Want Free 0 Ppm Water? No Filtering?

• Thread starter Junk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junk

Junk

I can tell you how to get 0 ppm water. All you gotta do is place a perfect & clean bucket outside in the rain, & collect rain water. Rain water is often 0 ppm. The problem is to collect enough rain water this way, you would need to place hundreds of buckets outside.

Would you settle for 3-5 ppm water? If so, you can just collect your roof run off. If you have gutter system, let it run into a cistern. If you have no gutters just place buckets in a strategic location so as to collect as much as possible.

I learned this actually from window cleaning. I had a business for 12 years or so, & we would give customers a rain guarantee. That if it rained within a week & messed up the windows, that we would come back to fix it. It's just a marketing gimmick. We don't have to come back to fix it, because rain water being 0 ppm or close to it, if left on a clean window, will dry with no streaks, marks, anything. It's as if it never existed.

Also with tall window cleaning, we would use a water fed pole that filtered water through an intense system to make it 0 ppm. You can clean windows with 0 ppm water, because the water's solvent properties are heightened. So you can clean from the ground with just water & a good brush. You rinse the water off, & it's the cleanest window you could ever see.

Roots need to shed. They get that naturally with soil. In a hydro system, I've noticed a difference since having enough rain water to use 3-4ppm water. & my theory is the water is harsher on the root system, allowing fresh layers to be available, absorbing more nutrients. Roots don't seem to have a film on them, or a coating...they just look better.

I don't know. Just thought I would share the info. Here is a pic of my collected rain water (not the roof run off, that was consistently 3 or 4 ppm.

Want free 0 ppm water no filtering

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Technically this isn't legal in many places. A lot of municipalities require you acquire a permit to collect rain water. Case in point, a man in Oregon is facing time in prison because he collected water on his ranch for X number of years and the state has filed criminal charges saying he stole water they rightfully owned. The theory is the rain runoff will feed water sheds and rivers. If people collect it, they're preventing it from going where it naturally would.

Another option that I've been utilizing is catching the water that is condensate from the refrigerated air system that cools my current home. This is water that is not accounted for by the municipality and if they try to say I'm stealing water, I'll tell them to sit on one and twist because fuck em.

Good idea though! Just make sure if one is going to do this to check their local regulations and make sure they aren't opening themselves up to some medial legal BS that could lead to bigger issues. Rain water offers many other benefits as well, it's excellent for your hair (learned this from one of my sisters.)

Junk

Junk

Technically this isn't legal in many places. A lot of municipalities require you acquire a permit to collect rain water. Case in point, a man in Oregon is facing time in prison because he collected water on his ranch for X number of years and the state has filed criminal charges saying he stole water they rightfully owned. The theory is the rain runoff will feed water sheds and rivers. If people collect it, they're preventing it from going where it naturally would.

Another option that I've been utilizing is catching the water that is condensate from the refrigerated air system that cools my current home. This is water that is not accounted for by the municipality and if they try to say I'm stealing water, I'll tell them to sit on one and twist because fuck em.

Good idea though! Just make sure if one is going to do this to check their local regulations and make sure they aren't opening themselves up to some medial legal BS that could lead to bigger issues. Rain water offers many other benefits as well, it's excellent for your hair (learned this from one of my sisters.)

Good to know. I've never heard of such a thing.

When the govt can tell me I can't use the rain the rain that falls on my property how I want to, you know something is wrong. As far as I'm concerned, when I bought my property, I bought the land, house, air & water that falls on it. Rain doesn't belong to anyone (fundamentally in my opinion). But check your local regulations in case they feel otherwise.

Junk

Junk

Umm. It never rains in SoCal!

They should write a song about that!

Well, let's assume that to do this you need to have rain. ;)

The distilled water that I purchase was about 90 ppm. The water through my Pur filter is 94. My house ppm is 134.

The rain from off my roof, was always 3-4 ppm.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That man in Oregon had built huge ponds and was diverting surface waters. He was *not* 'just' collecting rainwater. That said, yes, it's illegal in many states. Not in California after 2012 and the California Rainwater Reclamation Act was passed.

That said, test your rainwater for NO3. It's a common way for plants to get N and it's actually generated electrical activity in the atmosphere, or something like that. My rainwater (and I'm in the Sierra Nevada) is never 0EC. Ever.

Wanna know what water I'm getting that *is* 0EC? From my dehuey.
It rained when I was down there last week! POURED on my driving through Riverside, RIGHT after a friend's son had washed my grimy car. :o

S

SHIRDABZALOT

States have claimed you can't collect rain water......until one guy brought a case to the state because "their" rainwater flooded his property and caused a bunch of damage he then sued the holy living shit out of them. The attorney general quickly looked at what was "theirs" after that. The guys attorney argued that if it was the states water and it was illegal to collect it and and subsequently the collection would of prevented the property damage, then it was the states fault that the damage occurred. He won.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

States have claimed you can't collect rain water......until one guy brought a case to the state because "their" rainwater flooded his property and caused a bunch of damage he then sued the holy living shit out of them. The attorney general quickly looked at what was "theirs" after that. The guys attorney argued that if it was the states water and it was illegal to collect it and and subsequently the collection would of prevented the property damage, then it was the states fault that the damage occurred. He won.

