W.T.H??? Seedling mature already? Mutation?

• Thread starter KiwiGrowKid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KiwiGrowKid

Hi guys. Just an update to a previous post i made about a possible Mutated seedling. Its 2ND!!! Second! set of true leafs are alternating already? The nodes have alternated but i thought this doesnt happen till atleast around the 4th 5th set?? Iv never ever seen this nor the twisted weird looking leafs it has. You cant see by the picture, but the damn thing has hairs already.. Its a female. How can this be possible this early in a grow?? I think the culprit may be plant hormone regulator which was in the fert i put in the soil, progibb SG if im correct, A very potent pasture growth regulator makes grass grow like its on, illegal best steroids in the world kind of steroids lol. Maybe this is a contributing factor? But this plant, wasnt affected by that fert, only my other one which is showing the same things just a bi more mutated looking, maybe i just have lucky seeds? Any advice or what cause i find alternating nodes this early a sign of sonething wrong.. Its almost like a 2 year old hitting puberty.. uts just not normal?

Wth seedling mature already mutation
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I dont see any female indicators. Looks like a water or nute stress related problem. Sometimes the roots are weak and need tender care watering and sensitive to the light too.

K

KiwiGrowKid

ok the biggest leafs in the photo are the 1st set... Im talking about the 2nd set... Nearest to the tops new growth. In this photo you cannot see the 3rd so well as its still small, i cant focus my camera on that area well enough without blur, the 2nd set, you can see it is clearly not aligned... But the 3rd is 100% not aligned.. I know what alternating nodes are. The 2nd set started like it was the first alternating set but it didnt alternate enough , or sonething, cause the 3rd set which il upload a pic when i get one tommorow is definately alternating. And there is definate 100% only a blind man would dissagree theres a bloody little white pistil or hair coming fron the newest set of growth right at the very very top. You can see it in this pic. Im sure its not a peice of fluff or hair from somewhere lol its garubteed on the plant. I just find this unusual? And if my plants not some kind of mutant, is there any explanation for the very quick growth, because one of my other ones actually grew too quickly and it kinda, rooted itself so to speak... It couldnt hold the leafs and the leafs developed too quickly they were almost transparent it got too bad so i pulled it because it looked like the fibres in the leaf perhaps didnt develop properly as it grew to quick. Idk maybe i just have, bad plants lol. Iv just got a few more seeds going cause im hesistant on growing anything that, grows abnormaly. The growth im seeing from this seedling is almost veg like growth, the little things cant handle it properly and its makn them wreck themselfs lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ok the biggest leafs in the photo are the 1st set... Im talking about the 2nd set... Nearest to the tops new growth. In this photo you cannot see the 3rd so well as its still small, i cant focus my camera on that area well enough without blur, the 2nd set, you can see it is clearly not aligned... But the 3rd is 100% not aligned.. I know what alternating nodes are. The 2nd set started like it was the first alternating set but it didnt alternate enough , or sonething, cause the 3rd set which il upload a pic when i get one tommorow is definately alternating. And there is definate 100% only a blind man would dissagree theres a bloody little white pistil or hair coming fron the newest set of growth right at the very very top. You can see it in this pic. Im sure its not a peice of fluff or hair from somewhere lol its garubteed on the plant. I just find this unusual? And if my plants not some kind of mutant, is there any explanation for the very quick growth, because one of my other ones actually grew too quickly and it kinda, rooted itself so to speak... It couldnt hold the leafs and the leafs developed too quickly they were almost transparent it got too bad so i pulled it because it looked like the fibres in the leaf perhaps didnt develop properly as it grew to quick. Idk maybe i just have, bad plants lol. Iv just got a few more seeds going cause im hesistant on growing anything that, grows abnormaly. The growth im seeing from this seedling is almost veg like growth, the little things cant handle it properly and its makn them wreck themselfs lol
I am dam near blind... Not poking fun. Sound like its responding like you fimmed it after plucking that leaf?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah ok. OP only wants is to agree or we are blind.

Still looks like water stress damaged the seedling to me. I would let it dry out real good and then gently water around the seedling nice and slow. After a while i bet she straightens out and grows right.

K

KiwiGrowKid

Im jus explaining what i can see that the photo doesnt show. Thats like the best pic my phones ever taken its general got a crao camera so i cant focus on the hairs till it grows a but more. But idk its been a weird plant fron the beginning vecause iv also noticed it likes the 4000k bulb more than the 6500ks which is weird coz plants love 6500k. But its growing like a beast and its ignoring the other 6500ks bulbs so kinda has my theorys on 6500k bulbs at a loss too.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I can feel your excitement which is awesome you are so into observing and learning but honestly i feel that some observations take time to validate. Waiting sucks and I wouldn't jump so quickly to conclusions. Plants like stability and making a change can cause them to freak out for a little bit, give a good amount of time to observe before you conclude you opinion. You can be much more sure of your observations that way.

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Hi guys. Just an update to a previous post i made about a possible Mutated seedling. Its 2ND!!! Second! set of true leafs are alternating already? The nodes have alternated but i thought this doesnt happen till atleast around the 4th 5th set?? Iv never ever seen this nor the twisted weird looking leafs it has. You cant see by the picture, but the damn thing has hairs already.. Its a female. How can this be possible this early in a grow?? I think the culprit may be plant hormone regulator which was in the fert i put in the soil, progibb SG if im correct, A very potent pasture growth regulator makes grass grow like its on, illegal best steroids in the world kind of steroids lol. Maybe this is a contributing factor? But this plant, wasnt affected by that fert, only my other one which is showing the same things just a bi more mutated looking, maybe i just have lucky seeds? Any advice or what cause i find alternating nodes this early a sign of sonething wrong.. Its almost like a 2 year old hitting puberty.. uts just not normal?
Nah dude that plant is trying to sprout the leaves it’s missing it’s pretty behind and looked really stressed. It’s basically trying to keep to it’s normal cycle but she’s had a rough time so it looks funny

Ina

Ina

"Still looks like water stress damaged the seedling to me. I would let it dry out real good and then gently water around the seedling nice and slow. After a while i bet she straightens out and grows right."I also think so.It is not a genetically mutation,may be your soil mix just retains more moisture for longer.I have seen similar problems,they can outgrow it if you change something in that direction,the soil mix or the watering.....More aeration, drainage…...Also I don't think it has something to do with the bulbs and spectrum.

Top Bottom