Want to add fertigation system to my indoor room

• Thread starter Aloha4dayz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aloha4dayz

Aloha4dayz

Hey guys like the title says. I want to try and some sort of drip system I can water the girls with. I do run teas but they are strained. The long term plan is to switch over to living soil in fabric beds.

Does anyone have any experience with setting up a cheap but effective drip system indoors?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Aloha!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
How many plant are you watering? What size containers?

Aloha4dayz

Aloha4dayz

Aloha DB I am running 12 5 gallon pots with soil. FF OF cut with perlite and amended with some stuff.

I was thinking about 1/2" main drip line to 1/4" soaker hose circling the around the pot making like a bullseye shape from the outside and ending at the stock. I have a nice magdrive pump that should create alot of pressure. But I also dont want to blow it out either?

Any experience with soaker 1/4" drip DB?

Aloha4dayz

Aloha4dayz

I ordered about $40 worth of drip equipment off amazon this am. For the price I am going to try making the above mentioned setup work. I will post pics etc when completed.

In the meantime. Anyone want to send me in a different direction?

ALoha

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've never used the soakers no. But if you're using a high pressure submersible you'll want to put a pressure regulating valve on there and dial it down to like 30psi or so.

If the plants arent above the height of the res you'll also need to install a siphon break so you dont accidentally drain your res.

If it were me, I'd forget about the soakers and instead use 6 rainbird 1/4" 6 port manifolds and run 3 naked ended lines to each plant in 5 gals.

Aloha4dayz

Aloha4dayz

I've never used the soakers no. But if you're using a high pressure submersible you'll want to put a pressure regulating valve on there and dial it down to like 30psi or so.

If the plants arent above the height of the res you'll also need to install a siphon break so you dont accidentally drain your res.

If it were me, I'd forget about the soakers and instead use 6 rainbird 1/4" 6 port manifolds and run 3 naked ended lines to each plant in 5 gals.

Would I need to install 2 gph drippers on each line to ensure an even watering or no need?

Aloha4dayz

Aloha4dayz

No need. Just make sure the distribution manifold is a closed circuit and not a straight line, and make sure it's as level as can be. Drippers are nothing but a headache
PVC or plastic tubing for the 1/2 line?

I dont want to use any chemicals so maybe pvc will leak?

Latest posts

Top Bottom