• Start date
  • Tagged users None
nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
great colors
:animbong:

I agree, amazing walls of multicolored mature buds! I feel there isn't much that can compete with the beauty of a room like that in person! Great work BC!

-Meeks

mack 10

mack 10

Great grow dude! A proper wall of green, i want one. Happy harvest:@). Mack

BC farmer

BC farmer

Thanks so much TF , this first thread has been a real positive experience and really appreciate the comment

datDANK

datDANK

so tell us your thoughts on 600 vs 1000
those are all 2 gallon pots?
how many numbers?
how many oz each. under 6oz?

BC farmer

BC farmer

We have finished up and the drying rack looks nicely stacked.

Going to do a couple changes for our next run.

New plants are in and about to be flipped. Mostly OG and PK this time. Pics will follow in three and half weeks.

Here a sneak preview to the next thread we will be starting in four weeks.
We built an addition to an existing garage. 20 light horizontal,25 plant srog, 5 ton AC split, Coco/Perlite medium in custom made beds.
Hope to share it with many of you as we are on relative unfamiliar territory with the Srog

IMG00791 20111014 1555
IMG00803 20111017 1627
Photo
nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Very cool BC, that room is looking clean already, I will be on the lookout for that log! I would like to recommend individual plant screens, it will make your life a ton easier when it comes to spraying and movings plants for any reason, including harvest. Good luck finishing out the build and getting everything setup!

-Meeks

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

thnx for posting !

very nice Nuken pics, i can't wait to puff that strain.... :cool0044:

BC farmer

BC farmer

So the end result of the Wall of Green was just over 5 with 3600 Watts.
There is room for improvement for sure.

If anyone wanted to do a similar set-up then go with a larger (wider) room and 1000W instead of 600W for the tiers. In addition the tiers could be spaced somewhat closer to each other as well.
Water is very labor intensive and a better solution for run off should be made when using Coco.

I am including some pics of the current two rooms. We are still trying to get the hang of Coco and just started flushing and switching over to Lucas and Epson salt after battling lock out with some of the plants which are a mixture of OG and Mighty Mite.
We flushed for two days now and tonight fed them 1/2 strength Lucas with full strength Epsons.

Does anyone know if Epsons salt has to be plant specific or does generic (store bought) do the trick?

P2220131
P2220130
P2220129
P2220128
dankworth

dankworth

Regular storebought is fine, don't send your girlfriend, because then she will get the scented kind for your bath.

Just playing. We just figured out the other day that there are just under 26 ppms of magnesium per gram of epsom per gallon. BTW I helped a guy that was not having good luck with lucas, he does coco. I think another nute ratio would work out better.
I dtw a coco mix. We have a recipe for dtw coco mix flowering food over in a nute thread, if you are into mixing 5 salts + a bag of micros. I spent 181.06 on 5 50 lb bags + micros. That would last you a while. It would nearly eliminate the nutrient cost.
I have found that I really like running teas in the coco mixes. Better performance. No real cost. I can point you to the best value on bennies, it would take a very small amount of them in a tea because teas cause the bacteria to propagate. So they are almost free. Plus I do kelp and humic from the ag store, and alfalfa and ewc in the tea. Teas can get you extra health and extra weight, and cut time off your veg.
If you are not using drip clean, that is one of the only products that I recommend from the store. It helps create a greater buffer of safety with runoff requirements, salt buildup, etc.
Enzymes are also great for mitigating salt buildup. My pond enzymes will not dissolve roots, but it will digest the salt crust that otherwise would try to form in places. The advantage to mine is that 15 mls does 100 gallons, so a quart for like 40 or something with shipping treats over 6000 gallons. I am sure you do not want to buy hygrozyme for your setup.

I was just wondering the other day when someone was going to get something really cool going on this site, it looks like that's you. Awesome work.

Trichomefan has a sweet setup with corrugated roofing at an angle with smart pots, draining to a gutter that drains elsewhere. He uses a drip manifold like the one found in Leadsled's tutorial.

Dude life is too short to handwater. You learn a ton doing it, but I think you are all learned out. My goal is to create a rock solid reliable chow mix dtw that I can leave unattended for a week at a time so I can have a life.

You don't have a life. Your plants have a life. You can't go places and do things because of handwatering. I feel you, dog.:cool0019:

I just halfassed myself together an irrigation manifold governed by a cap art-dne cycle timer. Loops of 1/2" off a 3/4" loop fed by 3/4" tubing because it was there. Laid the 1/2" loop across my line of tubs like your beds. Then I use a tool to punch holes for 1/4" tees sticking out the bottom of the 1/2" tubing. Make someone else put the tees in. That shit hurts after the first couple of dozen.

I think the Leadsled 3/4" pvc with the top hat grommets with 1/4" tubing coming out of it is better and cleaner than my version.
I had to MacGuyver;);) it together from parts I had already.

BTW, my res remains at a steady ph for a week with a pump on its side on the bottom to circulate it. So apparently no ph management devices will be necessary to be an absentee gardener.

Cool work you are doing.

BTW do not flush coco with water ever until the last 2 weeks. Coco needs to accumulate a certain amount of calcium and magnesium and lock it up until it has enough, then it lets the Ca and Mg be available to the plants. The flushing stripped away the Ca and Mg that you needed.

If you can, water with at least 50% runoff with your nutrient solution. And foliar them with light calmag.

And if you want something to keep them happy right now foodwise, I would recommend at this point to start a res with 1 ml/gal pro-tekt, 1 gram/gallon epsom salts(pre-diluted) and 1/2 cns-17 2-2-3, and 1/2 cns-17 2-2-5. So that way you would be like 2-2-4. You want more K because you have less coco and are therefore closer to hydro. Coco contributes lots of K(for bud size and trich development) and S(known to contribute to flavor, aroma and potency). Then add drip clean. There is a dude LEDhead that has a thread with a scrogged coco plant in an airpot that is using that combination of storebought nutes and doing very well, you should take a look at his plant. He has not had deficiencies since he switched from lucas.

Krasi

Krasi

Your way of growing looks interesting, never seen that before, nice

Latest posts

Top Bottom