Warehouse setup

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Funny you mentioned that, I actually just bought two shipping containers for my biz, but was debating building them out instead.I didnt like the idea of only having 8' of width, I wish they had 10' wide ones theyd be so perfect. But its all good im using them for my business now instead. I am not worried about maintaining enviromental conditions as ive been running a room this size for the past 3 years and am fully aware of the problems associated with a grow this size. Im planning on replicating my last spot which was a fully insulated 20x24, 16k, 8 tons ac, but in a warehouse unit instead of a large basement this time around. Thanks you guys.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Okay everyone. Really would like a little feedback. So I had a 20x20 built fully to code in my unit. My landlord is listing it as storage. The only thing i need to know is where I should place my condensor. If I cant put a 5 ton york condensor on the roof by code in norcal and had to put it in plain site from the parking lot. Do yall think id be ok or would someone think somethings up with it listed as storage with a large ac and want to inspect? Any feedback would be great because I really dont want to install it and have to have it moved and redone. Thanks everyone

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
im curious if you could put the 5 ton inside, and build out a room heavily insulated/heavily ventilated for it. I read threads of ppl doing this on a smaller scaler 2-3tons.

confu

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
im curious if you could put the 5 ton inside, and build out a room heavily insulated/heavily ventilated for it. I read threads of ppl doing this on a smaller scaler 2-3tons.

confu

I am sure you could do this. Just vent it through the roof with an 18" duct and a hell of a blower.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
^^^ yup and canabisjohn can tell u how much cfm/how big of fan u would need for a 5 ton.

Confu.

V

vino

I know a little about this. I have rented out numerous warehouse spaces.
dont cut corners. nickels holding up a dollar. if your going to go out of your way and get everything to code - which is a must, then you also need to have your CA nonprofit paperwork together also. Do not believe that a "recommendation" is all that is needed. If your going to be known by building inspectors/fire marshals/city folk, you going to need to have paperwork in utmost order. Dont risk everything you have and skip on the paperwork. I have been in 2 seperate warehouses for over 2 years with no inspection, but they can pop up at anytime in LA. stay on the up and up.

and do multiple rooms. I run 4 10x15ft rooms with a 5ton ac. 100x easier then one big space.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I dont know if id want to put the condensor inside just feels like trouble waiting to happen especially mid summer. People all over the industrial park have several air conditioners outside so I wouldnt be the only one. Would I have to get inspections if theres a condensor outside but no business listed at the unit just listed as storage?

V

vino

in norcal you cant put a 5 ton york on your roof? im in LA and I placed two on my roof. lincensed contractor put them up. how would you run your intake / outtake duct connections without the unit being on roof? Also a few things with an AC. In LA when you put an AC unit ontop of a commercial building your leasing, that AC unit is now owned by the building. Tenant improvement bullshit. Unless you have your landlord sign something otherwise, he can claim it when you move out. And with getting an AC on your roof, you need to pull permits and have a crane crew lift it.

they do work wonders though. i run all bare bulb rooms and my temps can stay at 58 degrees through all rooms and thats with a burner going in each room too. CSE.

also make sure to make a lung large enough to hold equip/air movement. works alot better. no heat in rooms from ballasts/efc.

V

vino

oh yeah....check out this site--mccdirectory.org. they offer classes. real professional. and not ordinary grow classes. they lay out the law, how to set up a grow, how to set up a delivery/dispensary. Very useful and Ive met many norcal folks who have come to get it all figured out.

if your looking for a top notch lawyer or folks who have built these things out.

specifically this class. its to setup a cultivation location for yourself/patients

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

vino, can you elaborate a little on your lung configuration? running 2 of those rooms at a time right?

