000 200 watt
100 watt will flower out a very small plant just depends on your personal needs man good luck with it whichever way ya go I can’t comment on your lights specifically as I don’t run em I’m stuck in the Stone Age with my DE hps 😂👍

Newty

Newty

Looks like the TS600 has bridgelux diodes with 2.0 efficiency where's the vs2000 has samsung lm301d with 2.7 efficiency, samsung is everyone's preferred diode but bridgelux makes good diodes as well. I don't have experience with reflectors so I'm not sure of the light pattern of the ts600, I would think reflector would help but how much compared to an extra 100 watts, idk.
Like I mentioned, I have 2 vs4000 which I assume are double a vs2000. I've almost have been using the lights for a year straight with no issues so even though the specs are not advertised correctly, it's been good so far with no issues. I use them in a 8x4 and have been growing 6 at a time and my last harvest was just shy of 11 ounces, almost 2 ounces per plant which I'm satisfied with.
Hopefully someone else who owns the actual lights you are looking at will come along, I'm kind of curious on the ts600 (particularly the reflectors) so might look for some reviews myself.
How big is your space? The vs2000 is 23.5" x 11.8" and the ts600 14.1" x 12.2". Vivosun also has the Aerolight models that have a built in fan and some models adjustable wings on the sides, Aerolight come in 100w, 150w, and 200w. If you buy on Vivosun and register with a new email, you get 10% off. I've never used the vivosun aerolight and don't know much about them so do your research if you consider that model.

C

chainedtiger

Looks like the TS600 has bridgelux diodes with 2.0 efficiency where's the vs2000 has samsung lm301d with 2.7 efficiency, samsung is everyone's preferred diode but bridgelux makes good diodes as well. I don't have experience with reflectors so I'm not sure of the light pattern of the ts600, I would think reflector would help but how much compared to an extra 100 watts, idk.
Like I mentioned, I have 2 vs4000 which I assume are double a vs2000. I've almost have been using the lights for a year straight with no issues so even though the specs are not advertised correctly, it's been good so far with no issues. I use them in a 8x4 and have been growing 6 at a time and my last harvest was just shy of 11 ounces, almost 2 ounces per plant which I'm satisfied with.
Hopefully someone else who owns the actual lights you are looking at will come along, I'm kind of curious on the ts600 (particularly the reflectors) so might look for some reviews myself.
How big is your space? The vs2000 is 23.5" x 11.8" and the ts600 14.1" x 12.2". Vivosun also has the Aerolight models that have a built in fan and some models adjustable wings on the sides, Aerolight come in 100w, 150w, and 200w. If you buy on Vivosun and register with a new email, you get 10% off. I've never used the vivosun aerolight and don't know much about them so do your research if you consider that model.
Thank you so much for the info. I checked out the aerolight. I dont have wifi, only mobile hotspot. Plus it doesn't work with 5g. It can't be controlled manually that I can see. And everything I've read points to it only being controlled by the growhub controller. Thinking I'm gonna go with the vs2000. 30- 40$ cheaper from vivosun as compared to 199 from Amazon. I'm in a 2x2 tent and the light is 23 1/2 inches long so it will just fit and cover the whole space. Do you think that's too much for a 2x2 tent? I appreciate you and your knowledge.. thank you so much.

Newty

Newty

Thank you so much for the info. I checked out the aerolight. I dont have wifi, only mobile hotspot. Plus it doesn't work with 5g. It can't be controlled manually that I can see. And everything I've read points to it only being controlled by the growhub controller. Thinking I'm gonna go with the vs2000. 30- 40$ cheaper from vivosun as compared to 199 from Amazon. I'm in a 2x2 tent and the light is 23 1/2 inches long so it will just fit and cover the whole space. Do you think that's too much for a 2x2 tent? I appreciate you and your knowledge.. thank you so much.
I can't say if the vs2000 would be to much, only issue would potentially be to much heat, they can be dimmed though. Depends on the average room temps and your air system for the tent.

