Warren Mi Warning

• Thread starter lollipopman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lollipopman

lollipopman

Heads up to all growers in Warren Mi macomb county new city ordnance came out. No more grow facility's unless zones m1,m2,m3 plus 500ft from a residential house. If growing in residential No more growing for others. You can only grow your 12 and if you are a caregiver you have to grow your patients plants in thier own house...

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Interesting, I'm no so sure thats going to hold up in court but i guess we'll see if anyone chooses to challenge the law.

Seems like the ordnance is in conflict/violation with state law. The whole can't grow for your patients thing is prolly whats gonna get this killed, " County and municipal ordinances apply to everyone within the county or municipality limits. These ordinances may not violate state or federal laws. "

" Municipalities that have been granted "home rule" charters by the legislature have the most authority to act. If, however, a municipality enacts an ordinance that exceeds its charter or is in conflict with state or federal law, the ordinance can be challenged in court and ruled void."

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

LMFAO!!!!

What patient is going to allow plants to be grown in their home. So what am I supposed to do, set up grows in 6 different locations? Kiss my f n a ss warren. I'm glad I spend 1300/mo on a ghetto ass building deep in the heart of hooker/Crack head/dope house in detroit. Nothing like getting the feeling your going to be robbed at gun point, and not being legally allowed to carry and defend myself. All I'm legally allowed to have is a knife. Every bring a knife to a gun fight. The outcomes are not good for the knife guy.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Someones gonna have to take this to court before anything else is gonna change... Sucks for now but id start contacting advocacy groups in michigan to see if they have any plans or lawyers ready to fight this.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Council President Cecil St. Pierre, an attorney in private practice, voted in favor of the ordinance and the requested zoning changes, but added that the new rules will likely be tested in court.

“There’s no question this is going to be challenged on a constitutional basis, because the Michigan law allowing medicinal marijuana is constitutional in nature,” St. Pierre said.

Like i said... You just need to bid your time.. This will not stand, Its a clear and direct violate of our states right and law.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Hows the general grower supposed to afford an attorney for a fight like this? It's like you or I going against monsanto. Your gonna lose no matter what. Money trumps anything an everything in the world now adays.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Hows the general grower supposed to afford an attorney for a fight like this? It's like you or I going against monsanto. Your gonna lose no matter what. Money trumps anything an everything in the world now adays.

Contact normal Its only gonna take a single lawyer and a day in court to have this whole thing thrown the fuck out, at least the provisions on restricted growing anyway.

It will get challenged its just a matter of who's gonna do it and if its gonna get done before the ban takes effect.. If it DOES the judge can issue a temp injunction preventing the law from taking effect before the judges decided the final outcome.

Honestly i wouldn't really freak out and unless you plan on having a visit from a city inspector anytime soon I wouldn't do anything different... Just sit back and watch/wait Keep an eye on the news, contact your local advocacy groups and see whos got what planned. I'm sure the balls already rolling.

Its funny tho knowing the problems that city and mccomb county have in general, that there going to choose to spend city funds on a fucking lawsuit instead of fixing shit like i dunno POT HOLES?!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Like I mentioned above, I HAVE to grow in detroit. I have a almost 3yr old at home and in fear of cps, Im forced to grow in detroit. Spending an extra 1300/mo on a building with some very unsavory people and area. Also my previous grow building was broken I to, losing over 16 plants 1 week from harvest. This would NOT have happened had I been growing at my house. But alas, CPS has me.scared as hell and costing me an additional 15000 a yr in lease expenses.

lollipopman

lollipopman

@LittleDabbie I've had city inspector come already, pretty much was good to go until this 500ft bs.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Oregon recently made some very similar changes. None of that 500 ft. nonsense, but fucked a lot of patients over nonetheless. Had to drop my two patients I've had since I got started. It's a shame, they're getting dicked around by their new grower and I have to tell them there's nothing I can do unless they want to move in with me (obviously not happening) or I move to a property that coincides with the new state/county zoning ordinances. As for now me and the wife just grow for our own cards.

Doesn't appear that anyone took it to court over here, it'd be cool to see some pushback.

Michiganmeds

Michiganmeds

You say you had a letter on your door, but how did they know about you in the first place?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Doesn't appear that anyone took it to court over here, it'd be cool to see some pushback.

Different states different laws different programs.. Also theres questions on how this roll call vote was taken and suggestion that on that grounds alone that law will be over turned.

Its good that information is coming out less panic more information :D

And yeah how did they know about you?? Our registry is protected from unauthorized viewing...

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Many children have been taken away by cps for home grows with kids. They can deem.it unsafe for children due to the increase risk of break ins due to medical mj.

Michiganmeds

Michiganmeds

I have not seen a case of that in michigan. And I know of a few people who have had dhs in the house and told about the grow and they were told that as long as you are compliant and not partaking in front of children that they really can't do anything...

That is in my neck of the woods, could be different elsewhere.

lollipopman

lollipopman

You say you had a letter on your door, but how did they know about you in the first place?
Did a land contract with the owner who owns the building next door, he wanted to come in to check what I was doing and I told him no, so he said I'll call the city inspector . And he did.. doesn't matter I think they pulling power bills cause next door like 200ft away that dude got one too

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

This is just too funny. I don't know how many of you were growing here in the days before medical, but I been growing in some capacity since 1976 I went strictly indoor in 99 and during all that time till 2008 i was told by the powers that be I could not do it.

I guess I am just a pirate/outlaw at heart , but if I lived in fouts land I would have my op and nobody would be any the wiser:D

2b2s

Top Bottom