Want to swap Armor Si for Power Si Bloom

• Thread starter LEDhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LEDhead

LEDhead

I’m using Armor Si with Jacks 3-2-1 and CALiMAGic in coco. Wanted to trade out the armor Si for Power Si Bloom since I’m still early in flower (day 6) but not sure how much to use. My nutrients are at a 2.2ec 1098ppm and what I’ve read people are dropping there ppm’s a bit to avoid burn. I’m using 2.5ml of armor si per gallon now. So o guess my question is has anyone changed out these and if so what was the ratio used? Thanks for any help, here’s some pics of my current scrog

Want to swap armor si for power si bloom
Want to swap armor si for power si bloom 2
Want to swap armor si for power si bloom 3
LEDhead

LEDhead

Go for the Agsil 16h.. i havent looked back since.
No lockout issues? I’m concerned the amount available will lock out not just Calcium but others. There’s gotta be a reason why others are so low in %, but yeah I’ve been debating getting that also.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
No lockout issues? I’m concerned the amount available will lock out not just Calcium but others. There’s gotta be a reason why others are so low in %, but yeah I’ve been debating getting that also.

Marketing is one. Buying more of the product is another. Why pay a buck a gallon when you can pay 500 bucks plus? Sweet deal on their end. As the amount available goes up you use less product. Get more bang for your buck. Has to do with source. Pot silica vs Silicic acid.

In the end for that plant available doesnt care which source it comes from. Silicic has other things going on for it, if you are mixing it with other things and using it as a foliar, but when it comes to an Si source at the root zone it's all about availability. You will never be using enough Pot Silica for it to matter on the K side of things unless you are fucking blasting your plants with bloom boosters already. If that's the case you have other things to worry about before Si. You can run an excess of 100 ppm of Si supposedly without drawbacks but Ive never even come close to that. Like 16-30 ppm.

Agsil I use at 16g per 40 gals. That's the same dose as Dynagro Pro-Tekt @ 2.5ml per gal.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

Also like to mention on this it has to do with saturation when mixing concentrates. You can only dilute so much Pot Silica into water to make a concentrate w/o it precipitating out of the solution or for long term storage. Why dry is usually better then liquids.

infam0usgro

infam0usgro

I’m using Armor Si with Jacks 3-2-1 and CALiMAGic in coco. Wanted to trade out the armor Si for Power Si Bloom since I’m still early in flower (day 6) but not sure how much to use. My nutrients are at a 2.2ec 1098ppm and what I’ve read people are dropping there ppm’s a bit to avoid burn. I’m using 2.5ml of armor si per gallon now. So o guess my question is has anyone changed out these and if so what was the ratio used? Thanks for any help, here’s some pics of my current scrog

Also looking back at this thread, you mentioned you are using calimagic on top of your jacks 321. If i remember correctly, part B is your calcium nitrate, and your 1( magnesium sulfate) is your mag. No need to use cali magic, your 321 already has what you need.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Also like to mention on this it has to do with saturation when mixing concentrates. You can only dilute so much Pot Silica into water to make a concentrate w/o it precipitating out of the solution or for long term storage. Why dry is usually better then liquids.

about 3% you can also buy the max % already mixed. bloom city silica..

LEDhead

LEDhead

Also looking back at this thread, you mentioned you are using calimagic on top of your jacks 321. If i remember correctly, part B is your calcium nitrate, and your 1( magnesium sulfate) is your mag. No need to use cali magic, your 321 already has what you need.
That ones as needed so I add the lowest amount 1.25ml per gallon just for the extra cal mag but cutting it out after this week

infam0usgro

infam0usgro

That ones as needed so I add the lowest amount 1.25ml per gallon just for the extra cal mag but cutting it out after this week

No need to pay for water bottled nutes. Thats all, ive paid my share of water and boy im thankful that i aint doing it no more. Happy growing my man!

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

Reading the ingredients of Power SI is says Potassium Silicate and Phosphoric Acid primarily? IS it possible when starting a Reservoir Change that adding GH PH down and your Liquid Potassium Silicate first is actually producing Silicic Acid? Or is there some fancy Lab work I am missing here? In other words, question: Does combing Potassium Silicate and Phosphoric Acid produce Silicic Acid in any quantity?

LEDhead

LEDhead

Reading the ingredients of Power SI is says Potassium Silicate and Phosphoric Acid primarily? IS it possible when starting a Reservoir Change that adding GH PH down and your Liquid Potassium Silicate first is actually producing Silicic Acid? Or is there some fancy Lab work I am missing here? In other words, question: Does combing Potassium Silicate and Phosphoric Acid produce Silicic Acid in any quantity?
Great question, you should message PowerSi on IG and post your results here.

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

You think They would answer That if it was True?: Definitely, probably Not. Their stuff is too expensive... Too much money to lose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom