Was Growing 5 Leaves, Now 3 Leaves. Why?

• Thread starter Perception
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perception

Perception

Of the 6 seeds I started, I threw them under the flowering light pretty early to sex them (indoor, soil) and found three hermaphrodites. I put the hermies outside in my garden. They quickly switched back to vegetative growth. It's been a few weeks now, and all three are now growing 3-leaf or 1-leaf fans.

It's been hot and dry here (90's every day), although we keep them mostly wet with rest of garden. I'm not concerned about these plants - it was an experiment - but I'm curious what causes this? I'm guessing heat or watering cycle stress. Just wondering for my own knowledge and future grows.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Of the 6 seeds I started, I threw them under the flowering light pretty early to sex them (indoor, soil) and found three hermaphrodites. I put the hermies outside in my garden. They quickly switched back to vegetative growth. It's been a few weeks now, and all three are now growing 3-leaf or 1-leaf fans.

It's been hot and dry here (90's every day), although we keep them mostly wet with rest of garden. I'm not concerned about these plants - it was an experiment - but I'm curious what causes this? I'm guessing heat or watering cycle stress. Just wondering for my own knowledge and future grows.

It usually has to do when the light cycle gets messed up. The plants were started to flower then put back in veg mode. You may have pushed the plants a bit too hard in having them flower to show sex.
At the very first sign of sex, they needed to go back to veg.

I have a couple of three and ones myself.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yep. And I made a thread to help explain what's happening and why it happened. You've just started a clock.

Thread's in my sig line.

Top Bottom