V

vino

heres a link to the Los Angeles Department Building and Safety Pre Inspection requirements. Its the newest one. If folks just followed steps, they would be complying with all city codes/laws in Los Angeles. Im pretty sure every city that allows collectives, would have this paperwork. Sometimes you have to dig it up. The problem is alot of folks dont want to follow steps, still scared the law will come get them, or THEY THINK A "RECOMMENDATION" GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO GROW IN A RANDOM COMMERCIAL SPACE. it does not. read the law. a recommendation doesn't even stop them from taking everything. Get registered with the Department of Health. It all costs money up front, and time to do it right, but in the end you wont regret it. When the vote comes down, you have all your licenses, inspections, etc in order. its called "turn-key"

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Alright guys. So I can put my condensors on the roof thats good news but if I hire a licensed hvac to install the ac what all goes into getting the permit to do so? and does that automatically list me for inspections? Oh and thank you guys so much for the links it helped a bunch

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
heres a link to the Los Angeles Department Building and Safety Pre Inspection requirements. Its the newest one. If folks just followed steps, they would be complying with all city codes/laws in Los Angeles. Im pretty sure every city that allows collectives, would have this paperwork. Sometimes you have to dig it up. The problem is alot of folks dont want to follow steps, still scared the law will come get them, or THEY THINK A "RECOMMENDATION" GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO GROW IN A RANDOM COMMERCIAL SPACE. it does not. read the law. a recommendation doesn't even stop them from taking everything. Get registered with the Department of Health. It all costs money up front, and time to do it right, but in the end you wont regret it. When the vote comes down, you have all your licenses, inspections, etc in order. its called "turn-key"

http://www.ci.la.ca.us/ladbs/faq/info bulletins/general info/2010/IB-P-GI 2010-029 Med_Marijuana.pdf

Did you jump through all of these hoops to build out your warehouse? This registration process outlines the process for a collective, but do they mean dispensary? If you have a non prof set up you can only operate in LA as a collective (no storefront), if you have met all of these guidelines?

There are a lot more collectives in Los Angeles than 70!!!

See below...

In order to apply for a MMPI, a collective that has received a priority number from the City
Clerk shall provide all of the following items to LADBS at 201 N. Figueroa St, 4th floor, Station
# 14:
1. A completed MMPI Request Form
2. Proof that written notice has been given to:
a. the Police Department,
b. all property owners and occupants within and outside the City that are within 1,000 feet
of the exterior boundaries of the location,
c. the City Council member of the district in which the collective is proposed to be located,
d. the Certified Neighborhood Council, and
e. any Business Improvement District (“BID”) representing the area in which the collective

We have a mutual non prof collective and there is no way in hell I am giving written notice to that many people.

V

vino

hookedonponics -- if you have a licensed HVAC he knows all the steps he has to take to get that thing on the roof, you shouldn't have to worry about that. My HVAC guy takes care of cranes/permits/electrical --- because that what hes being paid big bucks for.

el cerebro - my lung room is approximately 4.5ft x 40ft. I use my hallway as a lung. i'll take a picture tonight. it contains all my ducting,ballasts,boxes,and scrubber to keep it fresh.

capulator -- that ladbs is from the last time LA tried placing an ordinance on Dispensaries and Collectives. So those are just guidelines for when they finally set some shit in stone. So the number 70 doesn't mean that much, right now. As it stands the city isn't stopping them from opening. On May 21 though the city with finally have a vote and say. And the options are not pretty for dispensaries, or collectives that operate as dispensaries. After the vote you may not ever have a chance again to get a permit/collective license or it may become harder. As they imposed 70 before the vote last time, they can impose another number - just make sure your in and ready.
Now if you have a non profit mutual benefit collective and are less then 3 people, and have all your licensing (business/sellers permit) then your in a gray area. They are saying that if you operate a collective with 3 or under, and dont operate a store front. Then youll be ok ----- ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT PAPERWORK.

