Wanna become a millionaire?

• Thread starter Cat Jockey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

If you are a grower that has lived in state for at least 2 years, no felonies, clean taxes, etc., get your ass hooked up with a dispensary before Aug 1st.

By grower, I mean a purveyor of the digity dank, real deal weed.

NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO FUCKING GROW DOPE IN THE MMJ SCENE.

Okay, not quite nobody, but for fuck's sake man, this shit is ridiculous at this point.

I can't figure out if I am frustrated beyond words or laughing my ass off at all the people running around, throwing up gardens and producing shit.

I am venting, but for fuck's sake. And seriously, if you know what you are doing and are clean, the shit is legit, written into state law get moving. You have until 8-1 to get on paper with a dispensary.

This shit is going to get funny in Sept.

fractal

fractal

Can you explain a bit more what you are talking about? What changes in august legally for you guys in Colorado?

I bet there is an abundance of pretendo out there, but trust me it will get better. . California schooled growers are already leaving the state in order to risk a higher reward for their efforts in the midwest and east coast. After I get back on my feet i am looking to michigan or colorado. That will give me an excuse to be away from home for extended periods haha I love my gf but still. . . Get my pilot's license and franchise the california cannabis methods.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Most dispensaries in CO are too greedy to get a decent grower. btw every degenerate in CO, NM, CA, FL, TX ect wants a piece of the CO million dollar farce. What's keeping a grower from signing a contract after august 1st? Say hello to the FBI as soon as you sign the contract and become an employee.

no one knows how to PAY for dope in the MMJ scene...

true grit

true grit

August 1st is just the deadline for applications. The dispensaries with offsite facilities already have them and they are licensed, picking up a grower should be as easy as filling out a w-4, which can happen at any time...

Now if you want your own grow facility you needed to have secured property by early July and have all apps turned in and in process by Aug. 1st.

Sput- why say hello to FBI? Its a legal business, master growers have been operatin in some spots for some time now. But I do agree, no one knows how to PAY.

sky high

sky high

Not looking to become a millionaire..... just lookin to be able too keep growing and offering my patients FREE meds. This is getting harder to do as all of this unfolds.

It might be time for that co-op/Farmer's Mkt, grit.

I'm with sput. It all "seems" legal' but money is clouding heads all over this State and at some point there will be a correction in the system as more and more folks get lacadaisical and...um...actually believe this is "legal" and let their gaurds down. I think the DEA is merely waiting...same as the cops/drug task force guys do after they stake out the grow shop and take down yer info. they DON'T come in that day...they WAIT for you to get set up/get firmly into yer game...THEN they come.

maybe it's just 35+ years of hidin'/runnin'/avoiding' prosecution....but I'm havin a hard time believing that the Fed is gonna let folks grow as much pot here are they are setting up to do. And with the Cali election comin....I also think they are waiting to wage a LARGE campaign right before the election so they can garner as much public support AGAINST marijuana as a whole through their actions as they possibly can.

I hope i'm wrong....but until they dismantle the DEA or reclassify marijuana as something other than a schedule 1 drug....I think all possibilities are still on the table.

As far as PAYING...get ready for those 1099's and other taxable (traceable) docs to enter your grow op if you sell to these businesses. That'll make taxes >fun<, huh?

be safe all.

s h

true grit

true grit

I'm sincerely hopin/believe that there won't be any backlash if you are employed by these places. I mean folks gotta understand, its not like you are a quasi employee that just drops meds off for $$ like currently. If you get hired by one of these places you are either a salaried FT employee (just like the people managin or bud tending) or paid by the pound but still a FT employee. You don't get to sell anything or get paid for anything unless it comes out of the grow room that the business hiring you has provided. these people have massive umbrellas folks...that is if you shack up with the right shop, and not joe blow sayin he has his shit in line. Do it right and you will make some money, have a warehouse you don't pay for, and legal protection. But don't expect to be making primo a lb, it breaks down to production numbers at that point...

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

The marijuana bureau keeps record of all transactions (money, employees, sales, ect) that is free for the FBI to come view at any time. WHEN the laws change and you're a master grower for a dispensary, expect to be under surveillance for the rest of your natural life.

K

kuz

All employees give finger prints and need to pass a criminal history check, I dont see where it stipulates whether that is done by feds or not. Little spooky knowing some federal agency has a list of all mmj employees.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

All employees give finger prints and need to pass a criminal history check, I dont see where it stipulates whether that is done by feds or not. Little spooky knowing some federal agency has a list of all mmj employees.