Vivosun also has the vs1000 and vs1500 that use the same diodes as the vs2000 and vs4000. The vs1500 is 14.3"x14.3" so that would give you 5" of space on each side of the light in your tent.

Newty

Newty

I'm not trying to make your decision harder by throwing another light recommendation but I checked out ac infinity website, everything but my lights are ac infinity because they were to expensive for my tent size.
Anyways they have the iongrid s22 and t22 for $169 & $179, not sure of the difference of them but they both are 130w, use lm301h diodes and come with a digital contoller that allows you to set schedules, dimming, etc.

C

chainedtiger

Thank you so much for the info. I checked out the aerolight. I dont have wifi, only mobile hotspot. Plus it doesn't work with 5g. It can't be controlled manually that I can see. And everything I've read points to it only being controlled by the growhub controller. Thinking I'm gonna go with the vs2000. 30- 40$ cheaper from vivosun as compared to 199 from Amazon. I'm in a 2x2 tent and the light is 23 1/2 inches long so it will just fit and cover the whole space. Do you think that's too much for a 2x2 tent? I appreciate you and your knowledge.. thank you so much

I'm not trying to make your decision harder by throwing another light recommendation but I checked out ac infinity website, everything but my lights are ac infinity because they were to expensive for my tent size.
Anyways they have the iongrid s22 and t22 for $169 & $179, not sure of the difference of them but they both are 130w, use lm301h diodes and come with a digital contoller that allows you to set schedules, dimming, etc.
I make my decision harder..lol. checked out ac infinity s and t series. They don't seem too bad. Kind of wanted a 200 watt but It's only a 2x2 tent. This light is 12x12. Looking at the T series dont sound too bad. Is 130 watts good enough. I'm not growing alot... just some autogrows and starting some photos to bring outdoors. Your info in much appreciated

Newty

Newty

I make my decision harder..lol. checked out ac infinity s and t series. They don't seem too bad. Kind of wanted a 200 watt but It's only a 2x2 tent. This light is 12x12. Looking at the T series dont sound too bad. Is 130 watts good enough. I'm not growing alot... just some autogrows and starting some photos to bring outdoors. Your info in much appreciated
The ac infinity s and t series will give you about 6 inches of space on each side of the light, which of course is going to help with air flow and heat, the included digital contoller is definitely a bonus. I would personally probably go with either the AC Infinity S or T or the Vivosun VS1500, both come right between the 100 and 200 watt you were looking at before and have dimensions a little smaller then the tent to help with heat/airflow. AC Infinity diodes are a little better then the Vivosun. I am partial to AC Infinity though, I love their products and know if you have any issues, they will ask a couple questions, maybe have you try a few things, and as long as you have proof of purchase will send you a new one if there's an issue. I can't comment on Vivosuns customer service but AC Infinity customer support is A+ IMO.

C

chainedtiger

The ac infinity s and t series will give you about 6 inches of space on each side of the light, which of course is going to help with air flow and heat, the included digital contoller is definitely a bonus. I would personally probably go with either the AC Infinity S or T or the Vivosun VS1500, both come right between the 100 and 200 watt you were looking at before and have dimensions a little smaller then the tent to help with heat/airflow. AC Infinity diodes are a little better then the Vivosun. I am partial to AC Infinity though, I love their products and know if you have any issues, they will ask a couple questions, maybe have you try a few things, and as long as you have proof of purchase will send you a new one if there's an issue. I can't comment on Vivosuns customer service but AC Infinity customer support is A+ IMO.
Thank you. That's my choice... ac t series. Your the best brother. Be well and happy growing !! 🙂

Newty

Newty

Thank you. That's my choice... ac t series. Your the best brother. Be well and happy growing !! 🙂
When it comes to equipment for growing, keeping reptiles, or moding my car I tend to become obsessive, there's so much information and so many options that I dive deep into research, reviews, etc so I can feel confident in my choices.
I'm glad I could help! Best of luck, I look forward to seeing your future grows! 👍✌️

Newty

Newty

Honestly the viparspectra xs1500 pro is the king of 2x2 dollar per ppfd. 🙌 IMHO
The advertised specs are definitely good and some decent reviews out there. My only complaint is they don't use a meanwell driver and nobody knows the diodes they are using. Also when you get up around 1000 ppfd and higher, you may need co2 supplement. Definitely worth looking into though!

