Want to discuss Mushroom cultivation

• Thread starter Snicklefritz88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Hey what's goin on, just wanted to start a thread for some conversation about mushrooms.heres a couple recent pics. I'm using wild birdseed and spawning to bulk in monotubs with cvg.
Want to discuss mushroom cultivation
Want to discuss mushroom cultivation 2
Want to discuss mushroom cultivation 3

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
MarkDm

MarkDm

Hi,
That looks good.
ordered lions mane, so i will be watching this closely.

one question i have for you.
can you make macig truffels out of that “root ball” or where does that come from?

Last edited:
Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

Hi,
That looks good.
ordered lions mane, so i will be watching this closely.

one question i have for you.
can you make macig truffels out of that “root ball” or where does that come from?
Truffles require a stone producing strain. I've grow Tampanensis. They're extremely easy to grow. Just prep grains noc it up and wait for about 4 months. Next harvest the stones, toss the rest into a tub with coir and wait for the fruits to pop up and harvest them. After that harvest the stones from the coir. They're generally bigger than the ones from jar.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Truffles require a stone producing strain. I've grow Tampanensis. They're extremely easy to grow. Just prep grains noc it up and wait for about 4 months. Next harvest the stones, toss the rest into a tub with coir and wait for the fruits to pop up and harvest them. After that harvest the stones from the coir. They're generally bigger than the ones from jar.
Exactly. It has to be a stone producing strain which there are a few of. The stones that I have grown have been Tampanesis and Atl7. Here's some of mine that I've grown I let them go for a while maybe A month or two and they came out real strong.
IMG 20221108 125254
IMG 20221108 145016 1

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I want to move on from monotubs to bags But I need a flow hood, wondering if I can just use a FFU. Also wondering if it's better to just build one. Looking for something 24"×48". Anybody have any advice on this? I'm being very Indecisive on this because they're pretty expensive and don't want to spend the money until I know I'm getting the right thing.

K

Kamisama

Do u grow truffles in bags?
Do also other non-psy truffle strains grow this fast?

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Do u grow truffles in bags?
Do also other non-psy truffle strains grow this fast?
I haven't tried bags yet but I'd like to. These are the only truffles I've grown and did them in tubs.

K

Kamisama

I haven't tried bags yet but I'd like to. These are the only truffles I've grown and did them in tubs.
They r huge! How do they taste?
What substrate, temp, humidity did u have? How often did sprinkle water on it?

Top Bottom