Voracious Unknown Pest

• Thread starter Drwahoos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Drwahoos

Drwahoos

I have been growing for the past 10 years in the same location and never seen this. I live in SoCal. This plant is outdoors and the damage in the picture happened in about 2 weeks. I also topped the plantusing the FIM method(just for fun) and my fingers caused a little damage on the side branches and the damage actually grew and one of the sprouted tips actually went limp(I inspected under a microscope for bugs and didn’t see any). Plant seems in great health regardless but I can see the damage process. I have been using lost coast plant therapy spray and alternating with neem. And it doesn’t seem to slow. I did noticed, with my naked eye, some long bodied bugs I don’t recognize moving around. Maybe a tenth the size of a grain of rice? But can’t seem to identify them. So confused. Could it be systematic?

Voracious unknown pest
Voracious unknown pest 2
Voracious unknown pest 3
Voracious unknown pest 4
Voracious unknown pest 5
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Looks like catepillarsor something similar... my best guess. The damage is too big for mites and similar critters. They go thru a few stages as they grow... this one looks like it crawled up the stem and enjoyed the 1st leaf that it could find. That long skinny thing might be your culprit. I'm on the other coast and have different headaches, but similar.

Drwahoos

Drwahoos

It’s a small plant and I inspect it daily, usually caterpillars are later in the season also.

B

Burned Haze

Grandevo ( once you get 6lb bag, stuff is pennys per gal if you get non cannabis label, ultra cheap) , shit will and prevent 100+ things including catapillers and moths ( not all species but a lot of them), key don’t let the pest get grasp on population or any and spray biocontrols (they are 100% safe to bees and you and can be used unlimited times vs many things where they are limited per cycle )

biocontrol attract by the terp of the fungus and then the pest eat it, and then the pest die, preety cool cause the company tried 1000’s of fungu‘s or bacteria and found the best for the pest and fungus prevention .

Drwahoos

Drwahoos

Grandevo ( once you get 6lb bag, stuff is pennys per gal if you get non cannabis label, ultra cheap) , shit will and prevent 100+ things including catapillers and moths ( not all species but a lot of them), key don’t let the pest get grasp on population or any and spray biocontrols (they are 100% safe to bees and you and can be used unlimited times vs many things where they are limited per cycle )

biocontrol attract by the terp of the fungus and then the pest eat it, and then the pest die, preety cool cause the company tried 1000’s of fungu‘s or bacteria and found the best for the pest and fungus prevention .

I have been rotating between Dr Zymes, neem, and lost coast plant therapy. It’s definitely something other than Caterpillars. I’m having trouble identifying that small bug I saw.

Drwahoos

Drwahoos

Grasshoppers are possible, but like I said I go out and look it over multiple times a day usually about 8 hahaha I feel like I would have seen something. Also just noticed this today. Can’t imagine is rust fungus because it’s outside and pretty arid for the most part.

7C658D73 64C2 41C7 B5CB 47A66EBD58AB
CAE228DB D5D7 4C5B 8343 A9CC1A90805A
362EFACE C4CE 40E9 B4BC A8911A173003
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
When I said caterpillars, I wasn't referring to the final stage, before the butterfly stage, but instead the first stages after hatching in the spring. They start off tiny but eat their way up. It has to be a larger bug because a mite would take a year to eat a hle of that size.

Top Bottom