VPD, Humidifier Placement, circulation, and micro-climates

• Thread starter pork
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pork

pork

Hey folks,

I've got a 13x13x10 room and doing the whole VPD thing. I got one of those ideal air humidifiers and it puts out a lot of moisture. I'm curious what other folks out there are doing to keep from the part of the room closest to the humidifier from being too humid. I've got (well, what I think to be) good air circulation with 2 floor fans moving air to the ceiling, oscillators on the walls, carbon filter on the ceiling, and a mini split to push air around as well. But it still looks like the mist coming off the humidifier isn't even being dispersed. Am I over thinking this, and all should be well? I'm 4 days into flower, so it's not a huge concern if the plants are a little extra moist now, but later on once there are buds, I'd be concerned more about it.

Thanks for any input.

Jakecan

Jakecan

Hey folks,

I've got a 13x13x10 room and doing the whole VPD thing. I got one of those ideal air humidifiers and it puts out a lot of moisture. I'm curious what other folks out there are doing to keep from the part of the room closest to the humidifier from being too humid. I've got (well, what I think to be) good air circulation with 2 floor fans moving air to the ceiling, oscillators on the walls, carbon filter on the ceiling, and a mini split to push air around as well. But it still looks like the mist coming off the humidifier isn't even being dispersed. Am I over thinking this, and all should be well? I'm 4 days into flower, so it's not a huge concern if the plants are a little extra moist now, but later on once there are buds, I'd be concerned more about it.

Thanks for any input.
I mean you could but a humidity reader on either side of the room? As well as check the humidity near the base of your plant as well as the top of the canopy. I think that might give you some peace of mind whether or not its being dispersed.

pork

pork

Yeah, I've got 3 in the room as it is, just gotta wait a bit to collect the data.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I think if you've got good air circulation your over thinking things a bit, yes.

I have a few big sized fans that push lots of air on low levels, and mix things up in the room with the overhead. If you stirring up the air in the room, that's all that's required. Otherwise, it's good to have lots of good air movement over and under the plants, especially while in flowering.

IMG 20210716 184359291
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Good circulation... humidifier on the lowest setting on a controller. This allows for the most accurate and even dispersion of humidity.

By putting humidity into the air slowly you pretty much avoid the issue of uneven humidity as long as you have good airflow

iffey

iffey

What is VPD telling you? I use the same humidifier in an 8'x8' room (never thought of putting it on a rheostat). Early in veg/bloom, they can tolerate/need more H and I do not worry about H in the 65%-70% range but I too have good air circulation. Havent had a problem in years. I point the H deflector towards the window shaker from across the room.

pork

pork

Running 82-84f day time, 75%
Nights are a little cooler, maybe 78-80f, same humidity

these ideal air units spit out a lot of moisture, I got it moving around pretty good across the ceiling, but I almost need a backsplash for the wall that it’s up against...

jonebroni

jonebroni

Running 82-84f day time, 75%
Nights are a little cooler, maybe 78-80f, same humidity

these ideal air units spit out a lot of moisture, I got it moving around pretty good across the ceiling, but I almost need a backsplash for the wall that it’s up against...
Hi, I am actually getting ready to post my journal but I am having a few adjustment problems for VPD myself... I was told to come on in a grab a 75-pint Ideal-air? Humidifier tomorrow so I will be adding that up to probably 60% humidity and see where that goes...

If I run my room around 79 degrees, 700-900 c02, but only mid to low 40's humidity I can get up to 1.9 VPD... I will post my journal to follow along, I have been reading your stuff, a lot of others and other research too, so I think the next couple of days should be exciting!

I have been adjusting it with temperature and such and getting them girls back down to 1.5ish, but still not good enough!

Happy growing bud~

pork

pork

Yes to both of these. The inkbird keeps things in a really nice range on the dehu and the hum side of things. Ideal air unit has been working great, adjusts humidity quickly and having the tap coming from the RO is great for not having to keep refilling.

Be careful how you mount it, I had it on a finished MDF shelf and the moisture got through it and swelled the board up. Now I have two shelf brackets with some metal strips running across as the shelf. I also got some adhesive waterproof (for kitchen backsplashes) to put on the drywall behind the unit to keep moisture from getting in the wrong places

Latest posts

Top Bottom