Last edited:
ReallyOldDude

ReallyOldDude

I do have vivosun but 4x a100s in a 4x4 tent. I do love them as fan and lights are controlled via controller ... my tent is automated including watering. The a100's come with H brackets to connect them togeather, and may be fine with a 3x3 but I hang them individually for more even PAR. They raise the tent about 10f but the controller can increase filter exhaust to controll that. I'm currently running in unheated space so run lights at night as a heat source. My HPS/MH kept grow room plenty warm in winter but a lot more electricity ... I haven't run the HPS in years and leds work fine. I note this as tent exhaust blows out into grow room and does fine for winter but HPS was like a jungle and humid! I do have temp and humidity controls but VPD is about 1.0 in winter. My space is also not airconditioned so runs very hot and VPD around 3 in summer a biger concern. I have other older LED I use in veg room but supper happy with PAR of a100s in tent. I believe you are looking at vivosun other lights ... they are cheaper and sufficient as well. I think, with any LED, they are rather equal and so is the PAR map that is what is important and should be your guide. Just IMO.

C

chainedtiger

I do have vivosun but 4x a100s in a 4x4 tent. I do love them as fan and lights are controlled via controller ... my tent is automated including watering. The a100's come with H brackets to connect them togeather, and may be fine with a 3x3 but hang them individually for more even PAR. They raise the tent about 10f but the controller can increase filter exhaust to controll that. I'm currently running in unheated space so run lights at night as a heat source. My HPS/MH kept grow room plenty warm in winter but a lot more electricity ... I haven't run the HPS in years and leds work fine. I note this as tent exhaust blows out into grow room and does fine for winter but HPS was like a jungle and humid! I do have temp and humidity controls but VPD is about 1.0 in winter. My space is also not airconditioned so runs very hot and VPD around 3 in summer a biger concern. I have other older LED I use in veg room but supper happy with PAR of a100s in tent. I believe you are looking at vivosun other lights ... they are cheaper and sufficient as well. I think, with any LED, they are rather equal and so is the PAR map that is what is important and should be your guide. Just IMO.
Yeah it gets pretty hot in my apartment, 90 in summer. Need to buy an ac unit . I'm gonna try the ac infinity iongrid t22. Seems like a good light, lots of features. I can hook up my exhaust to it to controll it. 130 watts. I dont understand most of the technical things about them or light spectrums. But I'll eventually learn

Newty

Newty

Yeah it gets pretty hot in my apartment, 90 in summer. Need to buy an ac unit . I'm gonna try the ac infinity iongrid t22. Seems like a good light, lots of features. I can hook up my exhaust to it to controll it. 130 watts. I dont understand most of the technical things about them or light spectrums. But I'll eventually learn
I think the controller it comes with will only control the lights and you can connect more of the same light to it. In order to control the exhaust (if it's an ac infinity exhaust) and the light on the same contoller, you would need a contoller 69 or similar. The picture on the website that shows all the devices going to a contoller is the contoller 69, that contoller is separate and is just showing the light is compatible with the contoller 69 system if you have one. If you have an internet connection, the wifi version is best because you can view conditions and change setting remotely from anywhere with cell service while the Bluetooth only models only allows it within Bluetooth range, both models can be used without Bluetooth and wifi as well but there's advance automations when using the phone app. I have the wifi version and it was well worth it IMO, definitely made controlling my tent easier.

Top Bottom