Wall Colors In Grow Room

• Thread starter Cannibal Joe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
When you get right down to it when deciding how to get the most out of your lighting a good quality white paint comes very close to the LRV (light reflective value) of mylar, orca or any of the other films out there.

It really is about splitting hairs when lrv's are just a few points off from each other.

SW has a white that comes very close to the touted lrv ratings of the best films on the market and at the end of the day using it has a much cheaper per square foot cost than films.........

SW 7757 High Reflective White
Interior Locator Number: 256-C1

R: 247 G: 247 B: 241
Hex Value: #f7f7f1
LRV: 93

The cons to using films are too numerous to mention..........

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Definitely paint for the cost effectiveness. I was considering using foam insulation board with the reflective foil on one side. I'd like to dampen the sound a little from my veg box. Any info/experience on the reflective value there compared to paint? Inquiring minds want to know.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Definitely paint for the cost effectiveness. I was considering using foam insulation board with the reflective foil on one side. I'd like to dampen the sound a little from my veg box. Any info/experience on the reflective value there compared to paint? Inquiring minds want to know.
cant help you there man. You would need to know the lrv rating of the film you want to use........

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Its a great way to spend more money.... It would be like a tent liner but white paint works too

Freshone

Freshone

When you get right down to it when deciding how to get the most out of your lighting a good quality white paint comes very close to the LRV (light reflective value) of mylar, orca or any of the other films out there.

It really is about splitting hairs when lrv's are just a few points off from each other.

SW has a white that comes very close to the touted lrv ratings of the best films on the market and at the end of the day using it has a much cheaper per square foot cost than films.........

SW 7757 High Reflective White
Interior Locator Number: 256-C1

R: 247 G: 247 B: 241
Hex Value: #f7f7f1
LRV: 93

The cons to using films are too numerous to mention..........
Not true!Orcafilm is 94% LRV and thats just 1 advantage of many,i agree its close in reflectance but theres more to it than that.Shit even flat white kilz primer is +90% if your just looking for the best deal.
Walk into an orca room and walk into a room with sw7557 and you can visually see the difference.
The best lighting manufacturers also recommend orca over everything else.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I'm considering the foamboard for sound dampening. The foil lining on one side is just a thought, instead of constructing double wall box just to use paint. Weighing the pros and cons during the design stage. I need a damn light meter to compare foil backing. I may just insulate soundbox for fan. Hmmmm.

P

PharmHand

I'm considering the foamboard for sound dampening. The foil lining on one side is just a thought, instead of constructing double wall box just to use paint. Weighing the pros and cons during the design stage. I need a damn light meter to compare foil backing. I may just insulate soundbox for fan. Hmmmm.
The black sound deadening foam from the foam shop works great. Could line the outside of your box. Shit ain’t cheap tho 100$ for a piece the size of a door, for the good stuff anyhow

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

If the difference in reflectivity is very slim then I'd go with the paint. Especially on a larger room. In a small enclosure, maybe the film. I see paint being much more durable too for wipe downs. I'd have to try both. "See it to believe it" kind of guy.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

The black sound deadening foam from the foam shop works great. Could line the outside of your box. Shit ain’t cheap tho 100$ for a piece the size of a door, for the good stuff anyhow
The outside has to stay plywood and boards. It's part of a stealth design. Lining the inside is the goal. Cheap too. Lol.

dan1989

dan1989

If the difference in reflectivity is very slim then I'd go with the paint. Especially on a larger room. In a small enclosure, maybe the film. I see paint being much more durable too for wipe downs. I'd have to try both. "See it to believe it" kind of guy.

Boom! Answer of the day is always try both and see.

Top Bottom