WA taking action this wk: 1/11/09 on Legalization.

• Thread starter Spliffious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Spliffious

WA taking action this wk: 1/13/10 on Legalization.

Wednesday: Washington state House lawmakers will hear testimony at 1:30pm in favor of a pair of bills seeking to significantly reduce state marijuana penalties. :weed-sign::sign0023:

Members of the House Committee :rauch08: on Public Safety & Emergency Preparedness will debate two pending proposals, House Bill 1177 and House Bill 2401. House Bill 1177 seeks to reclassify the possession of forty grams or less of marijuana from a misdemeanor to a class 2 civil infraction punishable by a $100 fine.:anim_19: House Bill 2401 seeks to “remove all existing civil and criminal penalties for adults 21 years of age or older who cultivate, possess, transport, sell, or use marijuana.” :anim_19:This will be the first time state lawmakers have ever debated regulating marijuana production, distribution, and use by adults.:party0033::clapping:cool0010:

Fistleafpreview
C

cooda

I've been following this pretty closely. I really hope this passes. It will be the beginning of real reform for the rest of the nation. I don't understand why MI isnt looking for tax revenue in every possible aspect they can. The state is hurting, and all they are seeing is townships trying to fight the state law.

Dumb ass police fighting the inevitable because of their personal, propaganda influenced beliefs , it makes me sick.

but good luck to the Seattle folk... and the rest of the state.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Well seeing we hold the biggest marijuana gathering in the world we should have a good chance... I am really possitive at the proactive outlook they have propossed!!!

S

Spliffious

WA 2010 Public Hearing on legal MJ!

Concluding the public hearing that went down this last weds.:hi: I thought that WA Legislative Rep Dickerson did an outstanding job expressing her plan on legalizing to combat the state budget deficit in 2010, so maybe the job cuts will soon stop. And Law Enforcement:fighting0003: can quit wasting money on arresting cannabis users and cultivators and start focusing on matters at hand like the Mexican drug cartel that runs wld throughout WA supposedly? But, selling in state operated liqour stores is a dumb idea.
I don't think Alcohol and M.J. should be purchased in the same venue. At-least, I'm not super comfortable around a bunch of booze much anymore and the Drunk's that linger!:party0033: No Way!.... Legal store front cafe's like amsterdam: would be neat. Or a Store much like a liquor store that sells cannabis related items and of course the local Gov't home-grown selections. These two bills. 1177 for decrim/2401 for legalization are poorly written and Embarrassing to all MMJ patients. Therefore, both bills need public review and design from professionals already involved in booming Seattle Cannabis industry. Plenty of Lawyers, local folk and many Medical Marijuana company owners or reps were in attendance. One lawyer specifically caught my attention with this perspective that I haven't ever heard before.

:muscleKen Davidson:anim_19:- law in WA for 35 yrs. Belong to king cty, Bar assoc

Perspective of a father of two in twenties….. We're saddling A generation of youths w/ criminal convictions for measly possession of Marijuana, that is having a far reaching effect on their future, as it didn’t even exist w/ some of our parents in the recent generations.

Opportunities and chances in life
are directly effected. Conviction of MJ will cut off college federal funding and employment opportunities are also sometimes taken away. Criminal background checks are main determination of employment in 2010, therefore Jobs can be non-existent if found a felon, mainly for cultivating MJ?

Good people mostly, coming from good families are the one's being affected daily, from prohibition and our backass-ward law officers:devil.Those that are able to avoid conviction are claimed lucky in most cases. Last and not least I found: The leading Shafer Commission report. Says no evidence, that the use of MJ harms the individual.:rauch08:

Here's the link to the hearing:

Dare
S

Spliffious

WA. VOTE on two pending proposals HB 117,2401: Wed, 1/20/10

:sign0065:Washington: Lawmakers on the House House Committee on Public Safety & Emergency Preparedness will vote on Wednesday, January 20, at 1:30pm on two pending proposals, House Bill 1177 and House Bill 2401. House Bill 1177 seeks to reclassify the possession of forty grams or less of marijuana from a criminal misdemeanor to a class 2 civil infraction punishable by a $100 fine. House Bill 2401 seeks to “remove all existing civil and criminal penalties for adults 21 years of age or older who cultivate, possess, transport, sell, or use marijuana.” This will be the first time state lawmakers have ever voted on regulating marijuana production, distribution, and use by adults.

If you reside in Washington, please contact your House member and urge him or her to support one or both of these measures by going here and here. You can also call the Committee and leave a polite, concise message voicing your support for marijuana law reform at: (360) 786-7131 or toll free at: 1-800-562-6000.

S

Spliffious

WA. House panel to snuff out marijuana bills. 1-20-10

Posted at 7:23 am by Jerry Cornfield

If marijuana use is going to be legalized in Washington this year, voters will have to do it because legislators won't.

On Wednesday, the House Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Committee is expected to vote down bills dealing with legalization and decriminalization of marijuana.

Rep. Chris Hurst, chariman of the public safety panel, told me there are not enough votes to move either bill out of committee. While amendments to one or both bills could be proposed Wednesday, he did not envision enough minds would change to alter the outcome.

There are five Democrats and three Republicans on the committee. The Republicans will unite against the bills. Hurst and Rep. Al O'Brien, D-Mountlake Terrace, both former cops, each said they will oppose the bills.

Hurst said votes could have been taken last week at the end of a two-hour hearing on the legislation. Sponsors of the bills requested time to ponder possible changes in response to criticism raised in the hearing.

He's pushing to get the matter resolved to give backers of an initiative for legalization a clear field on which to wage their fight.

The issue is not completely stubbed out in the Legislature. A Senate bill decriminalizing use is still alive though no hearings on it have been scheduled as of this morning.

S

Spliffious

Sensible Washington- Group gathering signatures for Legalize ballot in 2010

:winking0067:Sensible Washington is sponsor of a proposed ballot initiative to remove criminal penalties for adult use, possession and cultivation of marijuana. We expect to begin circulating petitions for voter signatures around March 1.
Visit our website.
www.sensiblewashington.org
:party0023:

S

Spliffious

Seattle Volunteer Kickoff Meeting Feb. 17, 2010. for signature gatherers

Seattle Volunteer Kickoff Meeting Feb. 17
Written by Philip Dawdy on February 5, 2010 — 10 Comments

On February 17th, we’ll hold our Seattle kickoff meeting for volunteer signature gatherers at Ballard Branch of the Seattle Public Library. It’s located at 5614 22nd Ave. N.W. The event will run from 6.30 p.m. to 7.45 p.m. (Directions are here.)

So if you haven’t signed up to volunteer, please do so here as it’ll help us be all the more organized as we begin to roll out petitions for voter signatures. Because it’s time to end the war on marijuana in Washington State.

At the event we’ll walk you through the mechanics of signature gathering (it’s easy) and talk to you about what I-1068 does and doesn’t do.

It’ll also be a great chance for those of us in the Seattle area to meet.

We’ll announce a Tacoma meeting in the next few days and we’ll likely be adding a second event in Seattle, one for the east side of Lake Washington, one in Olympia and most likely one in Bellingham.

Our volunteer kickoff meeting for for signature gatherers for Tacoma and Pierce County will be held on February 16 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the The Anna Lemon Wheelock Library at 3722 North 26th Street. (Directions here.)

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Make sure you all make it to Bellingham!! I will be there and gladdly gather signitures for it!! Long drive south for us messed up ones to make seattle..

Latest posts

Top Bottom