Ahahaha!! That is possibly one of the best things ive ever heard. Kudos to that guy

Junk

Junk

That man in Oregon had built huge ponds and was diverting surface waters. He was *not* 'just' collecting rainwater. That said, yes, it's illegal in many states. Not in California after 2012 and the California Rainwater Reclamation Act was passed.

That said, test your rainwater for NO3. It's a common way for plants to get N and it's actually generated electrical activity in the atmosphere, or something like that. My rainwater (and I'm in the Sierra Nevada) is never 0EC. Ever.

Wanna know what water I'm getting that *is* 0EC? From my dehuey.

It rained when I was down there last week! POURED on my driving through Riverside, RIGHT after a friend's son had washed my grimy car. :eek:

I've been using my DH water since I started this. I just empty it into a bucket & re-oxygenate it.

But I was starting with water that was 134 ppm. Starting with 4 has made a large difference. Roots look healthier, whiter, cleaner.

My meter doesn't have a way to test EC, but they are related somehow aren't they?

That was my first thought when @tobh mentioned that. If the rain water is theirs, the next time my basement floods I'm going to sue the town. Or the next time we have record breaking snowfall here in New England (last year was hell!) I'm gonna call the town to come remove the snow. If it's their snow, I want it off my property. They can come shovel off my roof, like I did 3 times last year.

Although I think I have a game over rebuttal. Where does all water go eventually? People are collecting rain water to dump, divert, or otherwise use on their plants, or whatever they are gonna use it for. It's all eventually going back to the ground anyway.

All we do with it at my house is collect it to use on the veggies & fruit trees when it doesn't rain & they need water. I borrow 10 gallons of it per week, but then I dump it right back outside.

Really, the only change at all is exactly when & where the water falls, & it's a matter of days & meters. Is it really worth it for the govt to go sticking their noses into such a fundamental right over something that is of little consequence. (unless you live in an entirely agricultural area, but then still, farmers need rain to survive?!) I would go absolutely ape shit on a public official who stepped onto my property & said I can't collect the rain, that they own the rain. Funny, you don't look like God? lol

So, if the town's/state's problem is that it doesn't rain with enough predictability, isn't that the exact same problem people who are collecting it are fighting? In other words, now the argument is just about who can do it lawfully, & who can't, when apparently, it's a 0 sum game. People are storing rain water for a couple days, to a couple weeks tops. Either I collect it & use it & you get it a couple days later, or I don't & you get it now. It seems in their best interest to just leave it be. But I'm not in an agricultural area.

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

for real things are dying around my plants 32 days since last rainfall with sometimes 15% humidity ...hopefully I can collect as much of this El Niño rain this winter to make it through next season I have a ton of those big 55 gallon greek olive barrells ready.

MajorPrune

MajorPrune

It's not free, but a 5 gal jug filled at a water machine is $1.75 around here. It's always under 10ppm and they date the last filter change on the front. Works great for personal-size grows.

Junk

Junk

It's not free, but a 5 gal jug filled at a water machine is $1.75 around here. It's always under 10ppm and they date the last filter change on the front. Works great for personal-size grows.

At the risk of sounding extremely stupid, what/where is a "water machine?"

MajorPrune

MajorPrune

At the risk of sounding extremely stupid, what/where is a "water machine?"

Should have been clearer, sry :)

side_feat_GWprods.jpg

It's like a Vending/Soda Machine except it dispenses water into your container 1 or 5gal at time. Usually in front of convenience stores. Glacier is the brand around here on the Central-Coast of California.

Junk

Junk

I've never seen or heard of such a thing (except the ice). That would certainly be easier than collecting rain water if there is a place near me.

I don't do the food shopping, but I regularly go to supermarkets. It's amazing how different places can be, within the same country.

Watch, now I'm going to see one at the next plaza I go to.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Yeah we got those down in Southern cali SD county. Really 1.75? I thought it was more like 5-10

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Check at Walgreens @Junk they nearly always have them. Not sure if Walgreens has locations over there, but if not CVS should be around and if not, then look for a major chain pharmacy lol. Never been to the East Coast and I know ya'll have different stuff but would assume Walgreens would be around.

Junk

Junk

Check at Walgreens @Junk they nearly always have them. Not sure if Walgreens has locations over there, but if not CVS should be around and if not, then look for a major chain pharmacy lol. Never been to the East Coast and I know ya'll have different stuff but would assume Walgreens would be around.

Def not at CVS, I go there all the time. I will have to check out Walmart.

C

carsonite

google Culligan some individual branch offices have a dispenser outside. there is one in W. Sea .50 cents a gallon. probably about if not cheaper than tap water in most of the country. definately cheaper than 1 liter of bottled anywhere, except maybe MAYBE Costco

Latest posts

Top Bottom