Want people opinion on using kief instead of trim in bubble-bag

• Thread starter ZeusyJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

ZeusyJ

I love keif, its one of my favorite forms of weed, but i also love the bubbly greatness of bubble hash, and i wanna know what about two ounces of keif, that is pretty much blonde, has a slight green hint to it, but its very fine powder already, was wondering what that would maybe look like through an 8 bag filteration.

M

Monkeymonk840

It will b fine just make sure it agitates enough so it docent gunk up. It'll b ok. Just more pure. Get water ice cold b4 putting in kief. And than Put in. If u get it out fast it will not lose much flavor from water.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Um... I'm not getting it. Isn't kief essentially exactly the same thing as what you get when you make bubble, except it's in dry form? And then how would you be separating plant material from the kief? Why even put it through bubble bagging?

I personally don't see you achieving anything except wet kief. But if you try it and it works, post back and let us know. Seems to be added effort that's unnecessary to my eyes, though.

M

MIway

Never actually tried this, but it would stand to reason that it could work... assuming the glands are all ruptured from the kiefing.

Sea... I love the kief, but it doesn't ever come out as bubble for me... has the stalks & a touch of green matter in it, always. Only way is if I do a really quick light run & then I only get a small amount... the rest of the material still holds a shit ton of kief, just that I gotta process all the stalks & plant flakes to get at it. It just doesn't bubble... but I don't have the Skunkman Secret either... lol ;-)

Blaze

Blaze

I agree with Seamiaden, this would be totally redundant I think. If you are seeing contaminants in your kief there are far easier ways to screen it than running it through an 8 bag set. Trying using a one or two different silk screens to remove the extra crap that is in there. So for example, most silk screens are somewhere in the 180-220 range - large enough to let in a lot of contaminants. Get yourself a 160 micron screen, filter the keif through that after the first extraction. Then filter it again through something in the 60 or 70 micron range and then collect what is on TOP of the screen. That should remove both the larger and small contaminants from the kief.

Or just make sure there are no contaminants on the first run. It can be tricky to make full melt keif but it can be done. Freeze it first, be gentle with it, never push it into the screen, and you can get stuff that is as melty as most good bubble hash.

Z

Zedekia

Try dry ice and no water withthe size bag you want your final product to go through.

20north

kief might clog it??????

no..................

I run dry sift through bags all the time because then you get cleaner sift and its easier to then grade them all / sort

who ever said kief might clog it has never used bubble bags before.......

just do it normally with ice . you can use a drill when using dry sift because theres very little plant material left over

do it ! it will look great. most likely some super sticky full melty stuff and well something just more interesting than what you have now.
MAKE SURE TO REUSE THE WATER! AND DO 2 runs at least i like 3....... i would mix for 25 then let it sit for 35... or 40... instead of 30

Top Bottom