Vote ____ on Measure 91!

• Thread starter Fresh Starts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I've been reading the grey and condensed voter pamphlet that showed up at my house the other day and I just can't seem to make up my mind about where I stand with measure 91. Help schools and children- ok. Help mentally disabled people- ok. 35 dollar taxes on 1 oz. of bud- wow. Thats 560 tax dollars on a Lb. of cannabis! Its not easy think about enduring changes as big as measure 91 in some aspects but in others it has promise for the better.

And so I thought that I would reach out to the Pacific North West folks on the farm and ask you; why does this work, are the changes worth looking forward to, and will this enable or disable the current farming community? Lets pool our thoughts together and come up with best case and worst case scenarios so we can discuss likely reactions from all sides of our community. There is going to be a lot of input from the members here and I welcome all of it but lets remember to keep things civil. I'll start us off with the question of how this ballot will change the medical landscape and the way we all operate to support it. Will prices go up or will prices stay the same? What do you have to say? :peeking:

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

Ok, everyone is fine with taxation rates and corporate pharmaceutical company money being poured into our state? Lets go!

straincreation

straincreation

Its only gonna go up from there. I say push to start lower cause that 35 is gonna turn into 50 real quick And so on and so forth.
especially the way the industry is going commercial at an unthinkable rate.
Just my thoughts
Happy farmin;)

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I'm amazed so many activists are totally fine (if not begging for) handing it all over to corrupt sociopaths/statists, and after everything we've been through with prohibition, bigotry, and government abuse. And their best answer seems to be that if we don't accept tax theft and buy offs for all the 'stakeholders' (cops, schools, drug treatment scams, pharma, and anyone else who wants a piece), then 'they' won't 'let' us have our weed. Pardon my saying so, but of all people, we in this movement need to wake the fuck up.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Gets extra good at 41:20. I'd like to hear more talk like this in Oregon. Instead of state control scenarios that take money from us and give it to rich people.

Last edited:
Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

The powers that wrote the measure are just appeasing the conflicted parts of today's cannabis culture to open the market. Not that I have anything against money going to schools and mentally ill but there are no concrete details about those funds being spent in a specific way in the first place. Maybe I missed some thing there. I could Imagine other areas of the world that I'd like to see my tax dollars being spent towards like incentives for small business's and environmental preservation. Part of the reason I don't like the measure is I don't know about locking in a law that will last decades and tying these benefactors to the tax money from cannabis.

dirk d

dirk d

no reason to rush into legal "recreation market" when WA and CO are having such issues. let's just wait and leave things be the way they are now. at least for another 2 years.

MRsaysay

MRsaysay

The OLCC will be in charge of the program, they are an organization steeped in prohibition era thinking. No good, bunch of crackers. Out of state money is poised to put all the mom and pop growers out of business. Say goodbye to the good old days. The cost of production when done in a commercial fashion will basically turn it into a commodity crop. Hopefully not though.

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
Hard to believe after all the years of waiting and wanting a realistic recreational measure that oregonans just gave up the farm. Handed it off to big business, big money. Good luck to anyone but the very very rich making anything other then slave labor wages from this "New Business". Just opened the door for other good buddys to influnce the direction of growth. Open up agriculture to big business and they rely upon big business when problems begine to happen. 'Hello monsantos, what ? You have gmo seeds which will grow better today? Ones that are resistant to fusarium oxy. (add etc.) funny our warehouse has been almost brought to bankrupcy becuse of this Yes please send me your gmo seed. " Imagine that ! How can anyone be so ignorant as to vote for a" 'to be defined at a later date to suit our needs'" measure ? Thats exactly what it was! Vote today for this and will make up the rest later. Bunch of stupid stoners saw I can grow 4 plants in my back yard and checked the box with out reading the fine print. Excilent work ! You do realize you just added to the stoner sterio type! Played right into it! Hope Im wrong and we see fields of hemp growing up down I5 instead of the grass seed we see now, but we all know that really wont be happening any time soon. The powers to be will regulate and tax any potential right out of the plant and keep it out of the ground one way or another. Fields of hemp may be worth more then grass seed to the majority of the planet, but we all know how important grass seed is to the rich guy whos dog pissed on the lawn to much and needs some seed to patch the brown spot. Funny how money can take precident over logic. Ok enough ranting by the ignorant on the ignorance of the ignorant! :confused:Best of luck !

Top Bottom