Articles of Incorporation
Business License ( it has to say Medical Marijuana Collective) - not a generic business license. And you can't receive that unless you have your Non Profit setup 100% right. (Theres a feeling going around that after the city votes, these will be pretty hard to come by - think of what it costs and how hard it is to now get a liquor license now a days)
Sellers Permit
Department of Health cards ( these are a must for anyone in the cannabis industry. They are voluntary and cost money, but they are your golden ticket and your armor suit. Read SB420 and see what it says about the difference between "recommendations" and "a person with an ID card" (stupid name, but thats what the state calls it)

sb420 excerpt -No person or designated primary caregiver in possession of a
valid identification card shall be subject to arrest for possession, transportation, delivery, or cultivation of medical marijuana in an amount established pursuant to this article, unless there is reasonable cause to believe that the information contained in the card is false or falsified, the card has been obtained by means of fraud, or the person is otherwise in violation of the provisions of this article.
the same cant be said for someone with a "recommendation" read the state guidelines.

.If you dont have one of these are you are growing/smoking/using/transporting or worried about the PD , then look into getting one. This is the same department and program that you get Primary Caregiver cards (fyi - the only way a grower can recoup costs is if he is a Primary Caregiver. DONT BELIEVE THE NONSENSE THAT A RECOMMENDATION MAKES YOU A PRIMARY CAREGIVER. it doesn't. what does is a little plastic card issued by the city that costs $152 X 2 per year. your patient pays $152 and you pay $152 to be they're caregiver. on top of the $152 you paid for your DPH card. So in total its about $450 to be a true Primary Caregiver. **http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/mmip/** its basically how the city is making money.

and as for notifying the police - they have to be notified when you set up a professional alarm system. i.e. ADT. otherwise if your alarm goes off, and ADT doesn't get in touch with you, they call the police. and the police charge an insane amount of money if you alarm isn't registered.

Now you pay city/state taxes for your nonprofit. Whose to think they dont know who you are.

I also have a place that there are no neighbors that care, there are no parks, there are no schools. Find a place in an industrial area. Thats all the city wants, is for all these dispensaries/collectives not having any regulation/concern for neighborhoods. Basically the city wants to have real business folk who obey laws, pay taxes, follow rules, and not a bunch of random no name joes making cash and not paying their fair share. Thats called illegal business practices. People shouldn't be scared to notify people/talk to pd/hire contractors/get permits if what your doing is done LEGALLY.

luckily I also know someone that has one of the first 70 licenses. but he doesnt have all his paperwork in order. basically makes him null and void. So it then will probably get sold to me. Also in the LADBS forms it says that you only have 30 days to complete, or start over. Imagine you having everything but 1 piece, which takes time to get, and then 40 more people jump you in line. that would suck wouldn't it!

V

vino

also...we are still living under Atty Gen Jerry Browns guidelines from 2008. here are Kamala Harris' guidelines that were leaked. They haven't been implemented yet, but they will at some point. This is where the state is making more regulation. And if your a grower there are some things in there you should read....i.e. growers can only sell to one dispensary. growers have to have all products tested. and so on. good read. Theres some great info towards the end that would be great business opportunity if you wanted one...were talking patients by the thousands. but you gotta figure it out.

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2011/07/2011_ca_atty_gen_marijuana_guidelines_leaked_read.php

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
hookedonponics -- if you have a licensed HVAC he knows all the steps he has to take to get that thing on the roof, you shouldn't have to worry about that. My HVAC guy takes care of cranes/permits/electrical --- because that what hes being paid big bucks for.

el cerebro - my lung room is approximately 4.5ft x 40ft. I use my hallway as a lung. i'll take a picture tonight. it contains all my ducting,ballasts,boxes,and scrubber to keep it fresh.

capulator -- that ladbs is from the last time LA tried placing an ordinance on Dispensaries and Collectives. So those are just guidelines for when they finally set some shit in stone. So the number 70 doesn't mean that much, right now. As it stands the city isn't stopping them from opening. On May 21 though the city with finally have a vote and say. And the options are not pretty for dispensaries, or collectives that operate as dispensaries. After the vote you may not ever have a chance again to get a permit/collective license or it may become harder. As they imposed 70 before the vote last time, they can impose another number - just make sure your in and ready.
Now if you have a non profit mutual benefit collective and are less then 3 people, and have all your licensing (business/sellers permit) then your in a gray area. They are saying that if you operate a collective with 3 or under, and dont operate a store front. Then youll be ok ----- ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT PAPERWORK.

