VPD do you adhere to the charts

• Thread starter A NewPhase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Just wondering if you follow these charts exactly, your thoughts on VPD
I do. I've noticed through veg how much better they grow when the vpd is right. Plus it just makes sense when you read about transpiration. I'm not saying you can't grow awesome pot without tracking your vpd. But I don't have years of experience to rely on, so I have to go with what I've learned and what science says works.

S

Sameperson775

If I did, my plants would mold. I have to stay under 50%rh to be safe.
Not if your Temps are high enough. You're stuck on old dated information. I have a flower tent at 82f and 65%rh with thick colas just finishing week 7 flower. You will only mold if your airflow is sub par

Madmax

Madmax

That really depends if your in an outdoor shed or inside .my air comes from directly outside where sometimes rh is 100%..rh spikes is when i use to get mold and it didnt matter how many fans i had.even with 5 in a 5x4 area..even blowing directly at them full blast..but now running hepa filtration and using heat lights off i have it under control.

H

hydrodreams

Not if your Temps are high enough. You're stuck on old dated information. I have a flower tent at 82f and 65%rh with thick colas just finishing week 7 flower. You will only mold if your airflow is sub par
I have heard about that narrative elsewhere that it cannot mold if airflow is good enough. I think that is too simplyfied becaus fungi always thrive best in very moist climate. And also from my own experience when I have had a really good airflow I could still have mold probs.

S

Sameperson775

I have heard about that narrative elsewhere that it cannot mold if airflow is good enough. I think that is too simplyfied becaus fungi always thrive best in very moist climate. And also from my own experience when I have had a really good airflow I could still have mold probs.
It's not a narrative nor is it too simplified. 65%rh @ 82f is hardly a "moist" environment. Debacle University and another man who represents apogee instruments and a professor of plant environment has spent many many years and many millions of dollars studying plant environments. It's science not a narrative. If you are able to keep your environment stable then you will not mold. My plants are dry and doing just fine at 65%rh. I don't care what environment you are in, shed, bus, basement, outside, inside on the moon or in a shoe if you can keep your environment sterile and stable you won't develop mold in vpd chart ranges, these are facts. If you cannot maintain environment standards then things go wrong but it's not because it's a narrative, it's not because its bad science It's because something went wrong and you couldn't maintain proper environment. Hard to progress in life if you are stuck on old information.
Look up Dr Bruce Bugbee he is one of the top experts in plant environment. Amazing top tier information based off of real science

H

hydrodreams

if you can keep your environment sterile
It's impossible to keep your environment sterile. All of us are constantliy having a lot of fungal spores on us that will end up in our rooms. Most items we bring in our rooms will have spores on them too. A surgeon will confirm to you that even in a OR you don't have a guarantee to remain completly sterile irrespective of their very strict procedures.

And look, I don't want to talk anybody away from trying to grow withing oprimal VPD values. It's just a fact that many of our strains are artificially produced crosses with very dense and big colas that do not occur this way in nature which adds another difficulty to remain mold free in indoor growing. And everybody in indoor growing knows, that there are very mold proun strains around and others that are very mold resistant (GG4/Blue Dream)

VPD is a good thing. But I would be very careful with mold proun strain.....

S

Sameperson775

It's impossible to keep your environment sterile. All of us are constantliy having a lot of fungal spores on us that will end up in our rooms. Most items we bring in our rooms will have spores on them too. A surgeon will confirm to you that even in a OR you don't have a guarantee to remain completly sterile irrespective of their very strict procedures.

And look, I don't want to talk anybody away from trying to grow withing oprimal VPD values. It's just a fact that many of our strains are artificially produced crosses with very dense and big colas that do not occur this way in nature which adds another difficulty to remain mold free in indoor growing. And everybody in indoor growing knows, that there are very mold proun strains around and others that are very mold resistant (GG4/Blue Dream)

VPD is a good thing. But I would be very careful with mold proun strain.....
You just made my point. Just because lowering your humidity can fix the problem doesn't mean it's the cause. Saying "RH that high would cause me to get mold" really means there are aspects of my environment I can't control very well so I will do the easiest thing and run a low humidity. My problem isn't with people doing what they need to do, my problem is people who blame one thing for something else and then tell someone citing facts that they are spreading a narrative. VPD ranges won't grow mold. Just because mold CAN grow in those ranges it's not the fault of those ranges. Stop pushing your "narrative" and go find out what the real problem is, or don't and just run low humidity but don't blame something because you couldn't dial it in.

Madmax

Madmax

You are right..its pretty much the rh spike over a period of 10-20 hrs that fucks me.sorta doesnt matter how much airflow i have when it happens.i do have dehuey but not quite up to the task..i dont blame vpd ..lots of guys just cant run it .as you said ,just havnt got all the tools of the trade to prevent it..

Neueregel

Neueregel

It's not a narrative nor is it too simplified. 65%rh @ 82f is hardly a "moist" environment. Debacle University and another man who represents apogee instruments and a professor of plant environment has spent many many years and many millions of dollars studying plant environments. It's science not a narrative. If you are able to keep your environment stable then you will not mold. My plants are dry and doing just fine at 65%rh. I don't care what environment you are in, shed, bus, basement, outside, inside on the moon or in a shoe if you can keep your environment sterile and stable you won't develop mold in vpd chart ranges, these are facts. If you cannot maintain environment standards then things go wrong but it's not because it's a narrative, it's not because its bad science It's because something went wrong and you couldn't maintain proper environment. Hard to progress in life if you are stuck on old information.

Look up Dr Bruce Bugbee he is one of the top experts in plant environment. Amazing top tier information based off of real science
i wonder what growing in a shoe is like 😉😄

Top Bottom