It's not done by the feds, but the MJB sends info to the feds. It says info will be sent to the FBI in HB1284. It doesn't stipulate exactly what info will be sent, but you can be assured any records the MJB has will be sent to the FBI. Caregivers are still regulated through the CDPHE rules, still accessible to the FBI but they have to come here and dig through all that crap themselves. I would rather not have my taxable earnings considered income from cultivating a schedule 1 drug. The fed could take everything you own.

C

canaguy27

i find this thread title amusing. i was told by a russian that i would become a millionaire by overseeing his massive grow op.

he also told me that flowering time is only 4-5 weeks. the sad thing is that apparently many dispensaries are letting him grow their 70 percent.

true grit

true grit

It's not done by the feds, but the MJB sends info to the feds. It says info will be sent to the FBI in HB1284. It doesn't stipulate exactly what info will be sent, but you can be assured any records the MJB has will be sent to the FBI. Caregivers are still regulated through the CDPHE rules, still accessible to the FBI but they have to come here and dig through all that crap themselves. I would rather not have my taxable earnings considered income from cultivating a schedule 1 drug. The fed could take everything you own.

Same things happens when you apply for a concealed carry permit. You get fingerprinted, photographed (for face recognition), and you fill out crazy info to send straight CO and the FBI. Same thing happens when you open a liquor store, or pharmacy that has controlled substance. Shouldnt make a difference, you are an employee- they go after the company and the employees lose jobs after that. Once you are legally and gainfully employed what does it matter? You are paying taxes out the ass and lining the pockets of politicians...why would they harass a legal grower? Shouldnt be any concern unless you have more illegal ops and are supplying the black market...but when you have a paying job why bother? Maybe I'm just lost. I already assume they watch me daily and listen to phone calls- thats just part of the life- LOL!

Maybe i'm not so weirded out because I come from an illegal state and find a lotta folks overly concerned out here.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

It's letting the fed know that you're profiting by cultivating a schedule 1 drug is what it boils down to. Very risky if you ask me. I agree that if you pay your taxes and keep yourself 100% legit that it shouldn't be an issue, but I have a feeling the fed will not be so lenient and accepting of the industry in a couple of years. Degenerates have collapsed the MMJ scene and I don't think we can regain credibility before a change in power occurs once again. I really hope I'm completely wrong about this.

Cannaguy, that's the same Russian who told my friend to rob people for weed and sell it to him really cheap. The Russian won't be around for long, he'll get wrapped up in a RICO just like some of the grow stores (trading equipment for herb). The Russian is one of the degenerates I speak out against.

This one wasn't so lucky, these were rippers. This one hit way too close to home. Don't let shady people in your house, this is a shady business no matter how you cut it. Dude had to put the ripper down. 3 were tied up and beaten, one got loose and got a hold of a gun that one of the rippers put down. Tell the Russian it's a hell of a way to make a living.

4 week flowering time.. CJ has a point.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

I did admit to venting, but fuck, sombodies are, yes, going to become millionaires in this gig in a few short years.

The point of that was, with all the new regs, a dispensaries are fucked because a lot of them don't know the first fuckin' thign about growing and the growers pool shrunk quite a bit with new regs, specifically, no felonies, clean finances and taxes, live in state for 2 years.

More than one grower has split town. Granted, you can do an employee thing after Aug 1st, but after taht deadline, a grower loses power and the ability to get their name in the system for ownership so they can open their own dispensary, have a lisc grow space, etc.

If you are smart, believe it or not, you can set into place in the next week to have a legit grow going for a dispensary right now and the ability to open a dispensary of your own and ditch the disp you are hooked up with, or still grow for them if you want, one in 6 months, or 4 months, or when the fuck ever you want int the next year.

Loopholes. Gotta look for them. Hurry the fuck up though.

A grower loses a lot of income potential and power after Aug 1st. A good grower has the disp. system by the balls a lot, lot, lot more than people think right now. There are going to be product shortages in about one month.

Toodles. Gotta run.

true grit

true grit

Sput- I understand what you are saying bro, but thats pretty much ignoring the last 10+ years of business in Cali. I mean you got Richard Lee on every channel showing his grows to the world and stating how much tax money the federal government takes each year. This is nothing new, and actually the CO system is far more organized and regulated than any other model that has been operational for years now, with legal growers profiting legally for years on end. I really don't see any reason why they would be cracking down anytime soon, from what I see they are just learning how to actually capitalize. Our platform will just provide the platform for the next several states. Have you heard about Michigan and NJ? They have same shit going down as here....

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Be forewarned, many of the dispensaries have mafia ties. The one I was going to work with owes $75,000 to asian mafia (either vietnamese or chinese, I'm not really sure) and the plan was to repay the dispensary startup debt with cheap herb grown by ME ($2,500 a lb, I wouldn't agree to it). did anyone let ME know this? of course not. Is anyone going to let YOU know something like this? FUCK NO! What is the dispensaries most valuable asset if they can't pay off mafia debt because they can't run a business? YOU, the grower. you become mafia property to pay their debt or "mafia kill your famiry". Something to think about. I almost jumped in head first like CJ is talking about doing, but goddamn be careful if you decide to do so.

Be VERY weary about Russian or Vietnamese deals if you live in Denver.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

TG, it's high risk high gain and I'm not one to take that big of a risk. I tried to get into the business, but it's really gotten dirty in Denver. I wouldn't do a deal with anyone I didn't know before Jan 09 at this point.

Folks in Cali are still getting screwed with after 10+ years. I think it's a matter of time before the feds decide to make an example of Lee just like the did with Marc Emery. Lee is starting to mix politics and business just like Emery. They both love seeing their faces on TV. Just because Lee pays his taxes doesn't waive the authority of the Fed to prosecute him. They'll take his taxes, let him inflate his ego beyond rediculation, and then rape him for everything he is worth.

It's high risk. If you do it, don't be a target like Lee or Emery and you'll most likely be fine.

sky high

sky high

Liquor and Prescription drugs are both sanctioned/regulated/taxed by the Fed.

The production/transfer/etc of both are tracked/controlled/regulated.

MMJ is Schedule 1
MJ is not Federally sanctioned
MJ is not Federally taxed
MMJ is grown in a guy's basement w/o controls
MJ is illegal.

The Fed has full right to come in. It says so on yer card. Nothing has changed except the brazen-ness of the grower to believe he will not be caught/prosecuted and the fact that, unlike the illegal grows we all did for years, the grower is now required to spill the beans ON HIMSELF about what he is doing/where he is doing it/etc.

Secrecy is what kept you safe before. Don't be fooled by what the dispensaries tell you.
YOU will be charged with Conspiracy and Manufacture if the DEA comes just as the owners of the company/disp will. It's totally different than working for Walgreens as a pharmacist, IMO. The pharmacist doesn't MAKE the drug and the drug he sells has passed FDA approval and is 100% legal. Just not the same thing...not apples to oranges, IMO.

Ditto liquor. The guy behind the counter doesn't brew it/ferment it/bottle it and profit solely from it.

they MIGHT let you go as a "budtender" (employee with no real stake in the company)...but as the guy with a house er two full of a Schedule 1 drug you are manufacturing.....yer dreaming to think that anything Colorado says in their laws supercedes the federal laws on cultivation and the Fed thinks what we do is "OK".

the news is gonna get very interesting soon. "Set up, like a bowlin pin...."

CJ...we will meet any shortages. LOL. My prediction is that folks will soon get wise that there is a buncha weed for sale for FAR LESS than the dispesnsaries can ever sell for and as always...folks will migrate to the good deals rather than support an over-priced/over-controlled industry.

ROLLBACK, baby! ROLLBACK.

hope so....but we shall see.

wot a mess

s h

true grit

true grit

Lemme put it this way...I understand what you guys are saying, but thats the risk you take if you want to play ball by the rules. folks act like people haven't been doing this for years now LEGALLY. The Fed knows, has known whats going on, and more than likely already know whats going on in your basement- period. This idea that our lack of info kept you safe is not the case. $5 says they use this "CO specific" thread to keep easy tabs. Sorry but lets be realistic. You are in more danger by postin pics on here and sayin you live in CO- cuz at that point they don't know whos legal and whos not. IP blockers bla bla- they are the Fed. I'm sure their larger concern is gettin things inline and prepping for the next med state to step to our level- ala Michigan or NewJersey (pretty sure they will have their hands full before things get settled out there)....now you've got numerous cities/municipalities virtually decriminalizing nation wide....

Lets get a little bit realer....coming as I stated from an illegal state and most of my homies coming from illegal states- dudes, raids happen way more often than you realize in illegal states and cultivation is not the big hoopla you guys are making it out to be. I hate to throw it out there, but I know plenty of cats that have been raided by all different levels, and as long as they were not blowin it up in a resi- minimal problems. Not sayin scott free, but you get my drift. Again great attny's help. If the Fed wanted growers, then they would be nabbin em as they leave dispensaries right now selling openly- theres a reason, no taxes, no permits, yada yada....