Articles of Incorporation
Business License ( it has to say Medical Marijuana Collective) - not a generic business license. And you can't receive that unless you have your Non Profit setup 100% right. (Theres a feeling going around that after the city votes, these will be pretty hard to come by - think of what it costs and how hard it is to now get a liquor license now a days)
Sellers Permit
Department of Health cards ( these are a must for anyone in the cannabis industry. They are voluntary and cost money, but they are your golden ticket and your armor suit. Read SB420 and see what it says about the difference between "recommendations" and "a person with an ID card" (stupid name, but thats what the state calls it)

sb420 excerpt -No person or designated primary caregiver in possession of a
valid identification card shall be subject to arrest for possession, transportation, delivery, or cultivation of medical marijuana in an amount established pursuant to this article, unless there is reasonable cause to believe that the information contained in the card is false or falsified, the card has been obtained by means of fraud, or the person is otherwise in violation of the provisions of this article.
the same cant be said for someone with a "recommendation" read the state guidelines.

.If you dont have one of these are you are growing/smoking/using/transporting or worried about the PD , then look into getting one. This is the same department and program that you get Primary Caregiver cards (fyi - the only way a grower can recoup costs is if he is a Primary Caregiver. DONT BELIEVE THE NONSENSE THAT A RECOMMENDATION MAKES YOU A PRIMARY CAREGIVER. it doesn't. what does is a little plastic card issued by the city that costs $152 X 2 per year. your patient pays $152 and you pay $152 to be they're caregiver. on top of the $152 you paid for your DPH card. So in total its about $450 to be a true Primary Caregiver. **http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/mmip/** its basically how the city is making money.

and as for notifying the police - they have to be notified when you set up a professional alarm system. i.e. ADT. otherwise if your alarm goes off, and ADT doesn't get in touch with you, they call the police. and the police charge an insane amount of money if you alarm isn't registered.

Now you pay city/state taxes for your nonprofit. Whose to think they dont know who you are.

I also have a place that there are no neighbors that care, there are no parks, there are no schools. Find a place in an industrial area. Thats all the city wants, is for all these dispensaries/collectives not having any regulation/concern for neighborhoods. Basically the city wants to have real business folk who obey laws, pay taxes, follow rules, and not a bunch of random no name joes making cash and not paying their fair share. Thats called illegal business practices. People shouldn't be scared to notify people/talk to pd/hire contractors/get permits if what your doing is done LEGALLY.

luckily I also know someone that has one of the first 70 licenses. but he doesnt have all his paperwork in order. basically makes him null and void. So it then will probably get sold to me. Also in the LADBS forms it says that you only have 30 days to complete, or start over. Imagine you having everything but 1 piece, which takes time to get, and then 40 more people jump you in line. that would suck wouldn't it!

I have all the things you mention but I did not know about the 3 members or under rule. We are about 20 members. The card is the only way you can't be rousted. Recs dont mean shit. I have been preachin this here before.

V

vino

every city and county are different in terms of limits/caregivers. The LA MMP will only let you obtain 10 Primary Caregiver cards. That keeps you under the 99 plants. Max is 60 flowering. This is what the city was saying back in October

"Under the ban, medical patients and their caregivers will be able to grow and share the drug in small groups of three people or less."

so basically your 2 directors and the president of your non-profit. That is the collective of 3. And now each member of the Collective is the primary caregiver to 10 patients.......so....now ... your plant numbers go up. and anything past 30 patients/180 plants is beyond me. My space would be so stuffed it would not be enjoyable anymore. I love my job. I dont want to hate it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom