Warning: All new Hydrologic Stealth RO 100/200 users

• Thread starter noone88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

noone88

If you have the new units that have the pressure gauge, you need to be aware of this design flaw.

The inlet water from your water source that goes to the black thing with the gauge. You're suppose to slide the tube through the nut and then tighten to secure the tubing.

THIS PART WILL FAIL.

Learn from my costly mistake. Unscrew the whole black gauge/inlet assembly and go to home depot and pick up the appropriate MIP/Quick Connect part. This was their old design and I never had any problems after countless installs and filter changes.

A

Atomizer

effects?

What were the effects of this outage? I'm having trouble with one of these units and was wondering if this caused you any output rate issues? nay help would be appreciated thanks!

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I just got a hydrologic 100 a week ago, and 6 or 7 times the white tubing that gets tightened down blows off when the hose turns on..Is this what you are talking about? I have tried to tighten it to within an inch of its life, and it still blows off...I was planning on sending it back, but if it is the same thing then it will keep happening..right?

N

noone88

I just got a hydrologic 100 a week ago, and 6 or 7 times the white tubing that gets tightened down blows off when the hose turns on..Is this what you are talking about? I have tried to tighten it to within an inch of its life, and it still blows off...I was planning on sending it back, but if it is the same thing then it will keep happening..right?

Yes, that is what happens. The white tubing will slip off and you will have higher pressure water spraying everywhere.

Go to Home depot and find the quick connect 3/8 and I believe 1/2 MIP that replaces the gauge. This is basically their old setup before they implemented this gauge.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Noon..

I figured out how to deal with my hose problem. I turn on the pressure slightly until the run off starts, then I gradually add more water pressure. It is when I just turn on water pressure full force that it blows off. I haven't had a hose failure since late may, and I use the Stealth 100 daily. Thanks for the heads up..take care

N

noone88

It's not even worth the remote chance of the hose slipping. Replace it with a quick connect and you'll never have to worry about this disaster. I learned this the hard way.

S

senate

Hi. Newbie with a stupid question here. With the Stealth 100, can I just connect a garden hose from the sink to the stealth 100 and it will pour RO water out the other end? Is it that easy?

I

Inhale

Not saying it doesn't happen, because i've seen it while trying to connect the unit, it really only happened when I didn't tighten the knob fully. I can turn my water supply off and on without any blowouts. It's been holding for about 2 months without issues. My entire water system is ran off the same RO and T'd to each room with float valves. The T's were having the same time. I did damage the plastic while tightening everything down, but not a big deal, the system is always hidden away nicely :)

Everything to hook it up directly under the sink can be found at ace for under $20. Screw hoses... and go with float valves if youre using a stationary rez.
All the RO'd water can be T'd off to multiple rez. Obviously the w&t will be greater and the RO membrane will need to be replaced quicker. 100' of tubing costs +$7 and a float valve is +$5 on the $20.

Peacheater81

Peacheater81

How do you open the tube that holds the membrane? I need to replace mine but I can't get the cap to screw off?

K

koolaidkoresh

How do you open the tube that holds the membrane? I need to replace mine but I can't get the cap to screw off?
run hot water on any filter housing then twist off with towel works every time like heating up a nut on a car

Top Bottom