Wanting to repot and start LST but…

• Thread starter Noobstar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Noobstar

Noobstar

I don’t know 4/5 of my plants sex!

Hey farmers,
this is basically a “are my plants male or female?” Post.
Wanting to repot and start lst but

So with my plants nearly reaching 1 foot in height I feel maybe I should of started LST a little while ago.
I want to start LST now, but the plants will clearly bend over the lip of the pots they are currently in.

My next thought of course is ok time to repot These babies in some 10 gal or 15 gal pots and then start LST, but I’m unsure of the sex for most of my plants and I really don’t wanna spend money on males. Below will be pictures of the unknowns.
if unable to sex them yet let me know what you would do in this situation.

1st plant:
Wanting to repot and start lst but 2

2nd plant:
Wanting to repot and start lst but 3

3rd plant:
Wanting to repot and start lst but 4
4th plant:
Wanting to repot and start lst but 5

The 5th I was able to do on my own as it turned out to be an auto.
Wanting to repot and start lst but 6

I realize the pictures are most likely crap.(my hands shake and camera isn’t the best) but this is what I got.
Thank you all so much.

Farmer88

Farmer88

I'm not seeing any development of sexual organs currently. Repot at you're leisure.

Noobstar

Noobstar

I'm not seeing any development of sexual organs currently. Repot at you're leisure.
Ok, think I’ll just risk it and repot.
Do you think repotting,topping,and starting LST all at once would be too much strain on the plants?

Farmer88

Farmer88

Ok, think I’ll just risk it and repot.
Do you think repotting,topping,and starting LST all at once would be too much strain on the plants?

Yes. Let it transplant shock and recover. Then top and recover. Then LST and recovery. Should take about nine days to run the whole process. Thats just a conservative eatimate, other factors and your personal observations can lengthen or shorten the timeline.

Noobstar

Noobstar

Yes. Let it transplant shock and recover. Then top and recover. Then LST and recovery. Should take about nine days to run the whole process. Thats just a conservative eatimate, other factors and your personal observations can lengthen or shorten the timeline.
Gotcha, thank you!

Noobstar

Noobstar

A little update. I ended up purchasing coast of Maine organic soil and some coast of Maine lobster compost.
2B561568 8D02 4650 8799 D8F66C07041F

43722A0D E9E0 49AC 84E2 22575854F40F

4/5 plants are now in 15 gal cloth pots with a little lobster compost mixed in each one. For my autoflower I decided to only go with a 5 gal pot.
6180B6C3 49E7 4CA9 8D78 FD867116CCA8

Was quite sweaty after this transplant lol.

Farmer88

Farmer88

Definitely might set you back a little on the auto. CoM soil very reliable and I have had great results in side by side trials. They will establish fast in that medium.

Noobstar

Noobstar

Definitely might set you back a little on the auto. CoM soil very reliable and I have had great results in side by side trials. They will establish fast in that medium.
Love to hear it, but Umm I’m definitely a little too excited and am not thinking ahead and now I have to deal with indirect sunlight for some part of the day.
I was moving the 1 gal pots into direct sunlight whenever the shade got close. I don’t have the best yard for sun.
So now with the 15 gal pots, I could move them still it’s just a lot more effort.
What’s your thoughts on indirect sunlight?
am I stressing the plants moving them? (I keep them quite steady when moving.)Should I just let them deal with some indirect sunlight?

Farmer88

Farmer88

Love to hear it, but Umm I’m definitely a little too excited and am not thinking ahead and now I have to deal with indirect sunlight for some part of the day.
I was moving the 1 gal pots into direct sunlight whenever the shade got close. I don’t have the best yard for sun.
So now with the 15 gal pots, I could move them still it’s just a lot more effort.
What’s your thoughts on indirect sunlight?
am I stressing the plants moving them? (I keep them quite steady when moving.)Should I just let them deal with some indirect sunlight?

Full sun or as close to it as possible. No need to move them all over. Find your best spots and park em. Use the KISS system and you will be fine.

Noobstar

Noobstar

Plants reacted fine to the repotting, didn’t seem to stress them out at all.
Today I topped all of them. (except the auto)
I will start LST tomorrow depending on how the plants look.

Noobstar

Noobstar

ok, so it’s nearly been 24 hours after topping, it has definitely stressed the plants out more than the repotting did.
here’s some pictures.
34E6FF31 F44B 4D2E 907E 98004B263859

3EFA3B36 9571 4C4C BC77 2E1F4A2EA624

These 2 are the most stressed. A lot of the leaves up top curling quite a bit, and the tops are drooping a decent amount.
The other 2:
A9991989 27FB 4B75 9F4A 5240215FD737

17FE7680 1FD4 48DB B11C F00A0F12A313

Not nearly as much leaf curling and the tops are dropping as well, but not as much as the other 2.

Noobstar

Noobstar

So the drooping on the first pictured plant got really bad, like it looked like I started LST on it without anything pulling it down, but now 2 and a half hours later:
C0F219B0 7DC8 4D60 BD1F 9527CD3C803F
D9EB0CA6 986D 4663 8BCF EAF6750D54DF
no droop! These plants are crazy.

Noobstar

Noobstar

This will probably be the last update on this thread for anyone who might come across it.
plants are doing fine after the repotting and topping. They looked great this morning so I decided to start LST.
I feel I could bend them a bit more but I am nervous being my first time, probably should of started LST while ago.
Pics:
820A7E6A 0049 499D AD72 6B8E6CFA34E5

42DA81DD 9AD9 4B49 9444 B9CEC6BA9E2B

Top Bottom