Voodoo juice is septic tank cleaner...?

• Thread starter inurmum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
voodoo juice=septic tank cleaner...not the first time this is talked about,its been in discussion about a year ago here i believe,its basically the same shit,might vary a little,no need for it imo..i stopped using it with no changes at all..

iamgrowerman

iamgrowerman

You are lumping, caustic drain cleaners, oxidizing drain cleaners, acid drain cleaners & microbial drain cleaners all into one, most microbial drain cleaners are advertised to be 100% safe for the environment and non toxic.

No I'm not. If you believe that anything deemed "safe for the environment and non-toxic" means it's good to eat that's okay with me. I just will never accept an invitation for dinner.

I require slightly more stringent qualifications for what I put in my body. Play-doh is non-toxic and I'm pretty sure it qualifies as safe for the environment. Would you smoke it? How about SuperGlue? That's non-toxic too.

Bottom line: "safe for the environment" or "non-toxic" does not mean safe for human consumption.

So under no circumstances would I personally use or recommend to anyone else that a product not intended for human consumption or to be used in the growing of crops for human consumption would be a close approximation and therefore substitute for one that was.

It seems to me something grossly irresponsible, dangerous, and yes, "stupid" to do.

I am not saying to run out and buy microbial drain cleaner in replace of beneficial microbes, but until you confirm the ingredients and try it on some plants to call the discussion stupid, seems to me for lack of a better word, rather stupid!

See above.

Buying great white mycorrhizal at what 50 bucks for 4 ounces, call a local greenhouse/local farmer they generally get 50 pound bags of mycorrhizal for 100 bucks.

And what does that have to do with what I said? Nothing. The greenhouse/farm supply products are clearly designed for plants and would clearly say whether they were safe for use on food crops. A septic tank cleaner, of any variety, isn't likely to include that for the same reason they don't include statements on their effectiveness in treating athlete's foot, their use as an alternative fuel for automobiles, or the proper dilution rate for beverage applications.

Regardless of how well you think you can read the label of a product like that you cannot be reasonably certain it is safe for human consumption based solely on the ingredients, the terms "safe for the environment" or "non-toxic", or anything else.

Products expressly for the cultivation of plants are different specifically because so many plants are grown for human consumption and therefore a manufacturer is obligated to state if their product isn't appropriate for food crops.

M

MediMary

No I'm not. If you believe that anything deemed "safe for the environment and non-toxic" means it's good to eat that's okay with me. I just will never accept an invitation for dinner.

what are you talking about eating the microbical drain cleaner? Yes I know just because something is environmental friendly its not safe for human food consumption, seriously though nutrients grow vegetables but you don't eat botanicare for dinner now do you, but yes its fine to eat vegies grow from it.

Play-doh is non-toxic and I'm pretty sure it qualifies as safe for the environment. Would you smoke it? How about SuperGlue? That's non-toxic too.

Jesus christ man, smoking play doh, WTF? Would it be good to smoke advanced nutrients? what about pure blend pro, your off in a non logical world. Nobody is talking about smoking play doh, were talking bout using a beneficial microbial product to encourage root zone microbial activity, and its just a discussion at this point~ nobody saying to do it or not do it.

if you want to convince people not to experiment, not to talk about something why don't you list one ingredient in draibo(for example) that is not healthy for humans!!!

Your just throwing your opinion around with no real thought behind it, your first post says how stupid this whole thread is but you don't actually provide anything factual for us to take your word on.

You have your opinion, i have mine and personally think this would be worth looking into further.

Im just going off the msds sheet, did you even read it?.. Yeah im pretty sure its not good to eat drain cleaner, or miracle grow, or zone, or any nutrient in its raw form right out the bottle.

but the natural drain cleaner does say that in small doses its wouldnt hurt you if taken orally on the msds

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

after reading this thread i ran down to the local hardware store and picked up a bottle of a generic septic cleaner similar to the ones talked about.

I'm doing a test with it, first is seeing a suitable ratio with no ill effects and then I'm goin to do a side by side test of two plants, one with and one without. I'll post results, but it won't be for a while....

I also picked up some mycogrow and have just started throwin it into the mix. I'm sure it will be beneficial and should easily be worth it but will also do a side by side test with it as well.

Medimary is right....think about all fertilizer you give your plants, I'd be more worried about the heavy metals in the fertilizer than some enzymes!!!! lmao

I

inurmum

hello all!
i got my soluble mycogrow from fungi perfecti, and have been using it along with the root excelurator and the septic tank cleaner (0.5-1ml/4 litres) with really nice results.

i really feel strongly that Voodoo juice is a big waste of money, and the more i look into the usages and sales of varying beneficial bacterial strains the more im convinced it(Voodoo juice) does not need to be used at all.
i am still using several advanced nutrients products, big bud, overdrive, b52 with great success, but as far as im concerned their beneficial bacteria and fungus products are way too overpriced, and the same strains that they boast can be found elsewhere for significantly cheaper.

initially when i started this thread i wanted someone to explain why this could not be so, and help me justify why i was spending literally 90$ a litre on a product that could be replaced for a fraction of that cost. it really isnt even about the money, more so that i let my ignorance get the best of me and put my trust in a company before going out and understanding what im getting.

im thankful to be more aware of this, and thankful for the kind and prompt responses i have received.

