WANT TO GROW, HELP PLEASE

• Thread starter SmartestSmarty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SmartestSmarty

Hello all, i am new to this, first i just wanted to start my own grow thread to help me through this journey and my first question is, is it possible to grow something without tents and artificial lights?

TreeBee

TreeBee

Thanks. What about when it’s a country with seasons, does that mean you can only grow once a year? I don’t even know how long it takes to grow, or which month you would start?
If you have a short outdoor season you can do autos in 10 weeks. Without lights you are limited to when the sun wants to play. I have no space for an indoor grow. I started my plants inside a cardboard box so I could have the light on while I slept and it didnt light up my whole house. I had a cheap 150w light from amazon that I use for my veggie starts. You dont need to drop thousands to try it out and see if you like it.

TreeBee

TreeBee

Not sure if you are on the app or website but in the drop down menu theres a link just called "learn" its got a lot of things you should know and are probably wondering about there. Not that asking questions is bad, quite the opposite but it may take less time than waiting for people to answer.

Galgrows

Galgrows

Or some curly CFL lights in a empty closet or large box. Not sure where your at but i'm in the states i grow outdoors and use short flowering indica strains that i start indoor under CFL lights about 2 months before they can go outside which is now i got them outdoors.

S

SmartestSmarty

Thanks for all the advice so far. At the moment I’m kind of considering which country to live in with relaxed laws around it, and also good growing conditions. But for now. I’m in a country with a very mild summer, rest of the year it’s cloud or rain.

TreeBee

TreeBee

Thanks for all the advice so far. At the moment I’m kind of considering which country to live in with relaxed laws around it, and also good growing conditions. But for now. I’m in a country with a very mild summer, rest of the year it’s cloud or rain.
Wow thats a luxury. I am in Canada, its pretty relaxed here. There are weed stores but a lot of people still buying illegal weed because its better and cheaper in most cases. You are allowed to have 4 plants in Canada but many do more than that. The growing season varies widly in Canada, the south west coastal area is the best climate for growing. Still getting occational snow in other places.

S

SmartestSmarty

I started smoking and going to the gym a few months ago, it actually made me enjoy it a lot, and I could feel my body, I felt connected and grounded. My body changed so much, I knew this was a helpful plant. I had been to the gym before without and after months I never changed that much. One month with weed and the gym and I saw so much difference.

But then… I started to notice some red patches on my scalp, which looked like psoriasis, I went to the doctor, they gave me some shampoo and something to treat it. I stopped smoking and it went away.

Now I’m not sure what to do really, I think this plant helped me so much, but it might affect my skin in the wrong way.

I’ve had it now and then since then and every time I enjoy it. I am not addicted it was easy to stop when I wanted, but I think it is actually beneficial. I’m just not sure what to do now.

I was thinking if I grew it myself I will know it is clean and free from any chemicals or additives that might have caused the skin reaction.

Maybe the skin reaction was unrelated?

Or maybe just smoking in general is bad for my skin?

Any one had any similar experience or advice about this?

S

SmartestSmarty

I tried vaporising it as well to see if it was burning it that caused it, but honestly vaping it is sh*t

TreeBee

TreeBee

It can actually worsen some skin conditions and you can be allergic to cannabis too.

S

SmartestSmarty

It can actually worsen some skin conditions and you can be allergic to cannabis too.
If that’s the case it would be very annoying because I think it uplifts my mood, makes me more productive, I think more creatively than usual and my workouts are great.

TreeBee

TreeBee

If that’s the case it would be very annoying because I think it uplifts my mood, makes me more productive, I think more creatively than usual and my workouts are great.
You can always try again and see if it comes back or not. Do you remember what the doctor called the skin issues?
Edibles are another option to try. Not sure if eating it will improve or worsen things but its another method of delivery so you could get better results. There is some information online if you do some googling cannabis+skin conditions

S

SmartestSmarty

How large does a general home grown plant grow to? In terms of g or oz?

So, where is best to start my process of learning?

I’m ready to give it a go.

TreeBee

TreeBee

How large does a general home grown plant grow to? In terms of g or oz?

So, where is best to start my process of learning?

I’m ready to give it a go.
In the menu there is a link "Learn" start there. It is packed with more info than you could hope to jam into your head for the next few months. Also some of the grow diaries are really helpful and the search funcion works well for specific questions that may pop up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom