• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
timthumb.php

The Alaska and Oregon ballot initiatives to make marijuana legal in both states will be voted on a week from today. With the important election just another week away, here is an overview of the existing and pending legislation in each state.

In Alaska, laws eliminating criminal penalties and replacing them with civil penalties already exist for the possession of up to four ounces of marijuana. Moreover, the state has already implemented a medical marijuana program. In the upcoming election, the state will vote onMeasure 2, which would establish a recreational marijuana market that would allow marijuana to be taxed and regulated similarly to alcohol.

In Oregon, the elimination of criminal penalties associated with the possession of up to an ounce of marijuana was established over 40 years ago. In addition, the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program has been in place since November 1998. In the upcoming election, resident voters will be deciding on Measure 91, which serves to establish a legal adult marijuana market that would allow marijuana to be taxed and regulated similarly to alcohol. If the measure passes, Oregon residents will be allowed to possess up to eight ounces of marijuana at home, while being able to cultivate up to four plants. Moreover, retail sales for adults over the age of 21 would be permitted.

In the end, marijuana prohibition has failed, and it is time for a more sensible approach. Alaska and Oregon voters, please take a stand on November 4 to make marijuana legal in your states. Encourage family, friends, and neighbors to do the same!

http://www.thedailychronic.net/2014...-legal-in-alaska-and-oregon-only-a-week-away/

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
If I was 18 and at a concert/ park / pick some where, and I handed my 15 year old brother/ sister/friend a fat joint that weighed over a gram and was caught I am now a fellon under mesure 91. How does this help lower law enforcement envolvement? Does not, in fact it further confuses the issues. Is a Joint really worth wrecking a kids/young persons day/week/year/life ? Not saying its right but theres no way I can vote for such an implimntation of law. Its wrong no mater how its being pressed into play. If Im a medical patcient and I grow one plant over my limit ( 13 inches this mornig, opps forgot to top it last night.) Guess what Im in much worse potential trouble then I can be charged with now, not to mention all the new growers who now are elegible for the easy felon program. (Opps had 5 unstead of 4 plants in my back yard) Just read the whole measure. There are much harsher laws being implimented through this measure then are currently in place. There are no real plans to design impliment program once voted other then to turn over these details to the olcc. Thats right all the power ,decision making, further laws and policies and how may permits would now be controled and decided by 5 people (OLCC) They could issue a few super permits and say we did our job! How is this progress for us? This is not good enough for us people of oregon. Don't just skimm over this one and say Right On! Lets not through our hands up and yell yippy we won to fast. Read whats really being pressed upon us ! Lets hold out for a more sensable measure to come our way! (sorry for spelling its late!)
Peace

Top Bottom