wanting to do an outdoor grow

• Thread starter NOCO24
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NOCO24

ok so i need a little help!
i want to do an outdoor grow in 25 gallon smart pots and i want to keep them short but i also want to get a huge yield..
oh and im thinking of using general hydroponic organic line!

Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

so....uhhh....cant really give you an answer without a question?
go through this section there is a whole thread dedicated to colorado outdoor...check it

C

ChickenJoe

ok so i need a little help!
i want to do an outdoor grow in 25 gallon smart pots and i want to keep them short but i also want to get a huge yield..
oh and im thinking of using general hydroponic organic line!

dont listen to ole Dr Evil...hes got a nice 600wt closet grow going with a bunch of TGA gear...:anim_09:

BUT...the general organic line kicks ass but if you dont have a nice fence the critters are gonna be digging up that organic smell. Chem ferts are gonna be your best bet outside if ya got coons, etc around. How big they get all depends on the strain. Best advice i can give ya is throw em out, make sure you have some stains that will be done by Oct(all depends on your altitude) and see what happens bro. Dont take clones under 18-24hrs light and put them outside June 1st or whenever cause they are gonna flower out. Make sure you replicate the outdoor sun up and sun down times....seeds work best starting them outside. People dont realize how big a plant in 25gallons will get in just a month outside starting from a little seedling.

Anyway i could go on and on...theres tons of good info here but any outdoor questions ya got you can shoot me a pm and ill answer ya. Good luck!

D

DoobyScoo

NOCO24;608066general hydroponic organic line![/QUOTE said:
ABORT!!!
Repeat.
ABORT!!!
Save yo money!

Organic Fanatic Collective on Spicymag.

GH is good for salts.

Wolverines!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_I4WgBfETc

25gal pot is going to be too small with 2-3 mos summer veg.
Unless you are just now starting from clone or seedling.

Or if you use General Organics, you should be able to stunt the growth enough to make that 25gal work.

I love GH, but they are only good for salts.

N

NOCO24

@ dr evil ima check it out the threads..should i do any topping or lst?

@ Chicken joe thanks for that info. and i have a fence and im usually always in my backyard so ill keep a close eye i got a 45 day strain which i know will finish before frost i hope...im worried about the 70 day strain! :/

@Dooby scoo what pot would you recommend if my plants are a foot?

D

DoobyScoo

Now 1 ft?
65+ gal.

Check out Double JJ or Ganja D or Tom Hill or Humbolt Local on Spicymag.

Don't like plugging the other site, but the threads are priceless.

Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

dont listen to ole Dr Evil...hes got a nice 600wt closet grow going with a bunch of TGA gear...:anim_09:
!

dont know where this is coming from...but ill be your huckelberry!
act your age not your dick size...twat!

C

ChickenJoe

25 gallon is plenty but youll have to water more which if its in your backyard that will kickass. Ive grown 8 foot monsters in 32 gallon trashcans.

M

mendel

A well grown plant in a 25 gallon smart pot ought to yeild around 1 to 1.5 lb dried. A 45 gallon pot will yeild in the 1.5-3 lb range. A 25 gallon pot is big enough for a 2 month veg (I dunno where you get 2-3 months veg preacher man, plants begin to flower around the 1st of august).

Roots organic soil has always worked well for me, but ocean forest is good too if cut w some perlite. I prefer the roots organic becuase its coir based.

Easy cheap veg food is fish emulsion and liquid kelp. A gallon of each ought to get you thru veg w 4-6 big plants. For flower I use fox farm products.

If you cut big slits in the bottom of your smartpot before you fill it the plants will grow into the surrounding ground with ease, making them grow even bigger.

Dont get all excited and put your plants out early, june 1 is fine. Immediately change your veg lite cycle to 16 on/8 off to match the june 1 photoperiod. The plants need to adjust themselves to this lite period so as not to flower when put out.

T

trusmoker

check my pics bro i just thrown an exo cheese out a week ago an she is loving it plus i live in the uk so not the best weather up to now neither lol anyways good luck bro an i would go organic outside but like dude said b4 bugs an shit will love it
peace ts

A

AGRow

ChickenJoe: I'm interested in what you mean by altitude affecting the flowering time for outdoor. Can anyone elaborate?

Blaze

Blaze

Hey NOCO24 - what do you mean by a "huge yield?" A 25 gallon is big enough to grow a decent sized plant, but certainly not a big one. Also once the root mass fills that pot you are going to have to water it very frequently - small pots do not give you much "wiggle room." I usually figure that 45 gallons is the minimum you want to go w/ outdoor if you want it to be worth your time. A 25 gallon is just not big enough to keep the plant from getting root-bound in a normal outdoor environment. The smallest I am going this year is 75 gallons - my main garden is all in 400+ gallon beds.

I have not used the GH organic line so I cannot comment on it. However most of GH's products seem geared to hydro so I cannot really recommend anything they make for outdoor. In my opinion the single best thing you can do for your outdoor grow is so learn how to make aerated compost tea (ACT). So long as you are applying good ACT once a week or so your plants should do fine regardless of what bran nutrient you use. Also something to keep in mind - virtually all nutrients are ionic salts. So, when you hear people talking about how bad salts are, or how you do not want salts in your fertilizer, that is a really inaccurate statement. Plants NEED salts to grow - without them your plants would wither and die due to lack of nutrition.

D

DoobyScoo

ChickenJoe: I'm interested in what you mean by altitude affecting the flowering time for outdoor. Can anyone elaborate?

Weather can be a bit different at 9,000 ft versus 7,000 ft.

@Mendel
Sorry, Mendel 2 mos. I was wrong.

Just saying he can go bigger if he want's to, but yeah, prepping the ground around them a little would allow for less store bought soil and let them do their thing. Cheapest, maybe even best route, for sure. Could even have it dug into the ground a little, so as to not stick out as much.

@Blaze
Not all nutrients are in their Ionic form.
Organics are bound up in the surrounding materials, and broken down/delivered by the micro-herd.

I am just saying read up a little on Organics and save yourself $$$ from buying the bottled shit. Maybe not this year, but next. I still have bottles of PBP that I am using because I just started reading up on Organics. But once these bottles run out, I ain't going back for more.

N

NOCO24

@ truesmmoker thanks always keep it organic! :)

@ blaze i think ima go with 45 gallons for sure..hopefully get 2lbs

Top Bottom