Folks really worried- then just stay under a 100....or 999 if you have balls...

I mean if they start shuttin down Cali co-ops then I would think about being concerned if I was involved, but again, Oakland and others are moving forward at light speed.

It also depends on who would like this to become a legitimate career and who would like to stay in the basement. I for one would like to see this industry progress, and I believe it is for the most part. I have seen plenty of legit dispensaries (i understand what you are sayin sput, but i have yet to meet any mafia owned ill keep an eye out tho) steppin up to be ridiculously compliant.

Sure they will see shortages at dispensaries for sure...especially this first 6 months or so of growers trying to set up....it will also be funny to see which spots are hiring "master" growers in about 6 mos too...haha. But I don't see that dropping prices much on the black market for quality dank. Just like Cali, cheap meds get cheaper and dank stays the same. Last year they had an outstanding outdoor and that dropped prices overall across the state and flooded us with outdo meds....but if ya had dank it stayed close to same prices dispensary or not....and like TK stated before, ya know how often the danks actually make the shelves? LOL.

I agree though, a farmers market would still be a hoot !!

sky high

sky high

I hear ya bro.

Just remember that there are folks here who grew long before we had "med" when >>>all<<< growing was illegal here in CO and growers had to fear the COUNTY and STATE po-po AND their "drug task forces" along with the FED.....so yer preaching to the choir about the risks and shit of growing illegally here, IMO.

Truth be told....there are peeps here on this board who have been at this as long as you guys blowin it up >now< and talking how rough it's been in a legal sense have been alive on the planet! Much respect...but.....there's yer 'let's get a bit realer' right there on the topic of "illegal", bro! (no brag, just fact)

3 years ago or so we as MMJ patients were marvelling that a guy got his LIGHTS back from the cops. A year or so after that a patient got his meds back after a raid....though it took a year to get them.

Again we marvelled...and I think it's safe to say many were relieved and astounded we'd come so far....

so that is why i see it how i see it...as a long-termer here..... whatever that means in the scheme of things...if any. All I know is that I feel it's a huge stretch/jump/leap of faith to think we have gone from folks getting their equipment/pot back as patients to thinking that this is all somehow now >legal< in the eye of the Fed...even with people growing at numbers above federal levels.....all in less than a year! Woohooo.... now THAT is progress!

maybe i'm wrong and I'm falling behind because of it... but as one of those older folks who've been hammerin away at this for many. many years.... I've never seen things move as quickly as you want them to/believe they have.

in the end neither of us know for sure what will happen....but I for one will side with caution.....knowing that by doing so...even >IF< the doughnut-munchers are reading this...I am a MUCH smaller target than those who sign up as employees/master growers/whatever title you wanna place on it (other than co-conspirator) and knowing that all GOOD things come to those who wait...not the first guy down the trail (who is always eaten @ some point by the BIG bear in the forest). ;-)

Hey Fed...I have 6 plants in flower.....(hint: NOT in basement) ;-)

fuck...I forgot they can't READ. "Nevermind"

be safe, bro

s h

true grit

true grit

LOL love the last line. Hahaha.....

Yeah I feel ya man- though you know how old I am, I have been involved for more than half my life now and only the last year has been legal so i feel ya....guess i've just come up in a new age where the last decade has been about pushing boundaries and covering ground by the day. Guess my generation just doesn't stop pushing...

I know 3 years ago I too was marvelling at the same thing out here and preachin how huge of a precedent that set nationally. So was the patient getting his plants back...huge and trust me you guys here weren't the only ones stoked about it. But you also have to realize that 3 years ago I was also able to walk into a dispensary in Oakland without a card and buy pot legally from a business that had legal growers for years prior to me showing up. And that those legal growers are getting paid and taxed, and that those businesses have been getting paid and taxed for some time. And that amazingly I could have a convo with a law dog while puffing a joint. This is nothing new, CO is not special in terms of MMJ or harassment- actually its the special for the contrary- We have the MOST organized MMJ state law on the books, and due to Obama fucking up and saying he will not harass folks following state law for mmj...kinda shot themselves in the foot after seeing how specific our laws are and how much leeway/leniency in numbers there are. But again if folks think the Fed wasn't here taking part in determining those numbers...you must be smoking some of that $1400/oz shit! They are here, they know where the 3000 plant grows are, where they have been and that they've been operational before the law even got clarified this far....

SH- but it does feel good to say I am NOT one of those and that Yes, I am Am. 20 and HB1284 compliant here. :nod

Top Bottom