Wanna Build A "storage Shed" In Backyard..

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

@G gnome what you think on the last dimensions I ppsted? would that work? think that would leave enough work space.

G gnome

G gnome

so the the dimensions I stated wouldn't leave me enough room huh? what size would be good to dry trim and work and all that stuff. I've never built anything like this so idek where to begin..

maybe 5x8 bloom and 4x4 veg? that would leave me with like 3x12 and 4x12 somewhere right?

@G gnome what you think on the last dimensions I ppsted? would that work? think that would leave enough work space.
Hard to say man. Theres a lotta factors to consider. ...budget, goals, etc....
Lemme make a lil drawing for ya as an example. .....gimme a lil bit and I'll be back w a plan.....

bankcee

bankcee

Hard to say man. Theres a lotta factors to consider. ...budget, goals, etc....
Lemme make a lil drawing for ya as an example. .....gimme a lil bit and I'll be back w a plan.....

budget isn't really a problem. but I don't want it any bigger than 12x12. that's my limit. my goals are to pull 2-3 Ls every month to 2 months.

H

Hookup

This company delivers them to your house or if you have no access they build on site.
http://www.shedworld.com/sheds.html
They have a few locations with a alot of different designs you can look at to see what suits you.If you want to get ideas to build it yourself you can go there and shoot a bunch of pics and take some measurements.I have a couple of their sheds i use for storage.

bankcee

bankcee

This company delivers them to your house or if you have no access they build on site.
http://www.shedworld.com/sheds.html
They have a few locations with a alot of different designs you can look at to see what suits you.If you want to get ideas to build it yourself you can go there and shoot a bunch of pics and take some measurements.I have a couple of their sheds i use for storage.

how much you think I would end up saving? vs paying for this.. anyone? I might be able to get most of my wood for free. 2x4s plywood and stuff like that.

H

Hookup

If you have no access for delivery and you plan on building it on site id consider pouring a concrete slab and building on that vs. the 4x8 skids they usually build on,no need to insulate floors that way.If you have the skills/tools to DIY it you can save the labor cost which is roughly half or a little more of the total cost.Id guess materials to be 1000-1500 if you had to buy them,labor is about the same.They want 3 Gs for a 12x12 but i bet if you waved 25 or 26 cash under their nose they would do the deal if you have access to drop the the pre built.They deliver on a roll off trailer so they have to be able to back right in to where you need it dropped or else you have to build on site.Sometimes the savings dont equal the convenience of someone else doing it for you when you figure in the time spent and the tools and skills you need to do it right,depends on you.

bankcee

bankcee

you draw that up @G gnome ? I'm interested in seeing yours I drew a little something lol but I can imagine my self working in the space that is free.. lol I can't picture it.

G gnome

G gnome

you draw that up @G gnome ? I'm interested in seeing yours I drew a little something lol but I can imagine my self working in the space that is free.. lol I can't picture it.

Even if u dont do concrete floor i dont see how u can build this for kess than 2500 in material unless u get a bunch o shir free from work.
Each 600w hps will cover 4'×4'. So 3 across the back wall will be perfect. Ul be left w a 2' walk way in ur flower rm so u can service the garden
In veg u can use the 400w mh for ur mother plants and u might be able to get away w less than 2 2×4 t5 lights for veg. U can use ur other lil rm for storing nutes and transplanting as well as drying and trimming.

bankcee

bankcee

that's roughly 12 by 8 bloom with a 4x6 veg? that's seems better. also what supplies would I need? think you can help me create a list and I'll see what I can get free and then I'll put this all into motion.

tools I think I have but if you can help me with that that would be great..

G gnome

G gnome

that's roughly 12 by 8 bloom with a 4x6 veg? that's seems better. also what supplies would I need? think you can help me create a list and I'll see what I can get free and then I'll put this all into motion.

tools I think I have but if you can help me with that that would be great..
I figured for a 6x12 flower rm and a 6x6 veg.
Yeah i can help ya w a materials list. Ya got a lotta decisions to make....wood floor or concrete? Siding? Trusses or rafters? Gable or hip?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

What is your budget?
You need to think about all the other stuff involved.
Insulation, drywall, paint, ventilation, A/C,
Electrical.
Are you going to dig a trench for the main wiring?
I don't think overhead wiring is legal or up to code. You don't want city inspectors messing with you because you didn't pull a permit if needed.

bankcee

bankcee

I figured for a 6x12 flower rm and a 6x6 veg.
Yeah i can help ya w a materials list. Ya got a lotta decisions to make....wood floor or concrete? Siding? Trusses or rafters? Gable or hip?
since you know the biz. let's go cheapest.. everything.. but give me a pricing on wood vs concrete. and which would I prefer.. brotha I appreciate all the help!!

bankcee

bankcee

What is your budget?
You need to think about all the other stuff involved.
Insulation, drywall, paint, ventilation, A/C,
Electrical.
Are you going to dig a trench for the main wiring?
I don't think overhead wiring is legal or up to code. You don't want city inspectors messing with you because you didn't pull a permit if needed.

I got like 2 gs. probably more. but I might be able to get lumber free. basically if not all most of the frame work.. ventilation is another area idek know where to begin with. what do you suggest. I've tried looking up people doing what I'm trying and not much popped up. how would I need to ventilate it? I was figuring sealing it and using co2. but if I didn't wanna use co2 how would I accomplish this?

also electrical.. what route would I take. gonna run 4 lights max. maybe all 6-1ks. going to run 12/12. how would I supply electricty. I have a breaker in my garage that doesn't really power anything other than the lighting I have in the garage when lights are on. my dad use to run a hydraulic business so he used it for honing and press machines he would run. but not anymore. where i plan on building the shed would be about 50-100 feet from my garage/breaker box.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Honestly 2k is not even close.
It's enough to get the shed built. Not even close to cover the full build to grow.
For example a trench digger is about $350 a day to rent.
Your doing to need at least 50-75 amps to do it right .
100 feet of wire is going to cost about $500-$800 then you need the piping also.
You will most likely need a mini split. Figure a few grand there.
Like @CannabisJohn said. He spent something like 10-12k to fully build it.
Remember the saying, buy once and cry once.

G gnome

G gnome

Honestly 2k is not even close.
It's enough to get the shed built. Not even close to cover the full build to grow.
For example a trench digger is about $350 a day to rent.
Your doing to need at least 50-75 amps to do it right .
100 feet of wire is going to cost about $500-$800 then you need the piping also.
You will most likely need a mini split. Figure a few grand there.
Like @CannabisJohn said. He spent something like 10-12k to fully build it.
Remember the saying, buy once and cry once.
I agree with everything you just sed!

Top Bottom