Waiting For Gender Signs

• Thread starter Growin Grass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growin Grass

Growin Grass

So I have 14 unsexed plants in gallon bags that are one month old (%75 super soil %25 light warrior)
I was hoping to sex them in the gallon bags but it's clear that isn't going to happen. The rest of my cooked up supersoil ( @GreenThumbBill thanks for the recipe) is waiting for them in three 15 gal smart pots. I'd like to transplant them into 3 gal smarties until I can sex them, but don't have the supersoil to do so. I was thinking about just dumping a little super soil in the bottom of the 3 gal and filling the sides in with straight promix, any thoughts farmly?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
you will be able to sex them i the gal bags just give it more time. its usually about 6 weeks give or take. once they get to thier 8th node most plants will start showing. if you top them it takes a little longer to show as the hormones get redirected to the next lower nodes to show preflowers. i sex all my plants in solo cups

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Thanks for the heads up about topping, was thinking about it.
I'll def keep an eye out, the biggest is at it's eighth node, most at about the sixth, about half of them have roots poking out the bottom already

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
should be within 2 weeks then. if they got roots poking through keep them watered and fed. that root system will really build and they will explod quickly when you up pot them. you wont really lose anytime

below frigid

below frigid

I might not use the 3 gallon smart pots if you decide to transplant before going into the big smarties. I would use the plastic pots. I have had trouble getting them out of the smaller smart pots without tearing up the roots. Mine are in 2 gallon plastics, some with roots sticking out the bottom. 8 weeks above ground. A few still have not shown.

G gnome

G gnome

At some point they are gonna need to be transplanted. When you do its important to use the same mix as before for moisture uniformity. If your light cycle is 24/0 your never gonna get preflowers

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

I might not use the 3 gallon smart pots if you decide to transplant before going into the big smarties. I would use the plastic pots. I have had trouble getting them out of the smaller smart pots without tearing up the roots. Mine are in 2 gallon plastics, some with roots sticking out the bottom. 8 weeks above ground. A few still have not shown.
Check this video out

At some point they are gonna need to be transplanted. When you do its important to use the same mix as before for moisture uniformity. If your light cycle is 24/0 your never gonna get preflowers
15/9

F

FooDoo

My kosher kush was under 24/0 and I wasn't trying to get sex to show but they did anyway. Maybe it's on a genetic to genetic basis? No idea. I was trying to just veg em out and clone them before flipping to figure out m/f

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

First def female, and the biggest Sour Jefe, nice side shoots & great smell. Def keeper, nothing but roots at the bottom.
Keep em growing

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
all plants will eventually show sex even under 24/0 some just take longer then others. i had a few take 10-11 weeks in my time but eventually you could find them pre hairs

Latest posts

Top Bottom