R

robz

Let's see some side by side pics of plants that had septic tank cleaner, some that had none & some that had Voodoo juice. Plants & roots. Otherwise all your words are meaningless

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

like i said, I'll be doing a comparison of plants with and without. You wana send me some voodoo juice and i'll throw that into the mix but i won't waste my money on it.

iamgrowerman

iamgrowerman

if you want to convince people not to experiment, not to talk about something why don't you list one ingredient in draibo(for example) that is not healthy for humans!!!

I can't do that and neither can anyone else who doesn't have first-hand knowledge of every step along the process of making that (or any other) product. There are so many possible ways to contaminate something or make it in such a way that renders it unsafe for human consumption that a simple ingredient list just doesn't cut it.

Things that ARE meant for human consumption sometimes get contaminated and those are factory environments designed to prevent that kind of thing. If what you're making is in no way intended for human or horticultural application how important is it that something potentially harmful get into the mix?

Your just throwing your opinion around with no real thought behind it, your first post says how stupid this whole thread is but you don't actually provide anything factual for us to take your word on.

My point isn't that I'm certain it's not safe. I don't feel any particular need or burden to prove that it's not safe.

My point is that I don't limit myself to only avoiding things that have been proven to be harmful. I avoid anything I don't know is safe.

Whether or not septic tank cleaner would put something harmful to me in a plant isn't the point. That I can't be sure it WON'T is the point. Think about how many FDA tested "made for human use" drugs out there are causing massive problems for people and spawning new class-action lawsuits every single day.

I don't know about you or anyone else, but feeding something completely untested and unregulated for horticultural use on a crop I'm personally going to consume based on nothing more than it "looks pretty similar" sounds a lot like eating something you don't remember putting in the fridge because it "looks like mashed potatoes".

I don't eat things because it can't be proven they're harmful. I eat things because I can prove they're NOT harmful.

It shocks me that this kind of thinking would seem shocking.

B

Blackthumb

Well I was considering a side by side, but Holy shit man, AV is expenisive as all hell, the cheapest smallest bottle I could find was like $50 for like 500 ML.

guymandude

guymandude

Results

So for anyone who's tried this, what were your results?

yes please, some one do a side by side grow using a root inoculant in one pot and bacterial drain cleaner in another. I find it rather silly that so many are sooooo freaked out that there may actually be more than one use for the bacteria and fungi that inhabit a root zone. Ever thought of that? obviously not. Shit, there's 4000 different uses for Coca Cola, such as cleaning battery terminals but people still drink it. How many different uses can you list for vinegar? Ammonia?

get a grip people. It comes down to this: Use what works for you Personally, in my grow, I use Voodoo Juice and Great White and my plants are as healthy was they've ever been. I have zero complaints. We're intelligent enough to know you need a those beneficials so go with whatever marketing scheme you agree with and if it works for you, don't trash what may work for other people. You do you, I'll do me, and we can all trade bowls at harvest time.

Since i started using AN 8 years ago, my plants have never been healthier. The stuff works and it works exceptionally well. was using GH before that and always had deficiencies, unstable ph, etc. I don;t buy into all the marketing hype. I run the hobbyist line with a few other things i am playing with. I'm intelligent enough to know i don't need all the stuff the hock. The hobbyist line grows the best buds i've ever grown. I've also used Canna nutes and they didn't work so well for me either. But I'm not ignorant enough to trash Canna as being crap just because it didn't work for me, in the environment i created for my plants, with the water i was using in the substrate i was using. Get it?

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

I have a loaf of bread on the fridge that wont mold. Health is subjective. Preservatives might contribute to health. But i doubt it? More about looks and illusion and sellability I think.

I dont care if it turns my roots into sentient tentacles. DOES IT IMPROVE END PRODUCT QUALITY ? Or just relieve the tension of wasted $$ when you see 'change' ? Like those growers who feed powdered sugar to their powdery mildew to turn it into trichomes. "mayne they got frosty overnight and my pm is gone!"

AN is the watered down 'alternative choice' to Monsanto brands. All the same group of people in all honesty...

So let me reiterate using your own info:

You reduced your hydro-industry chemical strength by switching to AN... AND WHAT HAPPENED? Who would have thought your plants did better WITH LESS HYDROPONIC SCAM INDUSTRY CHEMICALS.

Switching to AN is like paying an exit tax to Monsanto. You get even more thinned out product at a higher price. And the plants are healthier, because the chems are lessened. Youd think the grower would catch on to WHY his plants are healthier using the more watered down version of the same thing. This game of gimmick juice is pretty straight forward. They pat each others backs to ruin your crops. So they can sell fixes.

Question remains. Does your product taste better after wasting this money, or does it taste like the repulsive bottom shelf bud at the dispos, that has Voodoo Juice on the label right next to half the AN line? (which i can easily taste as it kills everything natural about the plant in a direct purportion to the amount used by the gullible grower)

We already know the answer. People who still buy bottled nutes like the taste of chemicals and hate the taste of weed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom